Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I hope it's just a temporary lapse, but I actually feel pretty sorry for the decent bears today. Things can't really get much worse can they? :(

Why are there absolutely no moves towards fan ownership? I would have thought the teams low standing and as they're never slow to remind us, huge fanbase, would have made fan ownership eminently achievable in the circumstances.

As an aside, would an admin for the newco actually be that bad for them? I can't imagine anyone with half a brain has given them a line of credit and I would still expect them win the league by 20 points +.

I'm sorry, I did resign from this site but I keep tabs and like to read, but you clearly are a moron. A cretin. A mind-numbingly stupid individual and I feel I have to say that you are a disgrace to rangers fans I know and call friends.

Not one has ever, ever, called me a "Diddie" you idiot. They respect my choice of club, and can laugh at me, but they never, ever abuse me and my choice of team. I was the only die-hard fan, the only one with a club strip in my town when I was growing up.

No one ever asked me what my religion was, ever!

Go back to the dark ages you troglodyte

ETA: Just f**k off, the " signing embargo" was a joke

Erm, are you not supposed to f**k off when you resign? :unsure2:

He's just doing a Charles Green - comebacks allowed!! :unsure2:

I hope it's just a temporary lapse, but I actually feel pretty sorry for the decent bears today. Things can't really get much worse can they? :(

Why are there absolutely no moves towards fan ownership? I would have thought the teams low standing and as they're never slow to remind us, huge fanbase, would have made fan ownership eminently achievable in the circumstances.

As an aside, would an admin for the newco actually be that bad for them? I can't imagine anyone with half a brain has given them a line of credit and I would still expect them win the league by 20 points +.

The fact the fan base is so large and diverse works against us here.

I cant honestly think of anything worse than Mark Dingwall being on the Rangers board?

John McMillan is seemingly a decent enough guy but is borderline senile.

Andy Kerr is seemingly another good Rangers man but to fond of the bevvy. Advocates boycotts to keep in with the less desirable elements within the support but then goes to the games himself.

I am all for Rangers minded people having control of the club...I am all for them at least listening to the supporters groups and maybe even giving us a voice on the board but outright ownership...I cant think of anything worse tbh

The fact the fan base is so large and diverse works against us here.

I cant  honestly think of anything worse than Mark Dingwall being on the Rangers board? 

John McMillan is seemingly a decent enough guy but is borderline senile. 

Andy Kerr is seemingly another good Rangers man but to fond of the bevvy. Advocates boycotts to keep in with the less desirable elements within the support but then goes to the games himself.

I am all for Rangers minded people having control of the club...I am all for them at least listening to the supporters groups and maybe even giving us a voice on the board but outright ownership...I cant think of anything worse tbh

You would need a bigger board room if Dark Mingwall was involved!

If there's enough Decents can't they get their numbers behind someone new, sensible, and not purely out for themselves? Huge numbers doesn't seem to stop the large Spanish and German clubs having fan ownership and representation.

I realise it's not easy to produce someone like this out of thin air but there does not seem to be any appetite for fan involvement or responsibility at all.

Hey 8, that 'inexplicable reddie' was not for opinion of the Easdales, I will defer to your judgement on these gangsters.

What I took umbrage at is your suggestion that the Blue Knight is somehow a fit a proper person merely because he's not as bad as the Bus Bros.

I wouldn't want anyone who had been remotely linked to the last ship going down being at the helm now if it was my team.

Are you talking about Paul murray?

Along with Bain and AJ, whyte got rid of him straightaway. I wouldn't link him with Whyte.

Where's Wally? http://www.whereswally.co.uk/index.html#home See if you can find him...

Especially when you need him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23570933

Walking away? Surely not :thumbsdown

If he couldn't stand the heat, why did he take on the job in the first place? Surely not just for the money :whistle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6ltvAmtVKM

You would need a bigger board room if Dark Mingwall was involved!

If there's enough Decents can't they get their numbers behind someone new, sensible, and not purely out for themselves? Huge numbers doesn't seem to stop the large Spanish and German clubs having fan ownership and representation.

I realise it's not easy to produce someone like this out of thin air but there does not seem to be any appetite for fan involvement or responsibility at all.

We have supporter on the board to unite behind..A Rangers legend..the manager that won 9 in a row..the manager that took us to our last European final etc etc and still we have some who actively dislike him..want him out...I wouldn't be putting myself forward anytime soon.

As for the large Spanish and German clubs. I believe we have close fan links with Hamburg among others and this has been talked about but the stumbling block is there is absolutely no one to unite the support as one.

We have supporters who believe we are an extension of the Orange Order. They see an attack on Rangers as an attack on the Scottish Presbyterian way of life. We do have some who are seriously that extreme. You simply cannot debate with this lunatic fringe who see themselves as 'defenders of the faith'.

We have another faction of silly wee boys who see themselves as the future of the club. They think it is fun to throw flares and set fire to away grounds and sing daft songs about 'Orangemen in Crossmaglen' ... The normal supporter see them as no more than a minor nuisance but for some reason McCoist and the management team have given them special praise that has lifted this lunatic fringe to a position their numbers do not deserve.

All this before you get to the more moderates such as Dingwall..He is not so moderate behind closed doors right enough. Andy Kerr a one time traditionalist who has moved slightly with the times and then old timer McMillan who is so moderate he would roll over to make it easier for Lawwell to tickle his tummy.

Not a chance of uniting the support to any great extent

Are ICT not top of the league? I don't pay much attention to the busted flush league but i thought i heard it mentioned somewhere :P

Yep. There season will fall away when Big Tel replaces Ally though ;)

Are ICT not top of the league? I don't pay much attention to the busted flush league but i thought i heard it mentioned somewhere :P

A few sensible posts then we have normal service resuming with the busted flush league comments.

I realise you may just have been noising up your sister, but this comment is disrespectful to all the teams in the Premiership and not based in reality.

Average attendances and season ticket sales are up at most clubs since RFC went bust.

Sent from my C5303 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

We have supporter on the board to unite behind..A Rangers legend..the manager that won 9 in a row..the manager that took us to our last European final etc etc and still we have some who actively dislike him..want him out...I wouldn't be putting myself forward anytime soon.

As for the large Spanish and German clubs. I believe we have close fan links with Hamburg among others and this has been talked about but the stumbling block is there is absolutely no one to unite the support as one.

We have supporters who believe we are an extension of the Orange Order. They see an attack on Rangers as an attack on the Scottish Presbyterian way of life. We do have some who are seriously that extreme. You simply cannot debate with this lunatic fringe who see themselves as 'defenders of the faith'.

We have another faction of silly wee boys who see themselves as the future of the club. They think it is fun to throw flares and set fire to away grounds and sing daft songs about 'Orangemen in Crossmaglen' ... The normal supporter see them as no more than a minor nuisance but for some reason McCoist and the management team have given them special praise that has lifted this lunatic fringe to a position their numbers do not deserve.

All this before you get to the more moderates such as Dingwall..He is not so moderate behind closed doors right enough. Andy Kerr a one time traditionalist who has moved slightly with the times and then old timer McMillan who is so moderate he would roll over to make it easier for Lawwell to tickle his tummy.

Not a chance of uniting the support to any great extent

Good post - it sounds like you have a good handle on the obstacles to serious fan representation, let alone ownership.

I'm not having a go here, but what you're acknowledging is that the Rangers fanbase is, shall we say - different. It's so large that it's likely to be diverse, but as you say, the lunatic fringe is not as tiny or as unimportant as we're often led to believe.

While the number of season tickets shifted is again impressive, the 'best fans' line does wear thin when we know that for many of their own fans, the club represents something so ugly.

As you say, the scummy element has been pandered to for too long, and this means that they can't now be readily dismissed or overridden. There really isn't an obvious solution beyond crossing your fingers to hope decent sorts somehow get control.

Yep. There season will fall away when Big Tel replaces Ally though ;)

I hear he is close to signing a contract extension, more compo for us then?

Would he be accepted back after describing newco as technically a new club?

I hear he is close to signing a contract extension, more compo for us then?

Would he be accepted back after describing newco as technically a new club?

Remember they welcomed Traynor for Christ's sake.

I'd imagine comments made in his autobiography about the sectarianism there, might be more of a hurdle.