Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

wait a wee minute here... i was told that rangers kept scottish football alive, subsidised the diddy teams.

but what you are saying contradicts this?

oh well, Scottish football does not need rangers: FACT

Quite right Rangers are not bigger than Scottish football and it has been a bit of a shock for their fans when faced with this, some can't deal with it such as still maintaining denial and various fallacious arguments at other clubs fans.

Th eother side of it the cash from the extra few fans and the tv coverage would have benefited clubs in the 3rd last season, bit of a windfall.

Also how many clubs in the Scottish Leagues could end up as Stirling Albion's bitches??. I doubt either that Annan, Peterhead who managed historic victories nor the clubs that managed to hold that 10m+ worth team to draws would swap that for Rangers not being in the 3rd. So yes not needed more of a windfall for these clubs.

Fitting.

Even though you are constantly having a go i still find your posts quite funny and often have a wee chuckle at them. This though is ..... well just dreadful and in no way fitting.

I don't think the picture should have been posted, however on here I have seen posts saying people being murdered by terrorists would be a good thing and others wishing cancer on people and those posts did not seem to get this kind of reaction.

Back on topic

I seems that Imran only has Rangers best interest at heart.

Imran Hits Back

I spoke to Imran Ahmad about the story he is suing Rangers for £3.4 million.

He confirmed the story is true that the club owes him money and he is regrettably taking this action.

However, he has vowed that, whether the matter goes to court or whether there is an out of court settlement, he will plough whatever he gets back into the club.

Imran explained to me it was a matter of principle and that he is still committed to seeing the club do well.

His claims are based on a 5% commission he is due for profits on deals he brokered as Commercial Director.

I have received a breakdown on these deals and they stack up to a staggering £67 million which will benefit Rangers.

The real question about Imran Ahmad’s forced departure from Rangers should be:

Why was a man responsible for bringing millions into the club in a short period of time sent packing and who benefits from this money machine’s removal?

I am not saying Imran is a saint but I could put up with a lot from somebody who is working the Midas Touch on behalf of the team I love.

Here is a statement from Imran regarding both the commission due him and the Rangers Media incident, which I am reliably told is a possible breach of the Data Protection Act:

“Its true the club does owe me money.

In my view the full £3.4m is only due because of the way Chris Graham and Malcolm Murray leaked a story about me without any investigation or proof. I believe they continue to leak confidential club information such as this to the press in a misguided attempt to wage a propaganda campaign to win the forthcoming EGM. As far as EGM is concerned it does not matter what they say as I know we have more shares than them. I think this says more about the so called Rangers Men than me as the leaks are directly from their camp and everyone knows they’re very close to Keith Jackson and the Daily Record. If the real Rangers Men want control of Ibrox the morally correct thing to do is buy a controlling stake in the market. Not try to continually seize control without investing a penny.

Charles Green has agreed to tell the truth if it goes to court i.e. I am due 5% bonus on all the commercial deals I negotiated on behalf of the club. I am hardly going to turn my back on a bonus which is due to me when I’ve directly negotiated £67m worth of contracts which benefit the club over the next 5-10 years.

Neither myself or Charles have ever wanted this to go to court as we are substantial shareholders and in fact Charles had already brokered a deal with the club for a fraction of the full liability but the club has not signed up to it. I had also offered to reinvest all my bonus proceeds plus an additional extra £500k of my own money back into the club. At least this shows how much I’ve contributed to the club and the fact that I am prepared to put more cash into the club.”

Ahmad reiterated to me that he wants to buy more shares in Rangers and is determined to defeat the smear campaign being conducted against him.

People keep asking me why I support Charles Green and Imran Ahmad in the Civil War being waged at the club.

My answer is always the same.

I support The Rangers,

However, I think people who bring such sums of money into the club deserve support for that.

And, as I said earlier, who would benefit from removing these people and conducting a media smear campaign against them almost unparalleled in this day and age?

Why would anyone who purportedly loves Rangers have an issue with the club prospering?

Or seek to vilify and remove those who were making it happen?

That picture is well over the line, in my opinion.

In relation to the Sun article it describes Imran Ahmed as "Disgraced". How's that, apart from the obvious shame of having anything to do with deadco, newco, TRIFC?

Simplistic journalism phraseology. Any office bearer forced to stand down from office is "disgraced". Bear fans will see him as the leaker of information from fortress Sevco - so another chance to use the word.

Remember the target audience of the rag.... simple is best. Which is scarily close to "Simply The Best".....coincidentally ;)

Just wanted to add my disgust at that photo, absolutely sick and should be removed.

Seems there is more legal in fighting that is gonna cost new Rangers money one way or another. There appears to be calls on the SFA to do something.... serious question though, what can they actually do if Rangers tell them everything is hunky dory?

Seems to me we just have to watch this train crash all over again. Hopefully this time they don't try and shoehorn the 3rd version straight back in. As BDO have said, we don't need them. In fact the OF is a hindrance to a prudent financial ethos in Scottish Football, not a help.

Simplistic journalism phraseology. Any office bearer forced to stand down from office is "disgraced". Bear fans will see him as the leaker of information from fortress Sevco - so another chance to use the word.

Remember the target audience of the rag.... simple is best. Which is scarily close to "Simply The Best".....coincidentally ;)

Like DISGRACED former chairman Walter Smith. Got it, thanks.

Adding my tuppenceworth. The image in question is a poignant and disturbing one which starkly illustrates the brutal and harsh reality that many of the worlds children are born into. It serves to remind us of how lucky we are to not have to face death by starvation and it should act as motivation for "obesity epidemic" Scotland.

It has no place on a football forum and this image of pain and suffering should NEVER be reduced to the level of a tool of mockery for any situation.

Please remove this image.

Just wanted to add my disgust at that photo, absolutely sick and should be removed.

Seems there is more legal in fighting that is gonna cost new Rangers money one way or another. There appears to be calls on the SFA to do something.... serious question though, what can they actually do if Rangers tell them everything is hunky dory?

Seems to me we just have to watch this train crash all over again. Hopefully this time they don't try and shoehorn the 3rd version straight back in. As BDO have said, we don't need them. In fact the OF is a hindrance to a prudent financial ethos in Scottish Football, not a help.

The events of the last 18-20 months clearly mark out the preferred paths that those with responsibility for our game in this country want to tread I'm afraid. SFA are both incapable and unwilling to wean themselves off the financial gravy-train that is the old-firm "rivalry".

TRIFC's inept attempts at getting themselves properly organised enough to resume that rivalry over a sensible period of time just means that they'll continue to over reach themselves in the desperate quest to make it (not GET BACK ) to the top league.

Maybe they're going for a world record of Administrations ;)

Edited by GreenockRover

Wisbit - that's a terrible image.

I don't think it's inkeeping with the taunting of football fans.

Kevin Carter - the photographer who captured this image ended up taking his life only a few months after it had been published and he'd won a Pulitzer prize. There are varying accounts regarding what happened to the child with some saying the bird was chased away and others stating Carter left on a plane just minutes after it was taken.