Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Operating losses of £14m – approx £1.15M a month

in June, they had £10.2M in the bank – so, today, 3 months later, we can take 3.45m off that.

That gives them £6.75M in the bank. That should see them through for another 6 months. – the end of March 2014

Unless they have another share issue, sale/leaseback or some other injection of cash – they won’t see out the season. They may time admin nicely for the end of the season and have close season to sort it all out.

but it looks like it will be the gift that keeps giving. Now, will Ally do enough to ensure they secure promotion even with the points deduction for admin?

Aberdeen fc bank debt £10,800,000

Rangers fc bank debt £0

Nearly £6m in loans owed to two major shareholders by Aberdeen Football Club will be converted.

The £3.7m due to chairman Stewart Milne and £2.25m owed to Aberdeen Asset Management will be turned into shares, cutting Dons' debt to £10.82m.

Some of the £5.75m is to be invested in development costs of a new stadium.

Over the past few years the major shareholders have invested substantially in the club with interest free loans now standing at £5.75m in aggregate," said chief executive Duncan Fraser in a statement on the club's website.

Hows the new staduim going btw?? oh wait!!!

Aberdeen have unveiled plans for a new £38million super stadium that will glow red in the dark. :P

Following widespread public consultation and engagement with the fans, Aberdeen Football Club has lodged a planning application for its new stadium at Loriston Loch

AFC chairman said that the decision had “effectively killed off” plans for a £38m 21,000-capacity stadium at Loirston Loch.

We want to deal in facts but there are serious challenges out there economically that the club needs to face up to. We cannot continue to reinvest in a stadium that is more than 100-years-old only to stand still

According to Neil Patey of Ernst and Young, if you strip out exceptional items, the present rate of spend will take us into next season. Obviously something will need to be done.....

This Neil Patey? :rolleyes:

Rangers backed to seal CVA deal by leading finance expert

A leading football finance expert predicted on Sunday night there was a ‘better than even chance’ of key creditors HMRC and Ticketus approving Charles Green’s CVA proposal.

The English businessman requires a minimum of 75 per cent of creditors - voting on a pound-per-vote basis - to back his plan, which is believed to offer as little as 9p in the pound.

Some 276 creditors, from small businesses owed a few hundred pounds to HMRC and Ticketus who are owed around £15million and £25m respectively, have the right to vote at Thursday’s meeting.

article-2157407-1341952A000005DC-799_468

Positive: The CVA deal could be viable

Given the spread of the £55m debt, however, both Ticketus and HMRC hold the balance of power as to the success or failure of the CVA.

And Neil Patey, of accountancy giants Ernst & Young, last night told Sportsmail he feels the key indicators point to the CVA proposal being carried and the club that was formed in 1872 continuing in its current form.

‘I was initially in the camp that said it was more likely than not that it (CVA) would be rejected by HMRC,’ he revealed. ‘To be honest, I’m now in the camp that thinks it’s more likely HMRC will vote it through.

‘I say that for two reasons: The way the options have been presented gives the creditors a very stark choice. It’s £8.5m gross for a CVA or £5.5m for a newco route. There’s a £3m incentive there which would probably rise to £4m by the time you take in liquidation costs.

‘They (HMRC) have been put in, let’s say, a difficult position by Duff & Phelps whereby if they want the better return, it’s going to be by a CVA.

‘In addition to that, there seems to be quite positive noises coming from Duff & Phelps and Charles Green.

‘I won’t count my chickens. There’s still a chance HMRC will reject this. But the noises and the structure of the deal lead me to believe there’s maybe a better than evens chance that HMRC will sign up to this. I feel Ticketus will be thinking along similar lines.’

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forgive me if I take his views with a large dose of Sodium Chloride.

You might, just might, be able to cling on till the end of the season, but what then? Time for you all to top up the spivs retirement fund again?

#leaseback

Edited by AberdeenBud

you tell him, Frankie baby!

still be only supports a pish club.

lucky you have had 2 pish clubs to support. Probably a third coming along in due course.

Tell you something Aberdeens bank debts are £10,800,000 bigger than that of Rangers right now!!!!

How is sell out saturday going????

Aberdeen Football Club is to close part of its ground from the start of next season.

Oh right :thumsup2

Edited by Frank de bear

I'm a huge supporter of McCoist, but his pay is ridiculous. Even allowing for his TUPE rights, that should have been sorted long, long ago.

TUPE? Surely he would only have TUPE rights if he was transferred to a different club? If the club continued then he just continues in employment, there is no transfer of undertaking.

Where do you get these figures from? You can't surely be taking an average from last years spend as they contain numerous one off costs that will not re-occur.

Back of my lunch box tbh. The Cash in hand also includes some of this season earnings as well. As i've said as a best case scenario you may be able to limp on till the end of the season.

AberdeenBud, Neil Patey is a partner at Ernst and Young (which is not to say he's infallible). What are your qualifications and status in the accountancy profession?

Rattled? :)

He said the CVA had a 'better than even chance of being accepted'. The man is a joke figure who's reputation as 'football finance expert' was destroyed during the death of rangers. HTH.

AberdeenBud, Neil Patey is a partner at Ernst and Young (which is not to say he's infallible). What are your qualifications and status in the accountancy profession?

All accounting advice on this board must first pass stress tests set by Hellish who, whilst a fully qualified a/c, only works part-time at it these days because his full time job as janny at the applepine takes up most of his time.

Poor Frankie is not taking it too well! :lol:

Have to say I've been impressed with Bendy's posts today, honesty, humility and a sense of humour, shame it's taken so long for him to show us this side.

Edited by AberdeenBud

Back of my lunch box tbh. The Cash in hand also includes some of this season earnings as well. As i've said as a best case scenario you may be able to limp on till the end of the season.

He said the CVA had a 'better than even chance of being accepted'. The man is a joke figure who's reputation as 'football finance expert' was destroyed during the death of rangers. HTH.

Eh? :D

Do I take it the answer to my question to you is "zero"?

yeah but, yeah but, yeah but............ Green and them were all lying and covering stuff up.

There's no way the current people in charge are telling lie.............................. oh, f**k.

Broken promises and a threat of winding up. First sighting of additional Pinsent Investigation into payments. http://www.scribd.com/doc/172434771/Broken-Promises

Charlotte Fakeovers@CharlotteFakes

What the accounts don't tell you #1 Subscriber receiving refund of £0.30 per share. £300k in total. http://www.scribd.com/doc/172464409/Refunds

Charlotte Fakeovers@CharlotteFakes

Sneaking though a change of nomad after Strand jumps ship. Here's some earlier thoughts. http://www.scribd.com/doc/172380378/Nomads-1 http://www.scribd.com/doc/172380995/Nomads-2

Could that be more 'one-off' costs on the horizon?