Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So trying to remain positive, whilst all these twats are doing their 'laughing and pointing' routine is nonsense. How so? I have no doubt at all, that Rangers will be back at the pinnacle of Scottish football, sooner rather than later and will be signing players of international standing both at home and abroad. We will be back in the CL and will attract top players. Are you seriously suggesting once back in top division, we should settle for top six finishes for a few seasons? That will never be allowed to happen. Maybe we will have to settle for second on the first season or two while we settle in but that'd be about it. Rangers will always attract big money, both investment and sponsorship. You're just punch drunk mate.

So trying to remain positive, whilst all these twats are doing their 'laughing and pointing' routine is nonsense. How so? I have no doubt at all, that Rangers will be back at the pinnacle of Scottish football, sooner rather than later and will be signing players of international standing both at home and abroad. We will be back in the CL and will attract top players. Are you seriously suggesting once back in top division, we should settle for top six finishes for a few seasons? That will never be allowed to happen. Maybe we will have to settle for second on the first season or two while we settle in but that'd be about it. Rangers will always attract big money, both investment and sponsorship. You're just punch drunk mate.

You're gonna fit in round here! :P

Good stuff. You shouldn't allow that to happen, demand a huge player budget, get a few more consultants on board and use Brewsters millions as your clumpany business plan. You deserve better after all. Spend, spend spend!

Edited by williemillersmoustache

I'm pointing out the facts re; the club at this point in time and in the future. If you seriously think that Rangers will attract top level players to the club again then you're very deluded. Let me ask you, what level of player do you think we'll attract to Ibrox in seasons to come, CL or not. Forget about players of the calibre of Laudrup, Numan, Van Bronkhorst, etc playing in Scottish football again, it won't happen the amount of cash players of this calibre would command at this present time is unsustainable at Rangers. So when you're ready let me know the level of player you expect to see at Ibrox when the club is back in the top division.

Dave King has stated that if he does invest again he'll work with the board that's in place at the time of investment and that he will ensure that any outgoing will be operated from the income of the club.  Certainly he may well invest but forget about any top international signings from countries such as Holland, those days are gone.  Your second sentence is absolute nonsense, which tells me that you're as much a bluenose as I am a Celtic fan. 

Dave King will only invest if / when there is another insolvency event. He simply doesn't have the wealth nor probably the inclination to put his hand in his pocket to reward the institutional investors. There is also no chance of any new share issue without the guarantee of no share price dilution to the existing institution investors. No one with the type of cash required to plug the current gaping financial gash would have any thoughts of investing in the current set-up as there are no signs of green shoots anywhere to be seen. Another administration or massive financial cuts and a whole new financial model are the only 2 options even in the medium term. It's a sorry mess that was wholly avoidable but the big club mentality from the deluded fan base right up to the ring masters like Green meant the new ship was launched on a ludicrous wage structure for the level they were playing at and it has never been addressed. A wage bill 60 times your nearest competitor WTF !!!

Dave King has said he'll invest big and help board raise further investment. I'm just being positive. Are you suggesting he was bullshitting. The fast buck investors will sell off soon enough and The Rangers will be run by fans with mega money. this is how it should be and how it will be.

Dave king is banned from any directorship in Scottish football for 10 years. Of course he can still play Dermot Desmond style role.

Dave King has stated that if he does invest again he'll work with the board that's in place at the time of investment and that he will ensure that any outgoing will be operated from the income of the club. Certainly he may well invest but forget about any top international signings from countries such as Holland, those days are gone. Your second sentence is absolute nonsense, which tells me that you're as much a bluenose as I am a Celtic fan.

The Rangers (or whatever form it happens to be) isn't an investment. Even if you had a selfless director who deeply cared about the running of The Rangers and wanted to live within it's means. They would struggle due to the £15m fixed costs they have to overcome, and these costs are likely to be going up faster than inflation over the next decade or so. However, if they try to cut budgets fans will start turning away, as they see their team struggle to beat the likes of St Mirren at home and get thumped away by the likes of St Johnstone the following week. So it's catch 22.

The days of the late 90's, early 00's are never coming back. You won't be playing in the CL for a long time to come. Making strong title challenges 2 or 3 season back won't happen. I suspect over the course of 2-5 seasons they'll be a lot of throwing toys out of the pram. When your romanticized vision of comeback crumbles to dust , but realization will settle in eventually.

Edited by Fotbawmad

Rangers will attract and sign a better quality of player to that that would be available to any other club in Scotland and that will do for the next ten years or so, then who knows what will be happening re TV monies to the bigger leagues, the formats for Euro comps etc. It will be enough that we will once again dominate domestically and be Scotland's rep in CL more often than not. It's inevitable and the 'laughing and pointing' crew better get themselves prepared for it, for as sure as night follows day, the tables will be turned. WATP! :bounce3:bounce3

Rangers will attract and sign a better quality of player to that that would be available to any other club in Scotland and that will do for the next ten years or so, then who knows what will be happening re TV monies to the bigger leagues, the formats for Euro comps etc. It will be enough that we will once again dominate domestically and be Scotland's rep in CL more often than not. It's inevitable and the 'laughing and pointing' crew better get themselves prepared for it, for as sure as night follows day, the tables will be turned. WATP! :bounce3:bounce3

Your team has a historic mentality of buying players they don't like playing against, but even you're green and white brethren is struggling to obtain the best of the rest. As the likes of Gauld, Souttar and May would rather wait for their big move to England. The Rangers may attract better foreigners than other teams in the league, but the OF is no longer the attraction to domestic players it once was.

Edited by Fotbawmad

Your team has a historic mentality of buying players they don't like playing against, but even you're green and white brethren is struggling to obtain the best of the rest. As the likes of Gauld, Souttar and May would rather wait for their big move to England. The Rangers may attract better foreigners than other teams in the league, but the OF is no longer the attraction to domestic players it once was.

Law, Black, Templeton, Shiels, Bell....

sad but true

Edited by Apache Don

I've asked you what level of player you're expecting the club to sign, stating a better quality player than the rest of Scottish football isn't an answer to the question.

I've asked you what level of player you're expecting the club to sign, stating a better quality player than the rest of Scottish football isn't an answer to the question.

true, it's the ideal for most teams but it seems to be a demand from certain fans, the glory hunting element. who demand to win everything 5-0 . It's the real fans who just want their team there to be supported that I feel sorry for. sadly at ibrox, they are vastly outnumbered by the element who cannot see a bigger picture than the here and now, it's these 'plastics' that are killing rangers.

Again ?

*snigger*

Not expecting Robin Van Persie to show up any time soon, if that's what you mean. I do believe we will continue to sign the best of Scottish and should be able to pick up guys on the brink of honours for major countries like Holland, as Celtic have done with Van Dijik. They've also managed to get full Swedish & Norwegian caps. Anything they can do, surely. Players who are not going to go straight to a top half EPL club but may get to that level. FFS I'm not suggesting we win the CL.

Anyway, it's a school night. Toodle pip.

Edited by dasodaha

true, it's the ideal for most teams but it seems to be a demand from certain fans, the glory hunting element. who demand to win everything 5-0 . It's the real fans who just want their team there to be supported that I feel sorry for. sadly at ibrox, they are vastly outnumbered by the element who cannot see a bigger picture than the here and now, it's these 'plastics' that are killing rangers.

The real fans? Who exactly are they again? I know there's an ever-expanding list of groups who aren't representative of these mythical creatures, but I'll eat one of our labrador's mega-turds if any sizeable group of them were banding together to put pressure on to save all that money for when it was absolutely necessary. It was all about getting "back" to the top flight asap to stick it up the "enemies of the club".

Nobody* expected the money to disappear so quickly, with nothing but some nice houses/chateaux and a few lawyers' Mercedes to show for it. Oh, sorry, and the fourth-tier title. It appears to an outsider that very little thought was given to making the new club in any way sustainable - in fairness to Charlie and a few others, it wasn't part of their plan from the start.

Only at the back end of the year did someone at the club actually point out that they couldn't spend like this on Premiership income, let alone where they are now - at least eighteen months away from even getting into the top flight, let alone doing anything once they're there. The "journey" is already beginning to pall for some of their fans - even on here - as they realise that they are, in effect watching a novelty act, a la Gretna or Rushden & Diamonds.

Quite a few pennies are dropping amongst the P&B sleuth, but as long as there are rockets like this dasodaha muppet being allowed access to the Net, we can continue the chucklefest.

From the outside, their antics and carrying on are, certainly amongst the fans I speak to, being treated with a large dose of schadenfreude, but I almost feel sorry for fans of the old club trying to adjust to their straitened circumstances.

Almost. ;)

*Except for those pesky Internet Bampots, of course - but what do they know? :lol:

Not expecting Robin Van Persie to show up any time soon, if that's what you mean. I do believe we will continue to sign the best of Scottish and should be able to pick up guys on the brink of honours for major countries like Holland, as Celtic have done with Van Dijik. They've also managed to get full Swedish & Norwegian caps. Anything they can do, surely. Players who are not going to go straight to a top half EPL club but may get to that level. FFS I'm not suggesting we win the CL.

Aye, because the National team might as well play their home games at ibrox. Have you just woken up from a coma?

When you've woken up, smell the coffee ffs :1eye .

That sounds like a decent plan, actually.

Maybe for every £5 your nearest rival pays you could pay £10 to ensure you "dominate domestically".

Maybe you could even come up with some creative "tax efficient" ways of paying your players, meaning you (er..."don't") obtain a competitive advantage by being able to attract better footballers by offering higher net wages than the other clubs who pay their fair share of social tax.

What could possibly go wrong with such a stellar plan?

Oh....wait a minute... :blink:

Edited by mike rankine