Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Been a while since I've posted on this thread.

For me, I reckon The Rangers will make it to the end of the season. Then, they'll mortgage themselves based on next season's TV money to get through half their season in the Championship.

where they'll come unstuck is the belief they'll walk the championship. They will not. When the first doubts that they're not heading straight back to the SPFL come in, then Admin II. My guess.....this time next year

That timeline is a good shout. Some of the tweets I saw last night had bears offering to pay their season tickets for next year now. Highly commendable if this was 2 years ago and it was the creditors they were worrying about , but witheringly, enormously and catastrophically fucking stupid now.

As far as the Championship goes, the bears are in for an awfully big surprise next year, assuming they actually make it. Not to knock League 1, but there are proper, professional outfits up there.

Nice to see nice No.8 here again, it does make you wonder why you don't just give it up mate. It's not your fault you backed the wrong horse when you (as a child I assume) decided to support oldrangers. But it is your fault to continue to do so. Go on, walk away, you know it is the right thing to do. You owe that club/company nothing and it is just going to hurt you more if you keep associating yourself with it. Go on slope of to the Smurn, they need fans and you will only be put through this level of anxiety and depression through events on the field. Which, by the way, is the life of every Scottish football fan.

That goes for all you diaspora buns. Go see ICT, get involved and try and rescue Kilmarnock or continue to be a glory hunter and go see the Famous :). Get over this mis-spent part of your life, ditch this evil catastra-f**k before it takes anymore out of your soul, your life or your bank account. You do deserve better, it's like watching puppies being kicked at the moment. Stupid, arrogant, ugly little puppies I'll grant you.

Could a Rangers fan explain why the supporters didn't try to pool their resources and buy the old club's assets? It would have cost £25-40 pfim (per fan in Manchester ). Also are there any moves to attempt it in the future, since they all seem to agree the board / major shareholders are mainly chancers or incompetent? Just interested (lol)

Who the hell are you, and why are you posting on No.8's account? ;)

ETA: In all fairness, No.8, this latest halfwit isn't any more detached from reality than some posters (from all sides) back in Feb 2012. The difference is, he appears to have been stranded on a desert island (or in Driffield) or in a coma for the last couple of years. Strange that he apparently sells papers - he just doesn't read them. :lol:

Don't mind a bit of banter but the personal insult from someone who doesn't know me, shows you up a bit. How would you feel if I told you my wee brother was a halfwit? he's not btw but you would feel bad wouldn't you? You need to be careful about these things. Anyway, I don't sell papers. I used to sell papers, as I said around Ibrox but many years ago.

Back on topic. Detached how? I've read some of your stuff and you have often claimed that the football authorities in Scotland will do anything to keep Rangers on track for as quick a return to the top as possible. This is something I agree with you on and I also agree that it is right and correct that this should be the case.

We will cut costs but not to the extent that it would hinder the progress through the leagues. I'm not worried because, at this time, there is no reason to be worried. McCoist is certainly a liability as team manager but a change of backroom staff with McCoist taken off team duties, will solve this and that is what I expect to happen. This failing and we really do look like being delayed, there will be a meeting of all relevant parties ;) and a 'solution' found. I know it, you know it, everyone fkg knows it. :)

Could a Rangers fan explain why the supporters didn't try to pool their resources and buy the old club's assets? It would have cost £25-40 pfim (per fan in Manchester ). Also are there any moves to attempt it in the future, since they all seem to agree the board / major shareholders are mainly chancers or incompetent? Just interested (lol)

Apart from owing HMRC a 'reported' £150m, D&P were only going to sell to one group....

Surely the Blue Knights will save the day this time. Any moment - Paul Murray will re-appear with some suited and booted backers, and will announce that Sir Walter of Cardigan is back in the frame for a high-profile role in the new Sevco set-up.

Two weeks max'. Press conference in a Glasgow hotel. Paul Murray and pals. Certainty.

Aye and another photocall for Dave King at the airport with his big travel bag. :lol: Any day now.

Back on topic. Detached how? I've read some of your stuff and you have often claimed that the football authorities in Scotland will do anything to keep Rangers on track for as quick a return to the top as possible. This is something I agree with you on and I also agree that it is right and correct that this should be the case.

Why do you think it's correct that one club should be given preference over the others?

(if you are just being a cvnt, fair enough, don't bother replying.)

I know it's not happened yet, but has any club in Scotland went into Administration whilst in the 3rd teir of the game? Could The Rangers be about to set a new record? How does that compare to England? Is that Luton Town/Portsmouth levels of disaster?

Surely the Blue Knights will save the day this time. Any moment - Paul Murray will re-appear with some suited and booted backers, and will announce that Sir Walter of Cardigan is back in the frame for a high-profile role in the new Sevco set-up.

Two weeks max'. Press conference in a Glasgow hotel. Paul Murray and pals. Certainty.

That will happen after the fans are, once again, asked to keep their club/business going. As soon as the suits arrive it's f*ck the fans, let's have silly wages.

You would think that would have been the sensible route. They have enough fans to at least explore that option.

That is the most important question

Not really. Here's the important questions....

1. What is the meaning of life?

2. Who really shot JFK?

3. Why did the New England Patriots sign Tim Tebow?

4. Why are the Sevco such stupid cnuts?

I think I have therefore proved beyond all reasonable doubt that Bomber seeing the deeds isn't that important in the grand scheme of things.

I suppose it would help if the people who controlled the assets required to create a football club, or their representatives, were willing to sell.

All I've seen over the past year or two is fans putting their hands in their pockets while suits, some of whom are responsible for killing oldco, come out with honeyed words of assurance or squabble like kids over that highly lucrative piece of ass that is the Rangers brand.

It's obviously someone at it, best ignored.

Bit unfair. I'm only calling it as I see it. I've had a good read back and it doesn't appear unusual for relative newcomers to get stick and have their credentials questioned but you more than most, seem to dismiss every new kid as being some sort of impostor or alias of a banned poster. Is it some sort of P&B initiation? or are you all just so precious of your wee clique?

I heard this was a fun board but this forum seems full of all sorts of the bitter and twisted. I'm a Rangers fan who believes we will survive our current problems and rise to the top again. I attend as many games as I can and will continue to do so, even if the team was full of kids and we lost the odd game. No one can deny Rangers belong at the top level of our game, our fan base is massive, so it is inevitable. The others are having their bit of fun at our expense now but even they know that's not going to last, no matter how much they try to cling on to anything that looks like it will prolong it. Lighten up and remember who we are. :)

Why do you think it's correct that one club should be given preference over the others?

(if you are just being a cvnt, fair enough, don't bother replying.)

Without Rangers, the top league of Scotland will only ever be one by one club and often by a considerable margin. How long before that scenario totally destroys Scottish football? Ok, a two horse race may not be ideal and fears of Armageddon so far seem unfounded but you seriously can't believe Scottish football will flourish without a strong Rangers at the forefront.