Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

givin enough time celtics power and influence will dwindle. each year goes by they wont be able to atract the players for the scottish league, they wont get into the champions league every year and their crowds will tail off probably to the levels seen in the early 90s. so then what? if another team is to win the league ( which presumable will happen eventualy) they dont have to beat celtic all 4 games, they just need to be consistent enough to win most of their other games. the only thing holding them all back atm is that they (the other 11) cant keep a good team together for more than a season without selling.

Without Rangers, the top league of Scotland will only ever be one by one club and often by a considerable margin. How long before that scenario totally destroys Scottish football? Ok, a two horse race may not be ideal and fears of Armageddon so far seem unfounded but you seriously can't believe Scottish football will flourish without a strong Rangers at the forefront.

Right enough, it makes a HUGE difference to us diddies who wins the two horse race.

Without Rangers, the top league of Scotland will only ever be one by one club and often by a considerable margin. How long before that scenario totally destroys Scottish football? Ok, a two horse race may not be ideal and fears of Armageddon so far seem unfounded but you seriously can't believe Scottish football will flourish without a strong Rangers at the forefront.

66qtu.jpg

And this 'strong' club needs to be aided by the authorities in order to dominate? Are YOU serious? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but you are shaping up to be a bit of a tit.

And yes, I do believe Scottish football will do fine without The New Rangers. Football is far too popular in Scotland to cease to exist just because one club is no longer there.

Bit unfair. I'm only calling it as I see it. I've had a good read back and it doesn't appear unusual for relative newcomers to get stick and have their credentials questioned but you more than most, seem to dismiss every new kid as being some sort of impostor or alias of a banned poster. Is it some sort of P&B initiation? or are you all just so precious of your wee clique?

I heard this was a fun board but this forum seems full of all sorts of the bitter and twisted. I'm a Rangers fan who believes we will survive our current problems and rise to the top again. I attend as many games as I can and will continue to do so, even if the team was full of kids and we lost the odd game. No one can deny Rangers belong at the top level of our game, our fan base is massive, so it is inevitable. The others are having their bit of fun at our expense now but even they know that's not going to last, no matter how much they try to cling on to anything that looks like it will prolong it. Lighten up and remember who we are. :)

Wait... you'd still attend Ibrox even if Rangers lost the odd game?

Wow. You must be some kind of Superfan.

Dave King, Rangers man. Apache Don, frustrated Rangers man.

:lol::lol: Aye that's right, we all have to be, either that or a Celtic man eh?

My point was, that these so called Rangers men haven't really shown it much, have they? Blue Knight cavalry bugle in the distance is it.

Brian Kennedy :lol::lol::lol: ''I'll keep monitoring the situation and if it appears to be going wrong, I'll step in.'' :shutup

Right enough, it makes a HUGE difference to us diddies who wins the two horse race.

Indeed. Prior to implosion, the oldco Rangers were simply part of a two-club cartel who were disproportionally large and powerful compared to the rest of us diddies. For a quarter-of-a-century, only oldco or Celtic won the league, and they were only split for a perpetual one-two finish on exceedingly rare occasions. Being so large and powerful meant that any meaningful challenge from another Scottish club was almost impossible, as the conveyor belt of talented players from other clubs to the 'Old Firm' proved. Most notably at times the amount of Hibs players who buggered off to the gruesome twosome. Can't blame the players, Scott Brown for example has now picked up a hefty wedge from Celtic for many years and has made a right good living for himself from the game.

Being a two-club cartel suited the oldco and Celtic down to a tee. With vastly superior resources and players, they won most games against diddies, and when we had two Champions League spots, those spots were theirs just about every season. Very cosy, very cushty, very profitable - enabling them to increase the gulf between the two of them and the rest to the width of the Atlantic Ocean.

Now, with Celtic acting alone, they don't have the luxury of the oldco (for example) pumping Aberdeen or Dundee United the same weekend they were pumping Hearts or Hibs. It has been proven since oldco's demise, that clubs like ICT, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Dundee United can go on good runs, get closer to Celtic, and Celtic have to work for their titles and do it alone. Last season the title race wasn't decided by Christmas as many predicted, and it wasn't a walkover. Many teams went to Celtic Park and got good results. Sure, they are likely to win out at the end of the day, they are still a massive fish in the pond, and can afford players like Ledley & Co that us diddies cannot afford - but the longer they are without their partners in crime, riding shotgun for each other, the greater the chances are of an Aberdeen, Motherwell, or Hibs / Dundee United getting closer to them.

It certainly helps when genuine talent like the kids at Dundee United are now only automatically linked with ONE big Scottish club willing to pay them 20k a week or whatever, to two big clubs looking to hoover up our talent. Kids are likely to stay with diddy clubs a bit longer, and if they're the real deal, could get a move to England and big wages - which also means us diddy fans not having to watch so many former idols turn out in blue or green to shaft us, and perpetuate the cycle of one-two finishes for the 'Old Firm' ad inifinitum.

If the Sevco won't die properly, the next best thing is for them to remain inept, shite, crippled by their own gross mis-management and stupidity.

We don't want the Sevco back to where they were in a prior guise. We don't need them. My club needs Partick, Kilmarnock and (they can do it!) Morton to come up to the top flight to generate local rivalry and good gates. The Arabs need Dundee back, and a strong and well-followed Aberdeen. Falkirk would be a good addition - another well supported team in a good stadium in an easy-to-get-to town. So it goes on... St Johnstone would benefit from both Tayside clubs and Aberdeen calling. Maybe Falkirk and Dunfermline in the top flight one day to have another rivalry?

In short - fcuk off Sevco. You're not required.

Edited by pozbaird

Indeed. Prior to implosion, the oldco Rangers were simply part of a two-club cartel who were disproportionally large and powerful compared to the rest of us diddies. For a quarter-of-a-century, only oldco or Celtic won the league, and they were only split for a perpetual one-two finish on exceedingly rare occasions. Being so large and powerful meant that any meaningful challenge from another Scottish club was almost impossible, as the conveyor belt of talented players from other clubs to the 'Old Firm' proved. Most notably at times the amount of Hibs players who buggered off to the gruesome twosome. Can't blame the players, Scott Brown for example has now picked up a hefty wedge from Celtic for many years and has made a right good living for himself from the game.

Being a two-club cartel suited the oldco and Celtic down to a tee. With vastly superior resources and players, they won most games against diddies, and when we had two Champions League spots, those spots were theirs just about every season. Very cosy, very cushty, very profitable - enabling them to increase the gulf between the two of them and the rest to the width of the Atlantic Ocean.

Now, with Celtic acting alone, they don't have the luxury of the oldco (for example) pumping Aberdeen or Dundee United the same weekend they were pumping Hearts or Hibs. It has been proven since oldco's demise, that clubs like ICT, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Dundee United can go on good runs, get closer to Celtic, and Celtic have to work for their titles and do it alone. Last season the title race wasn't decided by Christmas as many predicted, and it wasn't a walkover. Many teams went to Celtic Park and got good results. Sure, they are likely to win out at the end of the day, they are still a massive fish in the pond, and can afford players like Ledley & Co that us diddies cannot afford - but the longer they are without their partners in crime, riding shotgun for each other, the greater the chances are of an Aberdeen, Motherwell, or Hibs / Dundee United getting closer to them.

It certainly helps when genuine talent like the kids at Dundee United are now only automatically linked with ONE big Scottish club willing to pay them 20k a week or whatever, to two big clubs looking to hoover up our talent. Kids are likely to stay with diddy clubs a bit longer, and if they're the real deal, could get a move to England and big wages - which also means us diddy fans not having to watch so many former idols turn out in blue or green to shaft us, and perpetuate the cycle of one-two finishes for the 'Old Firm' ad inifinitum.

If the Sevco won't die properly, the next best thing is for them to remain inept, shite, crippled by their own gross mis-management and stupidity.

We don't want the Sevco back to where they were in a prior guise. We don't need them. My club needs Partick, Kilmarnock and (they can do it!) Morton to come up to the top flight to generate local rivalry and good gates. The Arabs need Dundee back, and a strong and well-followed Aberdeen. Falkirk would be a good addition - another well supported team in a good stadium in an easy-to-get-to town. So it goes on... St Johnstone would benefit from both Tayside clubs and Aberdeen calling. Maybe Falkirk and Dunfermline in the top flight one day to have another rivalry?

Aye this pretty much, although a lot of our good young uns are disappearing to English lower championship and League 1 clubs now, which doesn't do them (except in pay packet) or the national side much good. :(

:lol::lol: Aye that's right, we all have to be, either that or a Celtic man eh?

My point was, that these so called Rangers men haven't really shown it much, have they? Blue Knight cavalry bugle in the distance is it.

Brian Kennedy :lol::lol::lol: ''I'll keep monitoring the situation and if it appears to be going wrong, I'll step in.'' :shutup

As far as I'm aware Brian Kennedy is a Hibs supporter. Dave King invested heavily over the years, that can't be denied, Paul Murray, haven't much time for, all mouth no substance.

I've got a feeling that there will not be an admin event this season. Think about it. There is still a stack of cash to be re-routed from the fans pockets to the spivs. The season ticket money is going to be available soon. I'm guessing a high interest, short-term loan will be found to tide them over. Only a cynic would suggest a board member or associate of theirs will provide that loan...

you seriously can't believe Scottish football will flourish without a strong Rangers at the forefront.

is that the same flourishing scottish football that was holding back rangers from being a world superpower ? that they were asking all off europe if they

could join their league

Bravo.

It would be nice if their business partners went the same way. Unfortunately they actually have people at the helm who know their arse from their elbow.

More's the pity.

KGpAhBP.jpg

Some of us had an early start today. I missed it and having had a look back, I can't believe the pages of absolute fk all about anything. If I had been on I'd have had a good laugh at all your slobbering pish.

ETA Highlight especially for you teach. :)

Once again for the dimmest of dim, Rangers FC are in no danger of collapse - on or off field - We are coming back to reclaim our rightful place at the top of your inadequate wee league and nothing will stop us. Live with it.

Aye sure they are :lol: , an echo from November 2011 wee man and how did that pan out again ?. :rolleyes: