Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Hold on - the wee Hibs investors paid off a bank loan last week and it was fabulous news.

Rangers investors do it and it's 'a dubious last minute loan'?

Desperate, fantasy stuff over recent months from the plastics and diddies - I can well understand your pain at this most recent failure of your mystic meg wishes.

It's a cracking news day - not as good as the title stripping outcome I know - but decent enough.

No, you are quite right, it is indeed fabulous news. Roll on next season. ;)

It was a marginal decision. I chose the latter for poetic effect. This does't excuse you from trying to divert a decent discussion to the same old tropes.

You like poetry?

Sound.

''In twenty twelve , Rangers died

flies still hover o'er the turd,

another 'event' doth beckon,

It'll soon be Rangers the Third''

Edited by phasma ex machina

I am gutted that I missed the shenanigans over on the wee thread:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/203928-the-most-embarrassing-thing-to-happen-in-scottish-football/

I read through the last few pages and no wonder it was locked. However, I did manage to amass an impressive collection of:

Spat dummies

Toys chucked fae prams

Handbags

I am willing to offer them back to the original owners at a fair price or I can put them on E-bay. Any offer considered!

Did you find my well observed comment satchel? It's quite frayed around edges and has a 'Yes Scotland' sticker on it.

This does't excuse you from trying to divert a decent discussion to the same old tropes.

Let's be clear about this, I have nothing that is remotely intelligent, nor constructive to contribute to this discussion.

I require no excuse for exercising my entitlement to indulge in fatuous posting, however. When the subject matter demands loftier discourse, I will endeavour to oblige.

You like poetry?

Sound.

''In twenty twelve , Rangers died

flies still hover o'er the turd,

another 'event' doth beckon,

It'll soon be Rangers the Third''

If any Bun upon The Bralt your rhyme they would discredit;

This one thing I would say to him: the fanny had to edit!

Did you find my well observed comment satchel? It's quite frayed around edges and has a 'Yes Scotland' sticker on it.

Was yours the school-bag containing a desiccated Buttery with a note tied round it saying:

"It's ladies night at the ludge, Here's yer tea. Take yerself tae bed and don't worry the livestock"?

Our problem is that we pay more for the non-playing staff than we do for the blokes who actually kick a ball.

What's the non playing wage and how is it broken down?

Directors

Office

Team management

Etc

Incidentally you can't dismiss the player wage budget as acceptable.

What I would say is the players you have on that wage budget, is not acceptable. Those players should not be getting the wages they are receiving!

Incidentally you can't dismiss the player wage budget as acceptable.

Aye I can and I did. Our 'playing wage' is around 30% of t/o.

BTW I am feeling like that tall, skinny burd at a party that nae c**t wants to lumber. So many posts and so few replies. I'll just dance round my handbag and let you c***s get on with it.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Fuxace. 43 viewers on The Big Thread at half 9 on a Thursday. You'd have thought something happened today!

I'll give my take:

We all know we're skint

Nae Bear thinks getting £1.5M in cash in exchange for 'future shares' is a good idea

Nae Bear welcomes this situation

The regular jibe of "Whit? £6 Million in wages to play plumbers and joiners in the seaside league" is a lot of shite. Our problem is that we pay more for the non-playing staff than we do for the blokes who actually kick a ball. I suspect this is another record in world football for us but not one we welcome.

I really do not know how we move forward. The fan-ownership model sounds attractive but is difficult to implement for us seeing as nae c**t can agree on anything.

The best I can hope for is we pay the wages to the end of the season and start 2014/2015 on a strict budget with no pay-outs to spivs and chancers.

What a lovely story. Hmm "the fan ownership model sounds attractive" Does it now? Well that's a shame as if I remember correctly.....

mrcat I'll make a stab at this but I am not The Oracle.

For me we seem to have 2 major factions:

1. some recidivists who want a sugar-daddy and huge war-chests and to shoot for the stars (we like stars at Ibrox)

2. Most who want the Mr Micawber approach to our finances. You're a whistle so I know you've read books ;)

Above all what we hope for is transparency, honesty and living within our means.

However, there are a good-few Bears on here who go to Ibrox and to away games on a weekly basis who can give you a better insight.

Species No.2 did hee-haw when it might have mattered. Because...

a) they didn't exist or

b) they sat on their hands or

c) The smattering of orcs with species No.2 DNA were down in the gutter screaming "sink us or we'll sink you" like the rest of them

The spivs are well entrenched, the money has all gone.

I feel for you, it must be fun to talk of prudent budgets, banning pay-outs and fan ownership. But it is a fantasy and it a fantasy that species No.1 (of 1) doesn't buy.

Must be pretty galling watching Hearts right now and Dunfermiline. Well hindsight is 20:20 i suppose.

That being said I can fully imagine a situation next season that a well run, solvent and competitive Hearts are denied promotion by similarly competitive TheRangers whose finances are still being run like a pissed hoor driving a lorry in stiletto's

BTW I am feeling like that tall, skinny burd at a party that nae c**t wants to lumber. So many posts and so few replies. I'll just dance round my handbag and let you c***s get on with it.

Like feck it is around 30% of turnover, last years total wage payout plus bonuses to the players amounted to what again ?. Bearing in mind the actual projected figure for last season was being touted around £5 million at the season start. So the wages rose by over 50% of what was originally thought and stood at over 40% of turn over.

This season is more than likely to exceed well over 40% with the players press released wage budget of £10 million (Chucky said last Xmas Ally had £10 million to spend) for the season depending on the clubs actual generated income. In fact I wouldn't actually be surprised if it stood over 50% of turn over with the squad size and suspected wages & bonuses they are on.

Do you not want to discuss the non playing wage structure?

I feel for you, it must be fun to talk of prudent budgets, banning pay-outs and fan ownership. But it is a fantasy and it a fantasy that species No.1 (of 1) doesn't buy.

Must be pretty galling watching Hearts right now and Dunfermiline. Well hindsight is 20:20 i suppose.

That being said I can fully imagine a situation next season that a well run, solvent and competitive Hearts are denied promotion by similarly competitive TheRangers whose finances are still being run like a pissed hoor driving a lorry in stiletto's

Willie, thanks for coming out to play. You said before we seldom agree and this confirms it. I am chuffed that Hertz and The PARS are on an even keel. Nae schadenfreude here,

Where I disagree with you is where you said:

"whose finances are still being run like a pissed hoor driving a lorry in stiletto's"

1. The name of the shoe doesn't need an apostrophe.

2. Is it different in Aberdeen? Do lorries wear stilettos?

I look forward to being enlightened.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Aye but its way past yer bed time. Did you use your Actimel tonight?

What's yer maw got for tomorrow's lunch box? Wholemeal Ramen noodles and snow-peas braised in mushroom jus?

You using stereotypes? Let's not go down that road, rangers fan stereotypes aren't the nicest.

You using stereotypes? Let's not go down that road, rangers fan stereotypes aren't the nicest.

Your right Dave !, some twat might get a mod onto the thread and then a warning issued to them for being phobic or suffer from a kind of phobia.

edut fur granma

Edited by hellbhoy