Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ah, the halcyon days when SevcoRangers were still under the benevolent eye of "twa-sarks".

A hundred million quid you say, no problem for SuperSevco! What with the not onerous at all contracts we're signing up to, and all!

http://tinyurl.com/qxbd2mo

I particularly enjoyed the bit at the end of the article you linked to

"Mr Stockbridge is adamant the club does not need to be playing in the top flight to be profitable.

He admits to being "horrified" at some commercial contracts into which the club had previously been tied, but is delighted with where it now stands".

Not sure exactly, the success of any such scheme would depend entirely on the appointment of genuine neutral administrators and I think the chance of this is fairly low, as long as those behind the likes of BPH feel there is money to be made off the loyalty of Rangers fans they are firmly got us by the balls, the fans only chance is to keep withholding the money.

I can say one thing, any Rangers fan that believes that admin is not an assurity is FUCKING INSANE.

EFA

Do you think Ed Ware, CEO of 32Red would like to go back a few weeks and re-think his sponsorship of RIFC since he believed them to be "on the comeback trail" and "This is not a punt, it is an educated investment"?

Would genuinely love to hear his take on today's news.

Not sure exactly, the success of any such scheme would depend entirely on the appointment of genuine neutral administrators and I think the chance of this is fairly low, as long as those behind the likes of BPH feel there is money to be made off the loyalty of Rangers fans they are firmly got us by the balls, the fans only chance is to keep withholding the money.

I can say one thing, any Rangers fan that believes that admin is not an assurity is delusional.

I agree that you need a neutral Administration & the spivs see you as some sort of cash cow.........if there is a neutral Administration the key is finding someone that the fans trust. We Hearts fans have also taken a "leap of faith" with Ann Budge but it does help that she is a genuine supporter of the Club I suppose.

Out of interest.....How do you see the Administration panning out Tedi?

Latest from Sevco Media:

Posted Today, 01:51 PM

I've heard that Nerlinger has been contacted although no info yet on in what capacity.

A new saviour awaits? :lol:

If there are redundancies and McCoist isn't on the list I'll be shocked delighted.

I agree that you need a neutral Administration & the spivs see you as some sort of cash cow.........if there is a neutral Administration the key is finding someone that the fans trust. We Hearts fans have also taken a "leap of faith" with Ann Budge but it does help that she is a genuine supporter of the Club I suppose.

Out of interest.....How do you see the Administration panning out Tedi?

I can't speak for Tedi.

But let me be the first to say, that I'm not sure there will be an 'admin'.

I do think the assets will be moved to protect them, but I can also see a sale of the football business as a going concern.

However, should that fail, then admin could be used as a vehicle for terminating onerous contracts (with players and others if need be). Then selling in a Coventry Shytty style arrangement where the Football business rents from the Stadium owner.

However, even then, I don't think SevcoRangersII will necessarily be fleeced under this arrangement. The rentals could be long term and quite reasonable (of course I'm hoping that wouldn't be the case).

Yours

aDONis

There are so many 'ifs' and 'how the hell does that work'

Ideally the assets all stay where they are and neutral administrators are appointed, from that point it will need someone like DK to front the cash and then it all comes down to what the creditors will accept, unfortunately even this is not clear, the Ltd company owes the PLC £16M? but I am not sure how this even works as the PLC also owns Ltd Company, the PLC would surely be the one that goes into admin and this £16M is not actually real. :wacko:

Ah fuk it, we are screwed.

In all honesty, I think the SevcoRangers directors have a tricky job here. They can't simply transfer the assets then put the subsidiary into admin because transferring assets but leaving the debt can be seen as fraud.

What might save them is if the only unsatisfied creditors were to be the parent company (the inter co debt).

I'm still not sure if that leaves them on shaky ground when trying to break onerous and player contracts (I would think it does). Which is hence why timing may be an issue, and may be why Graham Wallace is saying that he is more confident now that admin can be avoided than he was at the AGM??

I still think, stripping the assets and selling SevcoRangers FC Ltd (the subsidiary) for a peppercorn is a distinct possibility.

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

but what if graham wallace is in the right and he is trying to go about rangers in their best interests?

there will be an reorganisation of the structure of the club all aligned to move the club forward on the 5 key objectives in the football strategy mentioned in the review.

what if rangers do start moving in the right direction?

and how would dave king and his supporters groups react?

I'll be honest and say that I was worryingly surprised at how well Wallace came across at the press conference.

I still think his recovery plan was fanciful (nee ridiculous) but his short term plan is better than anything NewRangers have previously produced (see post passim where Stockbridge was banging on about £100m turnovers etc.).

He's got his work cut out to deliver, but if he can keep the ship from listing too badly for another 8-10months, then they could work in alternative exit strategies (if needed).

As for King. He needs to feather some spiv nests if he wants to be taken seriously. Then he might have the influence he desires.

Yours

aDONis

aye, it's the Company that's in the shitter. The Club should sail on blissfully....

I just listened to the Wallace press conference on STV there and all his corporate talk only ever mentioned the club, I don't remember a single reference to the company. Its almost as if the club/company separation was a load of smoke and mirrors to keep the fans on side. Shurely shome mishtake.