Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Celtic`s wage bill is over £40M it absolutely dwarfs everything, realistically they are only competing for 3 competitions, getting beat from Raith given our budget was embarrassing, how would you describe Celtic getting beat by Morton?

TBF. Celtic were guns blazing the whole game. Yet they were kept out by miraculous defending, and Morton being able to capitalize on a rare chances. It was a shock, but the nature of the defeat was not one to be chastising the players or manager over. The nature of how you got beat got beat by us was far worse. Not just due to differences in budget, but due to how off form we were coming into this game, and believe me the performance we gave on the day was no different than the ones that came in the weeks before and after the game. The most shocking thing was the lack of goal threat coming from you. Relying on crosses, set pieces and long range efforts is not going to get consistent results every week against full time teams. If we were the most out of form championship team coming into that game, then you have a lot to be worried about next season. Considering you'll likely have a worse team this upcoming season, and that's before you consider the threat of admin/points deduction. Assuming you're not liquidated beforehand.

Edited by Fotbawmad

Talking about Ann Budge, I have to say how impressed I was by her latest statement, she clearly has a plan and does not mess about. Getting Locke out and employing Levein, time will tell on the Levein appointment but we can only dream of a CEO who obviously has the best interest of the club (not just shareholders) at the forefront of her mind.

All this and not a 5:1 snipe or Greggy Wallace gif in sight.

Bravo Ann.

It is a good statement and does I think, reflect the differences between Hearts and Rangers that have been getting discussed, not just in terms regime, but also in fan outlook.

Obviously, Budge has a lot of goodwill on her side right now, which enables her to say some things that wouldn't have looked out of place in the 120 day review, yet be taken seriously and given the benefit.

I also believe however that she feels able to say they could aspire to get back up next season, but that there were other, longer term and more important priorities, because the outlook broadly reflects that of the fan base. I honestly don't think someone in charge of Rangers could get away with saying such things, without sparking some sort of fan revolt.

Now this obviously reflects differences in the pre-insolvency status of the two clubs. It does however also reflect that Hearts fans are genuinely just pleased to have a club, whereas for many many Rangers fans, that was never going to be enough.

It is a good statement and does I think, reflect the differences between Hearts and Rangers that have been getting discussed, not just in terms regime, but also in fan outlook.

Obviously, Budge has a lot of goodwill on her side right now, which enables her to say some things that wouldn't have looked out of place in the 120 day review, yet be taken seriously and given the benefit.

I also believe however that she feels able to say they could aspire to get back up next season, but that there were other, longer term and more important priorities, because the outlook broadly reflects that of the fan base. I honestly don't think someone in charge of Rangers could get away with saying such things, without sparking some sort of fan revolt.

Now this obviously reflects differences in the pre-insolvency status of the two clubs. It does however also reflect that Hearts fans are genuinely just pleased to have a club, whereas for many many Rangers fans, that was never going to be enough.

I think the biggest difference I have noticed is that she doesn't seem to be pandering to fans.

Levein is a hearts guy no doubt but getting rid of Locke after he grew into the role wasn't exactly a popular decision with probably the majority I fans.

She thinks however his role overseeing all things football related is the way to go.

She gets rid of 3 of their top stars who each took pay cuts last last to stay at the club too.

She certainly has a way about her in terms the direction she is willing to take in order to get the club on the right track. Depending on their transfer policy next season(free transfers) they could be going into the championship with nothing more than a talented youth team who have had SPL experience for a season.

It makes for interesting times as a hearts fan. This group of players could grow into a team that could do some exciting stuff over the next few years.

Seems to be a popular choice amongst quite a few St.Mirren fans and even more prominent P & Bers, I cannot even begin to imagine how Chick Young will greet the news.

Lex however.

https://www.facebook.com/footballchatnobigotry/photos/a.555836491149444.1073741826.169590606440703/685682708164821/?type=1&theater

:lol:

Lots of st mirren fans I know wouldn't want ferguson.

The ones I spoke to are looking at billy stark or Ian Murray.

Although Murray has signed a new contract so that ain't happening.

Murray is out of the picture

Some odds

Bill Stark 33/1

Gary Bollan 25/1

John Hartson 16/1 :D

John Collins 10/1

Bazza 4/1

Would they gamble on ferguson. A tight budget where survival is crucial. He didn't do too great at Blackpool with what he had, and cutting his teeth(a little more) at st mirren while trying to keep the team up may not be the most ideal.

It's gonna be tommy! He done most of the coaching at that team anyway. Even watching the dugout he barely got out his seat while craig was all over the place.

Oh, you poor wee lamb. I do hope the mods spring into action on your defence.

Or you could always either stop posting the same tripe as always - or just walk away from the BRALT. Kind of like you said you were going to before.

Pathetic.

This post should have been said to you 5000 times already.

Had to check where I was there. I see this thread has now morphed into a general Premiership chatter thread. Guess nothing of note happening with the actual core subject of the thread then?

Oh and just for T_K :lol::lol::lol: (out of context I know but it's the best I can do ;) )

Had to check where I was there. I see this thread has now morphed into a general Premiership chatter thread. Guess nothing of note happening with the actual core subject of the thread then?

Oh and just for T_K :lol::lol::lol: (out of context I know but it's the best I can do ;) )

it has been a quiet few days at rangers , infact It has been almost a week since some form of story broke out, is this the longest we have went with any major news from ibrox since the outbreak of admin? don't know wether it is a good or bad thing tbh

It did but anything has to be better than page after page of 'your wrang' 'no you are' etc etc.

Aye ok Tommy Craig has a great chance of getting the gig but for me he is just not box office enough, he was never an OF player (to my knowledge) but he was McNeil`s understudy for a while...loads of experience but about as exciting as a paper bag.

Passionate about paper bags

By CHRISTINA CHIN

KATHLEEN Goh Swee Ling is a colourful personality and every bit as vibrant as the many paper bags she collects.

The bubbly 38-year-old bank executive officer is recognised in the Malaysia Book of Records (MBR) for having the largest paper bag collection in the country.

''That was in 1995. At this moment, I have more than 4,000 different paper bags from all over the world in my collection and I believe no one has broken my record yet,'' she said when met at her mother's home in Bukit Mertajam.

bags.jpgGoh with her collection of paper bags.

''I live in an apartment on the island. Due to space constraints, my 'treasures' are kept at my mum's place as well as in my in-law's house on Perak Road,'' she added.

Goh, however, said she didn't get the chance to admire her paper bags as often as she liked to because they were folded and kept in boxes.

''Perhaps when I retire, I can create a catalogue of all the bags I have,'' she said, adding that she was also toying with the idea of creating a website to network with others who share her passion.

''I started collecting paper bags when I was 18. My collection started with a Christmas paper bag from the Super Komtar departmental store. The theme of the design was 'Let's Party'.

''It was so colourful and beautiful — the design and shape really attracted my attention, so instead of reusing it, I kept it to make sure that it remained in good condition always,'' she said.

Explaining her love, Goh said she only collected paper bags that were given away with purchases.

''I never buy paper bags off the rack. I buy things and collect the paper bags.

''To me, a satisfying and successful shopping spree depends on the number of paper bags in hand at the end of the day! Collecting paper bags also reminds me of the fun I have shopping and travelling.

''It can be considered an expensive hobby because sometimes I end up making unnecessary purchases just to get the bag. Some shops will give me the bags when I tell them I am a collector but there are some who are very strict as they demand a minimum purchase,'' she said.

She credited her family, friends and colleagues for helping to expand her collection.

''I have five sisters who all love to shop and travel, so that definitely helps. Our friends are also always on the lookout for interesting paper bags and I am grateful.

''Every weekend, I'll be back at my mum's place checking the latest bags my sisters have brought back for me and although it sounds unbelievable, I can remember every single paper bag in my collection; one look and I already know whether it is something I already own,'' Goh said.

She said she was lucky that her husband had always been very supportive.

''In fact, he was the one who suggested I contact MBR. It is he who helps carry my boxes — stacking and counting them for me.

''It's still too early to tell whether my only daughter shares my interest because she is still too young but like her father, she does help me arrange my paper bags for storage and alert us whenever she spots a peculiar paper bag at the mall,'' she said.

According to Goh, the best time to collect paper bags is during festive seasons because that's when specially designed seasonal ones are given away.

''Since I only keep one of each kind, all my bags are different and special, although those collected during holidays are closer to my heart because they bring back so many good memories,'' she said, adding that it was easier to collect bags overseas than in Malaysia.

''One memorable haul was during a vacation in Paris. The check-out girl at Printemps Shopping Mall gave me a few different ones with just a single purchase because I told her about my collection. Here, most stores are not as generous,'' she said, noting that people were often surprised when they learnt about her hobby.

''They think it's funny and are curious how I manage to store it all. These days, I've slowed down because of storage problems.

''I have more commitments now and the minimum purchase requirement to get a bag has also increased. Plastic as well as reusable woven bags seem to be more common nowadays which is a hinderance,'' she said.

Goh described her collection as ''invaluable''.

''I don't know how much they're worth but to me, these bags are priceless,'' she mused.

Goh's extensive collection also includes paper bags from government departments and learning institutions.

:o Ye Gads.........

Edited by Florentine_Pogen