Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I was looking at Craid Whyte's wikipedia page and found that this link leads to 'page not found' within the Stock Exchange website.

Is history being obliterated?

Sorry Tedi, you are correct, I should have said intellectual property office. Who was the other club who owned the intellectual property first and registered it?

As far as I am aware, it is a wholly owned subsidiary.

Which owns the club. So thats a good thing then, the IPs are owned by the club, at the moment anyway.

See, its good to talk about these things :)

So, if Ashleys games isnt connected to the IPs, what do you think he is up to? Or do you think the retail arm moving to SD is part of normal business practice?

:lol:

You want another 'yer deid' discussion, aye that is mature Stoney.

How about a wee "yer more stupid than a brain dead slug" discussion? Your defence of the spivs would put you into that category.

Were the revelations of the naming rights being sold for a quid a shock to you? They were to me, I knew they'd sold the name but for a quid?

The point is that your club is owned by spivs whose sole intention is to maximise profit and it has been shown that they will sell anything.

What will we read about being sold next? What do you think that Rangers own could be sold to fill the vultures' pockets before they sell the picked carcass to the fans?

Ashley company is the sole licensee for the majority of those entries when it comes to retail, I imagine he is trying to protect his deal to sell anything connected to those brands (in a retail sense) Rangers have seen it as a way to cut costs, 50 staff + Rent, Rates and running costs for the retail arm is not insignificant, however I have no doubt the arrangement is more profitable for Ashley and other individuals than it will be for Rangers.

So business as usual then? You're not concerned that this is just a move in part of a bigger "end game"?

Any updates from Imran Ahmed's case at the Court of Session today?

Only been going for 40 mins:

As of this morning Rangers have sold 23,361 season tickets #bbcsportscot

Loans were secured against Edmiston House and Albion Car Park. Alan Aummers QC claims Rangers will soon be "debt free" #bbcsportscot

Two recent loans totalling £1.5million owed to shareholders have not been repaid but should be within " next few weeks" #bbcsportscot

"Plans for refinancing of Rangers have been in place for almost a year" says Rangers QC Alan Summers

Alan Summers QC says "floodlights are back on at Ibrox" and that "turbulent financial period will soon be in the past" #bbcsportscot

Proceedings now underway #bbcsportscot

Ashley company is the sole licensee for the majority of those entries when it comes to retail, I imagine he is trying to protect his deal to sell anything connected to those brands (in a retail sense) Rangers have seen it as a way to cut costs, 50 staff + Rent, Rates and running costs for the retail arm is not insignificant, however I have no doubt the arrangement is more profitable for Ashley and other individuals than it will be for Rangers.

So Ashley owns the licences? Is that not just selling the Intellectual property rights for a set period of time. How long does he own the exclusivity for? How long before Rangers make anything from merchandising?

Kidding aside, there could be an explanation for the pound naming rights. Maybe Ashley paid via his share purchase in some sort of deal that had to have a nominal value attached to cover the naming rights. Rangers supporters would hope so.

There is still a smell of clay about again though.

Kidding aside, there could be an explanation for the pound naming rights. Maybe Ashley paid via his share purchase in some sort of deal that had to have a nominal value attached to cover the naming rights. Rangers supporters would hope so. There is still a smell of clay about again though.

I've no doubt that there is an explanation for the £1 naming rights. Wouldn't be surprised though if that explanation involved the words "dodgy", "corrupt", "shambolic", "bizarre", "laughable", "underhand", dubious", "deceitful", or possibly even "Craig Whyte"

Going to be a cracking Christmas show down Govan way this year. They appear to have a total monopoly on pantomime villains at the moment.

The point is that your club is owned by spivs whose sole intention is to maximise profit and it has been shown that they will sell anything.

What will we read about being sold next? What do you think that Rangers own could be sold to fill the vultures' pockets before they sell the picked carcass to the fans?

Scrap silver is about 30p/gram at the moment. Who is the legal owner of all the silverware at Ibrox? We know there's a lot of it because the orcs are always telling us. Must be worth tens of thousands of Ibrox Naming Rights............

As I read this, it appears to have happened around August 2012, when Ashley effectively took control of 49% of Rangers Retail.

It also appears to have been done before the completion of the IPO.

Surely anyone investing in New Rangers shares should have been informed that the naming rights for the stadium did not belong to the club/company? The implication of this is obvious. Naming rights are a valuable asset, and non ownership could ultimately affect the perceived value of the club/company. The fact this deal has been kept under wraps from shareholders, who ultimately own the club/company makes it seem all the more dubious.

A £1??? How on fucking earth can anyone justify a deal of that sort?