Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Eh, how could the club make money by selling him?

His employers were a company facing Liquidation. The Club did not pay his wages, so wtf are you getting at?

Exactly so. When the club failed to pay wages, employees were De facto free to walk away - contracts can be breached by either side. And an employee is what Naismith was - just like the other players. Not an asset, no matter how Charlie tried to paint it.

As professional sportsmen, any of those players would have been stupid not to seek employment elsewhere, given that there was, at the time, no guarantee of any future football being played at Ibrox - by whatever club, at whatever level.

Still not getting you there old bean.

Again you state "make money for the club".

Run that past me one more time. Surely he would be making money for the new company if he was sold?

I know what point you are trying to make mate , i am simply just ignoring you as this debate has rumbled on for 2 and a half years and is not worth gettin into . And enough of the old I am a young pup

The thread's been good today.

Obviously it can be attacked as fence sitting, but I've actually got sympathy with the views of both No8 and the Rodent here.

Rangers fans are perfectly entitled to be angered by the actions of individuals, which obviously damaged the club, in both old and new incarnations. Of course, they should welcome any bringing to book of Whyte, as should anyone with an interest in right and wrong.

Mhonkeys finally gotten his arse off the fence i see but still manages to get it wrong.

Raman Bhardwaj ‏@STVRaman 4 mins4 minutes ago

Former #Rangers CEO Graham Wallace pocketed nearly £380K in the 7 months between Nov 2013-June 2014

I remember taking stick from the P's and D's for saying that Wallace was at it.

Edit - I also recall a lot on here believing an article by some Waddell person which blamed all our ills on signing a back up goalie.

Edited by bennett

Raman Bhardwaj ‏@STVRaman 4 mins4 minutes agoFormer #Rangers CEO Graham Wallace pocketed nearly £380K in the 7 months between Nov 2013-June 2014I remember taking stick from the P's and D's for saying that Wallace was at it.

Hardly "at it", he was at the helm for most of the accounting period, turned the ship around too it seems.

Cheap...

” The Group’s ability to secure further debt or equity finance to allow the Group to continue to meet its liabilities as they fall due. Without taking account of the possibility for refinancing the £3m short term loan facility falling due for repayment in April 2015 or of the impact of any cost reduction measures or of any other potential sources of revenue, such as player transfer or loan fees, the forecast identifies that the Group will require up to £8 million by way of debt or equity finance within the next 12 months. The forecast indicates that these significant further funds will be required in early 2015, the first tranche of which being required in January 2015, to meet day to day working capital requirements.”

I also recall a lot on here believing an article by some Waddell person which blamed all our ills on signing a back up goalie.

I don't.

However, I do recall an article which suggested the back up goalie thing was indicative of Rangers' ills.

Do such subtle, yet significant distinctions, really escape you Bennett, or is it something of an act?

Florie brings so much into this thread, almost as valued as Norman is.

The Flor is, indeed, a grumpy idiot. Did he also get kicked in the nadgers by a Rangers fan at school? I am perfectly happy for reasonable posters like Dave J, Henrick and MT to post about us but it is perfectly clear that a fair few have a warped and, probably, sad past and are using The Big Thread as catharsis.

” The Group’s ability to secure further debt or equity finance to allow the Group to continue to meet its liabilities as they fall due. Without taking account of the possibility for refinancing the £3m short term loan facility falling due for repayment in April 2015 or of the impact of any cost reduction measures or of any other potential sources of revenue, such as player transfer or loan fees, the forecast identifies that the Group will require up to £8 million by way of debt or equity finance within the next 12 months. The forecast indicates that these significant further funds will be required in early 2015, the first tranche of which being required in January 2015, to meet day to day working capital requirements.”

Wee Livi just been penalised by the SFA yet the Rangers/ The Rangers saga rolls on. Is this the model for Scots fitba? A club that died and was ressurected as Sevco is surviving on monthly handouts from an English billionaire.

Just someone put this zombie out of its misery.

Florie brings so much into this thread, almost as valued as Norman is.

The Flor is, indeed, a grumpy idiot. Did he also get kicked in the nadgers by a Rangers fan at school? I am perfectly happy for reasonable posters like Dave J, Henrick and MT to post about us but it is perfectly clear that a fair few have a warped and, probably, sad past and are using The Big Thread as catharsis.

Heh, heh..............."The storm is at it's height, Igor"

:bounce1

I am perfectly happy for reasonable posters like Dave J, Henrick and MT to post about us but it is perfectly clear that a fair few have a warped and, probably, sad past and are using The Big Thread as catharsis.

Who gives a f**k about whether you are happy or not ya pompous knob.

Oh dear precious one. Did I omit you?

No you're fucking not.

Grumpy much are you?