Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yes, I think that's right. The Football League has restrictions on duel ownership along similar lines to those in Scotland, whereas the EPL is less regulated. It's interesting this. The Scottish authorities clearly wish to be seen to be doing something, but it's hard to see what they can do, without precipitating things they won't want. I'd imagine that some humiliating climbdown is likely, although it'll be unconvincingly billed as a negotiated settlement that's in everyone's interests.

En garde!

Just joining in the spelling/typo/grammar bantz.

I liked Tommy Craig as a guy. Any feel for his replacement?

Just f**k right off with your grammar bollocks. Some of us have more important things to discuss.

How's your "colon" then ?, mibees get some irrigation to relieve the irritation. :rolleyes:

"If both teams qualify for the same competition, the one with the higher Uefa co-efficient ranking would be allowed to enter at the expense of the other. As things stand, Newcastle are ranked 65 and Rangers are down at 101.

In the short term, it is Rangers who will suffer as they have the lower ranking. In the long term, Rangers have a far greater chance of playing in the Champions League than Newcastle, which would mean the Magpies would not be allowed to compete in the Europa League, even if they won a domestic cup competition or finished fifth or sixth in the Premier League"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11257795/Newcastle-and-Rangers-will-not-be-able-to-play-in-Europe-together-next-season-because-of-Mike-Ashley.html

Going by this in the long term it could benefit Rangers but i still can't see why Ashley would favour Rangers over one of the largest EPL clubs.

1. Newcastle are 68, Rangers 112. However, that's academic, as Rangers are defunct and Sevco are un-rated.

2. "In the long term, Rangers have a far greater chance of playing in the Champions League than Newcastle."

The flaw in that statement is that Newcastle have a far greater chance of actually having a long term.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...profit-warning

Retail tycoons Sir Philip Green and Mike Ashley were both left nursing multimillion pound paper losses yesterday after close to £140m was wiped off the value of MySale, the website that runs clearance sales for fashion brands, following a major profit warning.

The shares tumbled 91.75p to 81.5p, a fall of 53% after the company said pre-tax profits would be materially below market expectations after it encountered challenging trading conditions in its home markets of Australia and New Zealand.

Its chief executive Carl Jackson said competition had increased noticeably and the economic outlook has weakened in both countries over the last five months.

Greens Shelton Capital fund, controlled by his Monaco-based wife, Tina, invested in MySale before its initial public offering in June and held on to a 22% stake. The profit alert wiped £30m off the value of that holding leaving it worth only £27m when the market closed. Ashleys Sports Direct took a near 5% stake in June as a route to establishing a retail presence in the antipodean markets.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...profit-warning

Retail tycoons Sir Philip Green and Mike Ashley were both left nursing multimillion pound paper losses yesterday after close to £140m was wiped off the value of MySale, the website that runs clearance sales for fashion brands, following a major profit warning.

The shares tumbled 91.75p to 81.5p, a fall of 53% after the company said pre-tax profits would be materially below market expectations after it encountered challenging trading conditions in its home markets of Australia and New Zealand.

Its chief executive Carl Jackson said competition had increased noticeably and the economic outlook has weakened in both countries over the last five months.

Greens Shelton Capital fund, controlled by his Monaco-based wife, Tina, invested in MySale before its initial public offering in June and held on to a 22% stake. The profit alert wiped £30m off the value of that holding leaving it worth only £27m when the market closed. Ashleys Sports Direct took a near 5% stake in June as a route to establishing a retail presence in the antipodean markets.

On the same day as Aberdeen join the growing list of Scottish sides going debt free :lol:

I would imagine this is the moment Rangers fans have been waiting for. Ashley genuinely does have wealth off the radar. The Scottish football hierarchy are not going to be telling him to do anything. Mike Ashley will be the judge of where this will end up, not some pathetic little "bowling club" type at Hampden. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. Billionaires can have anything they want.

Victory? I merely pointed out your previous triumphalism on the matter.

If the SFA actually hand out punishments then this would be a victory, if MA fucks off then this would an even better victory, by taking this 1st step they have went further than you or even I presumed they would, I am just glad to see them following their own rules.

Dunno if you noticed but that racist scumbag Tonev lost his appeal, there is a new thread, just thought you should know as you had rather a lot to say on the last one.

If MA fecks off, how is it a victory? He's the only person standing between you and oblivion.

Where are Sevco going to find the £3 million to repay him?

Not to mention the £8 million to keep going for the next few months.

Victory? I merely pointed out your previous triumphalism on the matter.

If the SFA actually hand out punishments then this would be a victory, if MA fucks off then this would an even better victory, by taking this 1st step they have went further than you or even I presumed they would, I am just glad to see them following their own rules.

Dunno if you noticed but that racist scumbag Tonev lost his appeal, there is a new thread, just thought you should know as you had rather a lot to say on the last one.

Bit early for Denboy to comment as i don't think McGillivan has spoken about it yet.

Newcastle FC has nothing to do with Scottish football. The English FA don't give a fig about SEVCO as his involvement does not impinge on their competitions or fall within their jurisdiction.

If Ashley owned Hearts, Aberdeen or QotS then I could see their point.

The SFA are making themselves a laughing stock.

As I said previously it's a win/win for the P&B ...

They fine/punish Sevco/Ashley and he walks away ... great.

If they don't, Ashley implements austerity measures that will make the bears greet.

As for poor Fivestars .. backing the SFA on a rule that possibly contravenes Ashley's rights to do business. It's not even as if it helps his new club :blink::lol:

The SFA, I fear, is on a hiding to nothing.

As for Tonev ... nothing has changed. I fully expect that Celtic and he will appeal the decision.

Poor Tedi .. dragging other thread topics around ...

The list of threads he's made an arse of himself on are endless ... Tell us all about the fivestars Tedi ... the offside rule ... how the IPO money is secured and the FSA will protect you ... how you're going to boycott the season tickets ... how you you will not give the spivs a penny more ... The share price ... How your club is debt free ...

You're priceless son.

I'm not sure that's true. The English FA do have rules on dual ownership - I had a look last night. This kind of sums up the position

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/dual-ownership-of-football-clubs.htm

I think the main point is that the SFA are trying to take action now because this does have a knock-on effect regarding UEFA and possibly the English FA.

I don't think they are free to what they like with this and need to be seen to be doing something.

Oh I am well aware we are fucked, would rather be fucked without MA than be fucked by him.

Tedi, you have become very choosy all of a sudden. Your club has already been royally shafted by Sir David, Uncle Walter, Fat Ally, John Greig (asleep on the job), Sandy Jardine (sucking up to anyone he thought had money), Whyte, Green and all his hangers on, plus anyone who has been on the board over the last 20 years.

The reality is Tedi, you don't have any choice :( . If MA goes (which he won't) he will make sure his money goes with him. Just try to work out the consequences, slowly and logically.

As someone once said 'Be careful what you wish for'. :wacko:

the english fa did come to mind what do they make of this development?

don't be so sure that the efa don't give a fig, it would be assumed they are watching with interest since it involves one of their top club's owners.

Think the FA (or the English Premier League for that matter) will have as much interest in Ashley/Newcastle/Rangers as they have in Manchester City's involvement with New York City FC. A shareholder of a club in one country having an interest in a club in another country. THE SFA need to make sure they don't overstep their area of responsibility or competence, otherwise we could move quickly to a merger of all 4 home nations to create a single UK wide administration and national team.

The charge from the SFA is along the lines of 'you have not given us the respect we think we deserve' and 'you have put our noses out of joint and also the noses of many of our friends'.

Aye, all clubs involved in his training as a youth are entitled to compensation.

The article which Rico was too lazy to post.

The liquidators of the Rangers oldco will investigate whether they are due a portion of the £204,000 awarded in training compensation for the transfer of Charlie Telfer.

Dundee United, who signed the 19-year-old under freedom of contract in the summer, were last week ordered by the Scottish Professional Football League to pay Rangers for developing the midfielder before his move to Tannadice.

The SPFL tribunal's remit was to set the level of compensation as part of the dispute between the two clubs, with liquidators BDO having no involvement at the hearing.

STV understands that now a fee has been determined, BDO will write to the related parties to establish whether they are in line to receive a chunk of the cash because Telfer was trained by the Rangers oldco between 2006 and 2012.

Having already secured a cash pot of £24.3m for the creditors of RFC 2012 plc, the liquidators are continuing to work to try and recover as much money as possible before paying out a final dividend.

It is not known how the cash would be split in any successful claim, with training costs varying year-on-year.

However it is understood that BDO would have to take their claim directly to the Rangers newco, with the SPFL's powers extending simply to instructing Dundee United to pay Rangers.

No representation from any third party would be entertained and it is further understood that the matter was not discussed at last week's tribunal.

The situation is further complicated by another company, Rangers Youth Development Limited, which was wholly owned by the oldco and was dissolved in 2013.

It effectively employed young players at Murray Park before selling them to the club at the point a professional contract was signed.

It is understood however that the SPFL tribunal made no distinction between oldco, newco or Rangers Youth Development Limited and deemed the training club simply to be Rangers in its present form.

When contacted by STV, Rangers declined to comment and BDO were unavailable for comment.