Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It all depends what arrangement they have in place with HMRC, it is normal for companies to have discussions with creditors how they are going to pay things. there is nothing in the BBC article that says 'late' just that payment is due, there is also nothing in that BBC article that suggests that any sort of SPFL penalty is possible, not saying they are not, just pointing out that it is not mentioned.

Tedi my son, you obviously have never 'negotiated' with HMRC about paying what they say is owed.

It is tough enough for any company to cope with HMRC demands, but if you have a track record of avoidance and ducking and diving they will not mess around. If they say 7 days, you damned well make sure they have the cash within 7 days.

And the sad part is that HMRC will view Rangers as the same company that has mucked them around for years. So as far as they are concerned the Rangers they are dealing with is the same bunch of spivs and crooks they have been trying to nail down since Murray's day. Presume you will be happy with that approach? :)

(Must tell you someday about the Rangers director who furnished his house and put the invoices (and the VAT) through the business. The fellow directors were ok with it but the VAT people were not.)

Edited by thelegendthatis

So can it be assumed that the easdales loan paid hmrc and there is no issues with hmrc or the slpf?

You are probably right :) . Until the next time. :(

Shame the payroll bill is so high. Too many staff, paid too much = high NI and tax due to HMRC. But the situation Rangers is in now was just so predictable. Do they not pay attention at the Big House?

Can't be added reading through around teb pages or so, so a bit of devils advocate....

Someone offers to stabilise rangers tho... He already owns a club south of the border.

The SFA say do one.

Spfl demand money for a fine previously given to oldco.

Hmrc want a payin...

Rangers sell a player to cover it

King and the three bears buy shares and start what is alledged to be a take over

The QC posts some smilies

A basketball team owner is reported to have launched a take over bid

Somers wets the bed

The SFA board steps in and says the MacLeod transfer money is oors, whit ye gonnae dad about it?

Spfl ready to hammer rangers because they can no longer pay hmrc

Greenock rover say basketball guy takeover ain't happening

Easdales offer some cash cos they're cool guys.

Densboy posts a funny PIC

Reports of take over discussions in media

Keith Jackson heads to Glasgow airport and asks to use their radar.

Have I missed anything?

Edit for spacing\tablet pish.

and your still a twat.

Brian McNally ‏@McNallyMirror

Fastest investigation in history as SPFL clears Rangers of NI default. So why did HMRC threaten winding-up order? Answer please Mr Doncaster

Tbf it probably was something which was fairly easy to prove, just email them proof of payment.

McNally sometimes can be as mental as his mate Philip.

Tbf it probably was something which was fairly easy to prove, just email them proof of payment.McNally sometimes can be as mental as his mate Philip.

I get that Ben. It does seem strange that hmrc pursued a WUO if this is the case though?

A lot going on behind the scenes we probably don't know about as per usual.

Good to see that Dundee Utd are ready to pay their bills on time and some more top trolling by Thompson.

Tyrone Smith ‏@TyroneSTV · 2m2 minutes ago

Stephen Thompson says Rangers will get the money they’re due for Charlie Telfer on time, after getting a reminder from the Ibrox club today.

Can't be added reading through around teb pages or so, so a bit of devils advocate....

Have I missed anything?

You've misunderstood the phrase 'devil's advocate' methinks. Still, the historical etymology may be oddly fitting to the Rangers pantomine:

Definition of devil's advocate: noun (composited)

1A person who expresses a contrary position to their own in order to provoke debate or test the strength of the opposing arguments:

1.1 historical A person appointed by the Roman Catholic Church to challenge a proposed beatification or canonization, or the verification of a miracle.

Which Saints have you performed this duty for though?

C̶r̶a̶i̶g̶

̶C̶h̶a̶r̶l̶i̶e̶

̶G̶e̶o̶r̶g̶e̶

̶M̶i̶k̶e̶

̶Dave?