Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Brian McNally ‏@McNallyMirror

Fastest investigation in history as SPFL clears Rangers of NI default. So why did HMRC threaten winding-up order? Answer please Mr Doncaster

Tbf it probably was something which was fairly easy to prove, just email them proof of payment.

McNally sometimes can be as mental as his mate Philip.

Tbf it probably was something which was fairly easy to prove, just email them proof of payment.McNally sometimes can be as mental as his mate Philip.

I get that Ben. It does seem strange that hmrc pursued a WUO if this is the case though?

A lot going on behind the scenes we probably don't know about as per usual.

Good to see that Dundee Utd are ready to pay their bills on time and some more top trolling by Thompson.

Tyrone Smith ‏@TyroneSTV · 2m2 minutes ago

Stephen Thompson says Rangers will get the money they’re due for Charlie Telfer on time, after getting a reminder from the Ibrox club today.

Can't be added reading through around teb pages or so, so a bit of devils advocate....

Have I missed anything?

You've misunderstood the phrase 'devil's advocate' methinks. Still, the historical etymology may be oddly fitting to the Rangers pantomine:

Definition of devil's advocate: noun (composited)

1A person who expresses a contrary position to their own in order to provoke debate or test the strength of the opposing arguments:

1.1 historical A person appointed by the Roman Catholic Church to challenge a proposed beatification or canonization, or the verification of a miracle.

Which Saints have you performed this duty for though?

C̶r̶a̶i̶g̶

̶C̶h̶a̶r̶l̶i̶e̶

̶G̶e̶o̶r̶g̶e̶

̶M̶i̶k̶e̶

̶Dave?

Livingstone should appeal their points deduction after this farce, HMRC don't threaten WUO over nothing

Tbf HMRC will issue a WUO if you are seven days late with a payment. They really don't mess about and start court action very quickly.

Still let's hope that The Rangers are about to die, again.

TBH .. fans should now pressure their club chairmen to demand answers ... Doncaster stating 'aye it's ok' doesn't quite cut it.

This stinks worse than the secretive five way agreement.

Can't wait till Celtics chairman receives your angry rant.

Stop listening to macgilligans island ffs.

So according to you Livingston can break the rules and have their points returned??. Well, according to the press releases at the time At a SPFL disciplinary hearing on Monday, the club admitted rule breaches after failing to advise the governing body that it had previously been in default of its tax obligations in relation to payments made to players.

So not only did Livingston FC not declare that it had defaulted, but the club only admitted their rule breaking at a disciplinary hearing.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/livingston-rocked-by-five-point-deduction-1-3614516

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30185423

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2847706/Scottish-Championship-Livingstone-deducted-five-points-tax-breaches.html

Rangers were late with their NI payments by a week, but they paid up at the 11th hour. As much as I like a laugh at their expense is it not better to laugh at the real mess they get themselves into than creating fallacious scenarios?. In this case there is no case......................until the next time. ;)

You do not get a final notice after missing a payment by a week.