Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

How is a giving a loan the same as making an investment ? Try it the next time you're caught short for cash on a night out. If friends are reluctant to give you you a loan try "Can you invest £50 in me?" See how you you get on. :-)

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/8887-club-statement

This is what i like to see from a Rangers board. A statement straight away to rubbish any of the 'obsessed rumours.

The group has stepped in as the full extent of the financial damage caused by every regime over the last four years becomes clear

So, that would include the Board of the Club in Liquidation then, the one that included PM & DK? :unsure:

The fact the loans only 1.5m is a good thing considering we were being told that we needed 10-15m.

So as it stands the 1.5 will do us till the end of the season, then we'll get the season ticket money in and more than likely do a share issue, where the likes of King will put their money in.

Is that loan not to make this weeks pay run??

So King is not putting up any cash until he passes as a fit and proper person, that's an interesting spin on him screwing over the 3 bears :1eye

Especially when he said he would still invest even if he failed a fit n proper test.

Did he not say something along the lines of, 'Not needing a seat on the BoD's,'?

Edit: Oh aye, so he did.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31772694

"If I'm not found fit and proper then I won't sit on the board. I'll still invest and I'll still support it. I must have 40 companies back in South Africa that I don't sit on the board of. I don't think it will be an issue, but if it turns out to be an issue then it won't make any difference to Rangers going forward."

Edited by kiddy

The fact the loans only 1.5m is a good thing considering we were being told that we needed 10-15m.

So as it stands the 1.5 will do us till the end of the season, then we'll get the season ticket money in and more than likely do a share issue, where the likes of King will put their money in.

Maybe a cash for equity deal? Also regarding season tickets, won't we have to wait until we know which league we'll be i n?

Using future ST money to pay off onerous loans? What a great idea, I'm surprised nobody's come up with that before.

A couple of thoughts on this:

1. No one from the old or new boards appears to contradict the need for cash pretty much right now, and the timing looks to me as though Ashley has opted not to make the second tranche available.

2. There are still apparently some Bears who haven't accepted that DK is so very, very mendacious. Despite his talk about

a. NOMADs (got one ready to go! can't name prospective NOMAD [for some spurious reason]! prefer to de-list! because I'm such a fair-minded guy, will not de-list!); and

b. Investment (name any amount - he has! "respecting" non-existing SFA rule that says he can't put in money unlessnhe's passed the FPP test).

I find this almost incredible. His record of inconsistency, only using the evidence of his recent public utterances and ignoring completely his sentences worth 82 years' imprisonment on a small sample of his criminal charges, is enough to mark his card as a man who cannot be trusted in any respect.

But some of the Bears still see the GASL as the Messiah. Fascinating need to believe.

Do Rangers fans understand what the word "loan" means?

It's not like when their typical fan 'borrows' money.

They have to pay it back!!!!

Every penny loaned this season is another penny not in the budget next season.

At this rate they will start next season already in debt.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Do Rangers fans understand what the word "loan" means?

It's not like when their typical fan 'borrows' money.

They have to pay it back!!!!

Every penny loaned this season is another penny not in the budget next season.

At this rate they will start next season already in debt.

Apparently not. See discussion on their use of EBT's for details!

Edited by skiddy_ys

Can anybody show me the link to where his popcorn-ness has performed detailed analyses on average gates per head of population across Europe? Perhaps showing trends over time and with relative success factored in? You, know, so it doesn't look like he's just making it up as they're missing their twins*.

*As regularly stated on here: the only club suffering in any meaningful sense since Rangers died is Celtic. But that's understandable, because they're gloryhunting permavictims with a misplaced superiority complex too.

Absolutely spot on.

Again, we get Rangers fans citing a friendly Celtic connected voice. The pantomime rivalry grinds on.