Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

There is a difference between trading insolvently and an insolvency event.

Rangers are trading insolvently as they do not have sufficient working capital to meet immediate liabilities. Hence the need for short term loans to use as working capital.

An insolvency event is when that working capital is not available and a creditor triggers the event by taking the company to court for non-payment.

There is a difference between trading insolvently and an insolvency event.

Rangers are trading insolvently as they do not have sufficient working capital to meet immediate liabilities. Hence the need for short term loans to use as working capital.

An insolvency event is when that working capital is not available and a creditor triggers the event by taking the company to court for non-payment.

Thanks.

it still seems that the SFA/SPFL are crossing their fingers and hoping that it all works out beofre they have to actually do something :o

Thanks.

it still seems that the SFA/SPFL are crossing their fingers and hoping that it all works out beofre they have to actually do something :o

They probably are but at the moment there's no rule against standing on the precipice of administration so there's little they could do to interfere with the situation.

And, if you put the identity of the club that happens to be in financial distress in this case, that's should seem about right.

Punishing clubs for something they appear likely to do before they actually do it would be peculiar justice indeed.

I think the SFA/SPFL will be desperately hoping that when Rangers/The Rangers/Sevco finally indisputably cease to exist, the whole thing will be safely "somebody else's fault". Ashley's the ideal scapegoat, really. Rich enough that he couldn't care less about financial losses, or threats and intimidation from The People.

I'd imagine that is exactly what they're hoping, nsr, but, I suspect that if they rule DK as not being FAPP, he's going to use that as an excuse/reason why he can't invest.

If the subsequent financial carnage carries the Sevco caravan over the cliff, DK et al will blame the authorities.

One of the funniest of the failed listing on ISDX is that they always mention that is where Arsenal are listed.

Cannot believe they have the front to mention Arsenal shares....

Today the main man at Arsenal bought 2 shares for over £30K....

Spending that on Sevco shares and getting each share as a bit of paper means toilet paper for life.

Normally I would have nothing nice to say about Queen of the South, but have to say I will be jealous if they have the privilege on 13 May to put Sevco out of business.

Ah, you like us really.

I was disappointed with your result at the weekend.

As it is, I really do get excited at the prospect of getting a shot at putting Rangers in their place in such a huge match with such high stakes. I actually struggle to see us beating them over two legs though.

I'd feel much the same about Hibs, although they maybe do have that brittle quality that would make me slightly more optimistic.

Either way, we'll be up against it though.