Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Dave King claims to be the most scrutinised person in Scottish football. It would be remiss of us not to continue that scrutiny throughout his time at the club.

Sane and sensible post, 8. A significant part of how King will be judged will be on openness and transparency and strict adherence to high standards of corporate governance

Of course the Ps&Ds will continue to scoff but, as King Corduroy, said, "There can be an unhealthy fascination with things Rangers by supporters of other clubs".

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/spiers-on-sport-a-laughable-decision-but-now-let-dave-king-crack-on.1432069563

Edited by The_Kincardine

Aye sometimes he does let bravado get the better of him but I don't suppose he'd have gotten away with sticking two fingers up at the SFA and shouting up ye ya punts.

We need to start getting along with the authorities now and building those bridges, in the interview it looked he had to keep reminding himself of that.

Yes, its possible he changed his stance in a bid to woo the SFA.

However, this is what he said just after the EGM

If I'm not found fit and proper I will not sit on the board," he said at the time. "I'll still invest, I'll still support it.

"I've got, I must have 40 companies back in South Africa I control and I don't sit on the board.

"To me being on the board is not critical. I don't think it will be an issue. But if it turned out to be an issue, it wouldn't make any difference to Rangers going forward.

"I would just operate and give input as a shareholder, as opposed to a non-executive chairman.

and this is what he said yesterday

"One of the things I said at the previous meeting when I was here six to eight weeks ago was that investment, my ongoing investment, depended on me getting through fit and proper,” King told STV.

"Now it's been cleared, I am now in a position to proceed. So I'd expect that to happen quite quickly [investing money]."

Pressed to confirm whether his investment was dependent on fit and proper status being granted, King said: "Yes, yes. I always made it clear that if I had no long term future with the club, my investment was linked to that.

"I said that when I was here last time that while I expected the fit and proper to happen and go through OK. If it didn't happen then we would have to take a different approach.

"I wouldn't have walked away but the situation would have changed. I would have had to look at how we would do it.

"Certainly I was very clear in the interviews I gave previously, my ongoing investment requires my ongoing involvement.

"I didn't doubt that it would happen but it was made clear to all concerned that it was a consideration."

Two, very, contradictary statements. Seems to me like someone who will say anything to anyone to further his own interests, to the point where he forgets what he has said to who and, possibly, what the truth actually is

Two, very, contradictary statements. Seems to me like someone who will say anything to anyone to further his own interests, to the point where he forgets what he has said to who and, possibly, what the truth actually is

Yup, the two don't tally. Anyone who tries to reconcile those statements is an arse since one clearly contradicts the other.

What I hope is that King doesn't make some sort of press statement/website release to try and justify the unjustifiable. That would just add error to calumny.

Yup, the two don't tally. Anyone who tries to reconcile those statements is an arse since one clearly contradicts the other.

What I hope is that King doesn't make some sort of press statement/website release to try and justify the unjustifiable. That would just add error to calumny.

I see you're still helping your daughter revise her English GSCE, then...

...and of course Dave King went from having a NOMAD lined up to start very quickly after the EGM took place, to it "always having been his preference" or something along those lines for a delisting from the Stock Exchange.

Almost as if he's some sort of glib and shameless liar etc.

...and of course Dave King went from having a NOMAD lined up to start very quickly after the EGM took place, to it "always having been his preference" or something along those lines for a delisting from the Stock Exchange.

Almost as if he's some sort of glib and shameless liar etc.

Indeed. And yet, the Rangers fans seem perfectly comfortable with this and dont seem to be questioning it at all.

Indeed. And yet, the Rangers fans seem perfectly comfortable with this and dont seem to be questioning it at all.

It's almost as if they have certain control phrases programmed into them that hypnotise them into forced obedience when a spiv and/or glib and shameless liar speaks them.

I would opine that they are a perfectly content with DK lying through his teeth especially to the authorities as long as he trots out the odd key phrase now and again and/or the odd dried up old husks. Like that utterly discredited joke of a man Walter of Cardigan and the foam at the mouth expert bomber.

I see you're still helping your daughter revise her English GSCE, then...

Indeed. We're thinking of forming The Thesaurets and going on tour.

You're doing the diddy thing of making glib soundbites and gross generalisations. Still, without that there would be no Big Thread.

As No8 said, "Dave King claims to be the most scrutinised person in Scottish football. It would be remiss of us not to continue that scrutiny throughout his time at the club."

Never mind. The Diddies leave no stone unturned in their search for drawer-fankling.

I think we should lay off the Rangers fans a wee bit.

They have had a helluva time over the past few years with their club dying, and the new club that they are pretending is the same club lurching from one Frank Spencer-like catastrophe to another.

No one is denying it, in fact Rangers fans are agreeing with you here.

Your second quote..... When watching the interview yesterday it looked he tried to backtrack a bit/ back his original comments with this bit ""I wouldn't have walked away but the situation would have changed. I would have had to look at how we would do it."

Right now my view is that he's been playing nicely with the SFA rather than antagonising them but if other information is available then my opinion could change.

The bluster and bravado has to be put aside if we're to move forward