Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

5 hours ago, Paralytic Critic said:

I really do wonder what it must be like living in the world of someone who believes that Ashley surrendered to King and walked away from an I've got you by the gonads deal.

If Ashley had won the court case it was end of game for Sevco, Ashley knew that his Sports Direct advertising and any future sales through the club would be gone. Let them get their "well we have won and got a better deal which will benefit the club" story in courtesy of Jabba. All stock of old tops gets sold, club does survive but gains virtually nothing from it, Ashley has a new deal and continued advertising through the club, which is better for him, and will bring in much more long term than the £5m he would have gained from the court case.

Ashley is a business man and we all know he didn't  become a billionaire by being a surrender monkey. I doubt very much he gives two Donald Duck's what the peepul think has happened as it's the £'s that concern him, and it looks like the plan has all come together as the peepul are drooling at the thought now of buy old tops at top prices when they could have got them pre deal last week for less than half the price.

Bet that sounded good in your head 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/stv.tv/amp/1391973-sports-direct-owner-mike-ashley-sells-rangers-shares/

:lol:

10 minutes ago, The DA said:

Looks like they've bought Mike Ashley's shares so, as yet, there's no extra money coming Rangers' way. But it does mean that they can go ahead with the proposed share issue without Ashley blocking them.  However, I suspect that might just be a way for King & co to get their soft loans back - a debt-free Rangers but as broke as ever.

I can't see any bad news for Rangers in all this.  We've got rid of a toxic shareholder and now the fans' group have the 2nd largest holding in the club.  Trebles all round!

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I can't see any bad news for Rangers in all this.  We've got rid of a toxic shareholder and now the fans' group have the 2nd largest holding in the club.  Trebles all round!

Agreed, it does look like it's good news for the medium term.

25 minutes ago, The DA said:

Looks like they've bought Mike Ashley's shares so, as yet, there's no extra money coming Rangers' way. But it does mean that they can go ahead with the proposed share issue without Ashley blocking them.  However, I suspect that might just be a way for King & co to get their soft loans back - a debt-free Rangers but as broke as ever.

Retail deal currently improved and in a years time is back in Rangers hands. It'll take a few years but the extra income will alleviate a lot of our issues.

Ashley no longer has any shares and if an egm is held then this time 75% should be achievable.

Edited by bennett

5 minutes ago, The DA said:

Agreed, it does look like it's good news for the medium term.

Fuxake!  That's the most optimistic post I've ever read from you.  'Medium term' even rather than 'short term'?  You must be getting sick of life as a 'diddy fluffer' and coming to your senses.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Fuxake!  That's the most optimistic post I've ever read from you.  'Medium term' even rather than 'short term'?  You must be getting sick of life as a 'diddy fluffer' and coming to your senses.

I'm a generous man.  It's Friday, I'm finished for the week, there's a lovely Pinotage to look forward to this evening and United didn't go into admin - another Friday Fright sidestepped.

So, where will Rangers turn for their next 5M loan then? (You knew it was too good to last.)

10 minutes ago, The DA said:

I'm a generous man.  It's Friday, I'm finished for the week, there's a lovely Pinotage to look forward to this evening and United didn't go into admin - another Friday Fright sidestepped.

So, where will Rangers turn for their next 5M loan then? (You knew it was too good to last.)

Are things at Tannadice so parlous?  Does the delightful Justine need my succour?

As for our next tranche...we have a share issue pending then a rights issue when we slurp that lot up.  Plus our latest investor will open up the Chinese market for us then Alastair Johnston, back on the board, will work wonders with shirt sales in NA.

I reckon by this time next year we'll replace our 5 stars with £ symbols.

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Are things at Tannadice so parlous?  Does the delightful Justine need my succour?

As for our next tranche...we have a share issue pending then a rights issue when we slurp that lot up.  Plus our latest investor will open up the Chinese market for us then Alastair Johnston, back on the board, will work wonders with shirt sales in NA.

I reckon by this time next year we'll replace our 5 stars with £ symbols.

What? 5 quid?

Have the "ordinary working class fans" really just stumped up the cash for Ashley's next Bugatti? And the fans are lauding Dave King & Co.

Tells you all you need to know about both the PEOPLE who run the club/company and the PEOPLE who support it. 

I almost feel sorry for these PEOPLE. They just can't help themselves. 

WATP.

10 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/chairmans-welcome/

let's see how hellbhoy and co spin this as bad news :lol:

On the contrary young F_B, this is absolutely fantastic news. Ashley has managed to peddle off his worthless shares in a dying club.... sorry, I should say a dying company for more money than they are worth on face value. Fantastic bit of business from the fat man. Compare King & Ashley side to side with their investment in a Rangers FC, KIng has lost £20 million and Ashley has made £20 million. So how could this be anything other than good news for the plastics & diddies, and a mention out to Fat Mike?

5 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

On the contrary young F_B, this is absolutely fantastic news. Ashley has managed to peddle off his worthless shares in a dying club.... sorry, I should say a dying company for more money than they are worth on face value. Fantastic bit of business from the fat man. Compare King & Ashley side to side with their investment in a Rangers FC, KIng has lost £20 million and Ashley has made £20 million. So how could this be anything other than good news for the plastics & diddies, and a mention out to Fat Mike?

:lol:

Whilst on face value over the past week for the ****, they have had a fantastic week according to them on the club front. Ashley has sold out his shares, new kit sponsor deal which apparently is more fortuitous to The Rangers than most other clubs percentage of shirt sales with their kit suppliers, 32Red penned a new deal and new players have signed for the club. It is and appears to be a great week to be a *** supporter. :thumsup2

I'll let them have the moment, not been great to be a *** since 2012.

The Gers boss continued: "Regarding the qualifier we are preparing, we are doing our homework, we wanted to know the opponent and we wanted to know which one of the matches we are going to scout them to analyse them.

"But with the short period of time we are going to have in the lead up to the match we are just thinking about our team, I wanted to spend as much time focusing on our identity and everybody understands the process.

"We need to prepare for the match with only one thing in our mind and it is about winning and progressing to the qualifiers.

"Our goal right now is all directed to be in the group stages and we will have to see what happens after that."

Interview with Secret Agent Pedro from yesterday. . . . Pretty much saying that if they don't qualify for group stages they are doomed. Bit of a risky gamble just now spending all that "bitcoin" on the HOPE that they qualify. . . Madness.