Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

59 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes, club and company are now separate. (The Rangers FC, owned and operated by Rangers International).
Before of course they were coterminous which is why Rangers died. Hilariously.

Club and company were never coterminous.  In that respect we are in exactly the same position as most other league clubs - including Falkirk.

Just now, Tartantony said:
7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
Club and company were never coterminous.  In that respect we are in exactly the same position as most other league clubs - including Falkirk.

Just making stuff up again Kincy?

Not at all, Tony.  You, for example, will know that neither of your clubs' existences are coterminous with their associated PLCs.  This has been done to death over the past 6 years.

20 minutes ago, Tartantony said:
25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
Not at all, Tony.  You, for example, will know that neither of your clubs' existences are coterminous with their associated PLCs.  This has been done to death over the past 6 years.

It has, the difference is I know the facts and you just make shit up

I've made nothing up.  I'm also relaxed for Dumbarton's existence as a club to be coterminous with its existence as a PLC.  Your fans won't be as you'd rid yourselves of league titles.

14 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's true though, for all our clubs at the moment.
Just a pity it wasn't for old RFC.

I see the problem now.  You don't actually know what 'coterminous' means.  You probably thought it meant, 'terminates at the same time'.  It actually means, in this context, 'having the same term' (ie start and stop date).  Thus the existence of Falkirk as a club is not coterminous with Falkirk's associated PLC.

Edited by The_Kincardine

I see the problem now.  You don't actually know what 'coterminous' means.  You probably thought it meant, 'terminates at the same time'.  It actually means, in this context, 'having the same term' (ie start and stop date).  Thus the existence of Falkirk as a club is not coterminous with Falkirk's associated PLC.
I understand now that you're not making stuff up, you just don't understand what you're talking about.

I'm interested in finding out when Dumbarton and Falkirk became PLCs. I'm struggling with that one. Maybe you're just using the term PLC incorrectly.

2 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

I understand now that you're not making stuff up, you just don't understand what you're talking about.

I'm interested in finding out when Dumbarton and Falkirk became PLCs. I'm struggling with that one. Maybe you're just using the term PLC incorrectly.

1914 and 1905.  It only takes one minute.

1914 and 1905.  It only takes one minute.
So as i thought, not using the term PLC in its correct context as it would be understood in a conversation about business. Not surprising tbh

I know you like the whole club and company thing being different. Utter nonsense of course and shows a lack of understanding but I'll leave you to it

Just now, Tartantony said:

So as i thought, not using the term PLC in its correct context as it would be understood in a conversation about business. Not surprising tbh

So Dumbarton and Falkirk were not incorporated in the years mentioned?  Has Companies House got it wrong?

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Nope.  Being a PLC does not mean that shares are traded. It has become common parlance for a listed company.

Your parlance maybe. Not a parlance I've ever heard of, never mind about common.

For example, Dumbarton aren't a plc. They are a limited company.