Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

21 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

As noted, we've been here before.

How though Kincardine, would you define 'club' when we're talking about professional football, if it's something that can be altogether divorced from its governance?

My contribution to this part of the thread was simply to correct the wee Falkirk fanny's* use of the word 'coterminous'.  He was also the one who made the inexorable link between a club and its associated PLC/legal entity/Companies House registration.  Better to ask him.

*I realise that this epithet may cover a few posters.

55 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

My contribution to this part of the thread was simply to correct the wee Falkirk fanny's* use of the word 'coterminous'.  He was also the one who made the inexorable link between a club and its associated PLC/legal entity/Companies House registration.  Better to ask him.

Ah, defining 'club' within the terms you've set is something you can't convincingly do.

Fair enough.  I wouldn't be able to either.

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ah, defining 'club' within the terms you've set is something you can't convincingly do.

Fair enough.  I wouldn't be able to either.

There really is no need to define 'club' - we all know what it is.  We also all know that it is separate  from its associated commercial entity.  Can anyone reasonably contest this?  I am repeating myself but have done so over 6 years on this thread.  Let me have another go:

1. The Wee Falkirk Fanny* misunderstood the definition of 'coterminous'.
2.  Almost no club would regard their existence as coterminous with their registered entity.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

There really is no need to define 'club' - we all know what it is.  We also all know that it is separate  from its associated commercial entity.  Can anyone reasonably contest this?  I am repeating myself but have done so over 6 years on this thread.  Let me have acoterminous nother go:

1. The Wee Falkirk Fanny* misunderstood the definition of 'coterminous'.
2.  Almost no club would regard their existence as coterminous with their registered entity.

Define 'club' in this context for me please.

TWFF here. Whether or not I misused the word coterminous is neither here nor there.
In 1899 RFC were incorporated and thus became indistinguishable from their corporate identity.
That club is now in liquidation.

The new club TRFC is owned and operated by Rangers International Football Club.

These are facts.

Kinc is flailing around embarrassing himself like a fish out of water, Mundell-like. Answer Monkey's question.

On 19/11/2018 at 07:27, Ranaldo Bairn said:

TWFF here. Whether or not I misused the word coterminous is neither here nor there.
In 1899 RFC were incorporated and thus became indistinguishable from their corporate identity.
That club is now in liquidation.

The new club TRFC is owned and operated by Rangers International Football Club.

These are facts.

Kinc is flailing around embarrassing himself like a fish out of water, Mundell-like. Answer Monkey's question.

Kinky has been expertly avoiding that question since a couple of months after rangers died. Good luck mate.

On 18/11/2018 at 21:58, The_Kincardine said:

Still utterly unable to define what you mean by "club" in the context of this discussion then Kincardine?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

They deid yet?
Depends if general Ashley remembered to bring the tanks.

Wee thought. If he diluted the shares to pay off the loans, brought himself under the concert party threshold, does he think it will all go away?
If he does dilute shares and he is to make the offer, the reduced value post dilution would probably mean a greater uptake of the offer. Strange position to put himself in

3 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Depends if general Ashley remembered to bring the tanks.

Wee thought. If he diluted the shares to pay off the loans, brought himself under the concert party threshold, does he think it will all go away?
If he does dilute shares and he is to make the offer, the reduced value post dilution would probably mean a greater uptake of the offer. Strange position to put himself in

True.  Twenty pence a share was a steal 6 months ago.  Now it's like winning a very small lottery.

18 minutes ago, muirkirk nil said:

Robertson: We cannot have a repeat to scenes after Celtic Park match

A disabled fan asks: “I was injured at the last Old Firm game as a result of the ‘thug like’ behaviour of the Celtic players. Can you comment?”

Stewart Robertson replies “Having seen the effects of what happened in September, players have a responsibility to be very careful about their reaction during and after games because every action can have a reaction.

“We cannot have a repeat of that (scenes at the end of the first Old Firm game). Players have to be conscious of what they are doing and we have to hope we don’t see a repeat of that - anywhere.”

:lol::lol::lol: 

The Rangers board blaming Celtic players for Rangers fans at Parkhead's behaviour leading to an injury on a disabled person :lol: 

If only they behaved like grown ups.