Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Strange administration :blink:

What with talk of missing millions hiding under the floorboard coupled with media rumours of dyed inthe wool Rangers millionaires banding together to flood cash into Ibrox or "investors"trying to cobble a consensus out of concerned others to cover their arses it's no wonder the administrators don't know whether to twist, stick or fold.

One wonders what the scales say re the long overdue reduction in wage bill v admin costs for example, anybody got a calculator?;)

Edited by LordHawHaw

Chickenfeed? Yeah right. As for what happens outside grounds, clubs obviously have no control over what happens on public property.

If the club had even the slightest desire to stamp it out then its easy enough to do. Security cameras identify these idiots at every home game - just remove their season tickets.

Obviously that's why they were "persuaded" not to try selling outside of Tynecastle and Dens Park so successfully. Remarkable!<_<

Police and the council tried to tackle it, with the support of the club, but unsuccessfully. You have to remember that similar people appear on TV in party political broadcasts, even Question Time, etc.

Edited by Bearwithme

No, the reason we all hate rangers and the other Sisters is that the clubs have actively attracted the type of people whose attitudes make decent fans ill. Findlay wasn't some Govan Stand ned, Neither was Goram. Gascoigne, ferchrissakes! Had it explained to him how some sensitive souls didn't appreciate the flute mime, so repeated it at the first opportunity! This whole "institution" was based on anti-catholic policies until the law made them pay lip-service to modernising their attitudes. I can't think of any other ground in Britain where players and fans are abused on the basis of which school they went to (apart from the obvious one across the city, that is). And no other ground where a player making the sign of the cross can be accused of "inciting" the crowd. This from idiots who profess to follow the same religion (that would be Christianity)

The sorry fact is that, while the fans' attitude is disgusting, the club encourages them to get steeped in the "history" and "tradition" of a club which has existed for over 100 years as a representation of religious hatred. The scum aren't just in the stands, they're in the boardroom and on the payroll. Always have been, and always will be until Duff & Duffer get their act together and put this dinosaur out of its misery.

KTID

I can accept that. I am not going to speak for that other mob but yes Rangers Football Club did actively encourage the behaviour you speak about. It is a stain that Rangers will have to live with for a long time yet...that is if we survive for a long time. I cant and wont even try and defend it..i cant excuse it and apologising for it achieves nothing. The damage has been done and it will take years of hard work to totally rid the club of the sort of supporter you speak about.

I have never tried to defend this side of the club and i don't know where we would be today without it..I am not sure if it made us stronger or weaker but i know we are a far better club now than we were 23 years ago. SDM took on the bigots and had some success. I am sure those old enough to know what the support was like in the 70s and 80s will agree we have moved on a great deal. Still along way to go and i just hope we have the oppotunity to do it.

Is Tomorrow going to bring anything dramatic ? I hope so. Main player redundicies please

I think it will probably happen fairly early. The press were told this morning there was going to be a statement today, so they must have had a fair idea what was going to happen, and a clearer idea on the money situation. They probably spent the day haggling over details, unless something came to light they weren't expecting.

Phil MacGiollaBhain @Pmacgiollabhain

Surely the Suave Billionaire did not sell off the famous club crest,design and copyright? No, I refuse to believe that one....This is a very troubling story. About a new logo being copyrighted to replace the old one being sold off. So I will refuse to believe it...No,no, I refuse to believe this story. Anyway had it been true then the Scottish daily newspaper would have ran with it in January.

^^^ This before the redundancies please laugh.gif

I can accept that. I am not going to speak for that other mob but yes Rangers Football Club did actively encourage the behaviour you speak about. It is a stain that Rangers will have to live with for a long time yet...that is if we survive for a long time. I cant and wont even try and defend it..i cant excuse it and apologising for it achieves nothing. The damage has been done and it will take years of hard work to totally rid the club of the sort of supporter you speak about.

I have never tried to defend this side of the club and i don't know where we would be today without it..I am not sure if it made us stronger or weaker but i know we are a far better club now than we were 23 years ago. SDM took on the bigots and had some success. I am sure those old enough to know what the support was like in the 70s and 80s will agree we have moved on a great deal. Still along way to go and i just hope we have the oppotunity to do it.

Uefa made you change, nobody else

The BBC investigation into Whyte where Alistair Johnstone said "theres a phrase around these parts, No surrender" only shows how indoctrinated bigotry it still is at all levels of Rangers, yet we are always told by Rangers that they were trying to do a lot to stamp it out, obviously that wasnt the case or someone like that would never have dared to say that, that he did, is just one of hundreds of reasons why they should be stamped out.

Ill feel sorry for the genuine Rangers supporter who is not a bigot and just supports his club the same way I do mine, but it will be worth it to stamp out these kind of guys if they did go to the wall.

If the club had even the slightest desire to stamp it out then its easy enough to do. Security cameras identify these idiots at every home game - just remove their season tickets.

Rangers have banned 700+ supporters for Sectarian / Offensive behaviour. I am not sure what number of those are season ticket holders but it would be a sizable amount.

Rangers do operate zero tolerance when it comes to this kind of behaviour and have been doing so for a number of years.

Uefa made you change, nobody else

Nonsense..Did UEFA make us stop the Annual Church Parade? Did they make us stop The Boys Brigade using the ground? Did they make us sack our vice Chairman for singing a Folk Song? and so on and so on.....

Rangers have banned 700+ supporters for Sectarian / Offensive behaviour. I am not sure what number of those are season ticket holders but it would be a sizable amount.

Rangers do operate zero tolerance when it comes to this kind of behaviour and have been doing so for a number of years.

Laughable.

Strange administration :blink:

What with talk of missing millions hiding under the floorboard coupled with media rumours of dyed inthe wool Rangers millionaires banding together to flood cash into Ibrox or "investors"trying to cobble a consensus out of concerned others to cover their arses it's no wonder the administrators don't know whether to twist, stick or fold.

One wonders what the scales say re the long overdue reduction in wage bill v admin costs for example, anybody got a calculator?;)

Seville or Manchester?

The BBC investigation into Whyte where Alistair Johnstone said "theres a phrase around these parts, No surrender" only shows how indoctrinated bigotry it still is at all levels of Rangers, yet we are always told by Rangers that they were trying to do a lot to stamp it out, obviously that wasnt the case or someone like that would never have dared to say that, that he did, is just one of hundreds of reasons why they should be stamped out.

Ill feel sorry for the genuine Rangers supporter who is not a bigot and just supports his club the same way I do mine, but it will be worth it to stamp out these kind of guys if they did go to the wall.

I've honestly never met one. The mask usually slips.

So what happened to zero tolerance at the last home game? I seem to remember hearing the bile for the full 90 minutes on the radio.

Really ? So i suppose everyone who sang 'whos the ****** in the black' against Killie will be getting Banned. It was the Majority of the stadium by the way. Not just a small section.

What i dont understand about Ticketus, Whyte said in his statement that he had made personal guarantees over the ticketus money, so i dont understand why if thats the case that they are getting their knickers in a twist about resolving things, if Whyte was telling the truth, he will owe them it anyway.

I fully appreciate that its not entirely unlikely that Whyte wasnt telling the truth dry.gif

What i dont understand about Ticketus, Whyte said in his statement that he had made personal guarantees over the ticketus money, so i dont understand why if thats the case that they are getting their knickers in a twist about resolving things, if Whyte was telling the truth, he will owe them it anyway.

I fully appreciate that its not entirely unlikely that Whyte wasnt telling the truth dry.gif