Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You know the one thing that really stands out? This thread is now approaching 3500 posts and I cannot remember one post from anybody showing a bit of sympathy to Rangers plight. I think that says it all about how the rest of us feel about such a great institution.

We know that journalists read this forum, if in fact some of them don't actually contribute themselves, yet the vast majority still tow the line that Rangers shouldn't be allowed to die. They are still so far out of touch it's almost bewildering.

Not all publications or blogs are so happy to see Rangers demise. The Edinburgh Journal today reported that for the good of Scottish Football Rangers survival is essential..."We are all Rangers now!"

This thread in particular is full of very angry young men. Some are very angry and very drunk. The indifferent and sober ones probably can't be arsed. I would not assume that the wailing and gnashing of teeth and anguished rantings that we witness on this site are necessarily representative of the population as whole many of whom will not have the slightest interest in whether Rangers survive or not.

Edited by MacWatt

Ticketus shitting themselves:

Ticketus has an obligation to its investors to pursue all avenues to ensure that the ticket purchase agreement it entered into with the Club is honoured, and we are committed to going to the lengths necessary to ensure that the future of the Club is preserved and its agreement with Ticketus fulfilled. We believe that our investors' interests are aligned to those looking to safeguard the Club's future.

We have already been in contact with a number of other key stakeholders, including potential bidders and fans' representatives, and believe working collaboratively with all parties to create a solution for the Club that puts it on a secure financial footing must be everyone's priority.

Ticketus looks forward to continuing to work with the administrators and serious potential bidders to secure a positive outcome for the Club.

Am I missing something here? Didn't Ticketus deal with Whyte (not rangers) through one of his other companies, and then he used the money to pay Lloyd's? By which I mean Ticketus never actually dealt with rangers as such, but with some dodgy "parent" company set up by Whyte purely for this deal. Sorry, chaps and chapesses, but it's all rolling around the inside of my napper now and messing with me synapses :blink:

Still think the longer Duff & Duffer keep schtum, the worse the news will be for rangers when an announcement finally comes - which means all the better for the rest of us! If the popcorn, jelly and icecream consumption continues like this, a few more clubs will have to make XXXXXL replica shirts!

KTID

Portsmouth have been laying off people left, right and centre, and today this.

Am I alone in wishing the Pompey admin team were in Govan?

I'm not so sure. Laying off so many staff suggests that they have at least been able to read the books, and need to slash costs. If we're really lucky, Duff and Phelps can't read Rangers' financial position and/or are simply a lost cause.

But I think Ben and Jerry's is half price in the Co-op at the moment.

But I think Ben and Jerry's is half price in the Co-op at the moment.

It is, I stay upstairs from one, my dessert and popcorn needs covered with a wee walk downstairs.

Pleasing

So Rangers have laid off two staff members and given no other info since going into admin.

Portsmouth have been laying off people left, right and centre, and today this.

Am I alone in wishing the Pompey admin team were in Govan?

HMRC went to court to block the appointment of Hacker Young as administrators to Portsmouth FC. Hacker Young were at the same time administrators for the parent company CSI and they had had previous roles with the various Portsmouth Football Clubs. This it was argued would present issues of conflict. PKF was appointed instead.

Now given Duff & Phelps had a prior relationship with Rangers Directors this adds grist to the mill of those who are questioning how effective D&F areat reducing Rangers outgoings in the best interest of the creditors.

Edited by MacWatt

BBC say they have options.

Axe so many players and a pay defferal for those left. IF they have enough to pay in the end.

10 miilion to see out the season with a 4.5 mil shortfall?

Doesn't add up does it.

Jeez, 10 mil would pay of Killie's debt with change for a player maybe.

I think they are in serious shit.

BBC say they have options.

Axe so many players and a pay defferal for those left. IF they have enough to pay in the end.

10 miilion to see out the season with a 4.5 mil shortfall?

Doesn't add up does it.

Jeez, 10 mil would pay of Killie's debt with change for a player maybe.

I think they are in serious shit.

10 mill BEFORE decision on the big tax case. I can't make my mind up on whether the revenue's delay is making this funnier or not.

You know the one thing that really stands out? This thread is now approaching 3500 posts and I cannot remember one post from anybody showing a bit of sympathy to Rangers plight. I think that says it all about how the rest of us feel about such a great institution.

We know that journalists read this forum, if in fact some of them don't actually contribute themselves, yet the vast majority still tow the line that Rangers shouldn't be allowed to die. They are still so far out of touch it's almost bewildering.

3,500 and very few if any from Rangers posters.

138 pages of ill informed gibberish

The 1 thing that stands out is all those who claim not to give Rangers a 2nd thought seem to be getting a wee tad excited

Not all publications or blogs are so happy to see Rangers demise. The Edinburgh Journal today reported that for the good of Scottish Football Rangers survival is essential..."We are all Rangers now!"

This thread in particular is full of very angry young men. Some are very angry and very drunk. The indifferent and sober ones probably can't be arsed. I would not assume that the wailing and gnashing of teeth and anguished rantings that we witness on this site are necessarily representative of the population as whole many of whom will not have the slightest interest in whether Rangers survive or not.

I am a happy and sober young woman. No anger or drunkenness required, this ongoing pantomime is entertainment enough.

I was verging on anger when I got in from a five hour news blackout just now to find out they're not dead yet, but I'm back to happy now having read through what I missed on this thread :D Now I get to listen to Jackson & Gray and my evening may be about to get even better.

The 1 thing that stands out is all those who claim not to give Rangers a 2nd thought seem to be getting a wee tad excited

it isnt excitement mate! Its pure ecstasy at the possible death of your despicable club. Halleleujah!!

Paybacks a bitch.