Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Friday, 01 June 2012 21:52

The Rangers Supporters Trust Board is calling on Stewart Regan to resign after he favoured a tweet which threatened Rangers Midfielder Lee McCulloch:

"In the image provided you will see a rival fan post "I might try to find a vid to painstakingly review again...& I'd cheerfully see him hung" in conversation that started off with another fan gleefully state he would like Lee McCulloch sent off where Regan has been tweeted in.

Stewart Regan subsequently hit favourite on this tweet: http://i49.tinypic.com/2v9r7mh.jpg

This is a disgraceful gesture from Stewart Regan which exposes his real attitude towards Rangers Football Club.

It really smacks of incompetence for the SFA Chief Executive to encourage threatening tweets at the same time the authorities are trying to clamp down on threatening behaviour online.

Stewart Regan should be leading by example rather than being a cheer leader for threatening and intimidating behaviour and his position is now untenable.

Rangers supporters' confidence in Stewart Regan has been diminishing for some time given his failure to address the constant singling out of referees in the final third of last season and the obstructive and difficult position he has taken during Rangers current administration process. But this is the last straw and Stewart Regan must pack his bags and go."

The Rangers Supporters Trust Board is calling on Stewart Regan to resign after he favoured a tweet which threatened Rangers Midfielder Lee McCulloch:

"In the image provided you will see a rival fan post "I might try to find a vid to painstakingly review again...& I'd cheerfully see him hung" in conversation that started off with another fan gleefully state he would like Lee McCulloch sent off where Regan has been tweeted in.

Stewart Regan subsequently hit favourite on this tweet: http://i49.tinypic.com/2v9r7mh.jpg

This is a disgraceful gesture from Stewart Regan which exposes his real attitude towards Rangers Football Club.

It really smacks of incompetence for the SFA Chief Executive to encourage threatening tweets at the same time the authorities are trying to clamp down on threatening behaviour online.

Stewart Regan should be leading by example rather than being a cheer leader for threatening and intimidating behaviour and his position is now untenable.

Rangers supporters' confidence in Stewart Regan has been diminishing for some time given his failure to address the constant singling out of referees in the final third of last season and the obstructive and difficult position he has taken during Rangers current administration process. But this is the last straw and Stewart Regan must pack his bags and go."

I read that last night. Laughable.

Especially when flute band music is blaring from the car stereo.

One of the first things my wife did was throw them all out...I do have the Erskine appeall Penny Arcade cd :P

I read that last night. Laughable.

Laughable??? Are you for real?? He has also tweeted sectarian slurs on Rangers and their support in the past. His position is surely untenable after this!!

An interesting point was made in Sportsound today. The SPL Clubs did not come up with any sanctions or anything else to do with a Newco. Indeed Mr Doncaster himself said they were not expecting a Newco application as they had been led to believe that a CVA would be accepted. ie the SPL have NO rules for a Newco.

If they had approved sanctions then by association they would be accepting a Newco. By not agreeing sanctions then the concept of a Newco is still to be accepted and is NOT in the SPL rules. Are the SPL really playing a blinder?

It allows them to hammer rangers without defaulting the same punishment upon themselves if they end up in the same position.

Although it can work both ways i doubt any other team (apart from celtic :lol: ) would be treated as severely as rangers.

He is not claiming to be superior..He is just pointing out that he has been correct at every turn. Posters on here seem to be under some illusion that they are fighting for truth and justice when in reality most when pushed have openly admitted they couldn't care about the rights and wrongs but just want Rangers dead and then Celtic dead after that.

Pie and Bovril is representative of only a tiny minority who follow scottish football. I meet football supporters on a daily basis and i have yet to meet one that wants Rangers dead and buried...Then again they might just be shitebags that like to spout utter pish on the internet as they are afraid of their own shadow in the real world

Bit harsh, I think.

A lot of fans have indicated to their clubs/chairmen that they will not renew season tickets if a newco is allowed to be parachuted into the SPL. The reason for the anger is the thought of Rangers possibly remaining unpunished.

IMO, the last remnants of sporting integrity will have gone if that happens. There is no doubt that Scottish football without the OF would be poorer financially but richer in terms of the increased competition and healthier for the massive reduction in bigotry and hatred.

Laughable??? Are you for real?? He has also tweeted sectarian slurs on Rangers and their support in the past. His position is surely untenable after this!!

Tell you what, if you convince Ogilvie to resign at the same time, You'd find little resistance to your point, but one without the other, no deal

Aye really terrible. Think mibbee the RFFF should take the CEO of the SFA to court over this.

As someone who is not on twits,

Gonna just c&p the drivel for us "less fortunates!"

Ta.

I'll need some proof of the sectarian slurs on Rangers, because it sounds like typical Rangers fan bullshit. I follow him and don't remember any. He claims to have saved it in case the police decided to take action, which seems reasonable to me - though I didn't think the actual tweet was prosecutable anyway.

Even if Regan was pro-Celtic, he'd hardly go about advertising the fact by doing stuff like that.

Lord Glennies judgement:

"Although the AT agreed with the JP that termination, suspension of membership would have been excessive, it made that assessment in the context of the availability of competent lesser sanctions such as the one actually imposed. Ere that option not to have been available, suspension might have had to be considered appropriate for such serious misconduct which has brought the game into disrepute."

I now think Rangers are so screwed.

I agreed no such thing.

Kill the f''kers!

I'm genuinely astonished that only now people are beginning to see TSAR has leanings towards the blue bigots.

This is the same TSAR who lectured us, like he was the greatest legal expert in the world, about how the mighty Sion and the Swiss courts were going to send Michel Platini to prison and legislate UEFA out of existence? Didn't this have something to do with Sellick or does my memory play tricks with me? :D

Naw! Can't be a bleunose as everyone knows that they want their Kaflick cousins to do well in Europe because Scottish football can't survive without both halves of the OF doing well. :lol:

Just a big fat :lol:

How about substituting regan for Mccoist, Jardine or any of the RM,FF orcs and you'vegot a point.