Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They'll be lucky to get even that considering their support collapsed to 5000 at one stage in the 80s because Aberdeen were winning everything and the spoilt brats couldn't take it. How many do you realistically think would bother with them down in the basement?

Not sure but I think a seige mentality would give them a sufficient hard core support to comfortably rise in three consecutive seasons. A few Ranjurs minded players (a Lee McCulloch for example) who agree to play for peanuts and help them rise from the bottom would give them a significant advantage also. There not going to get 50000 but to think that they wouldn't be the biggest team in the lower divisions would be naive IMHO.

I forgot about Livi, using them as an example they'll probably be fine until the First Division. In the First I can't see it being so straightforward as the only real money coming in will be from the spectators and the only reason that the Killie and Hearts games have sold out is because they have went into administration and the fans think that it shows their dedication to the cause if the rock up to Ibrox.

Rangers would have so much more resources than any other First Division club. I'd think that it would be a pretty safe bet that in that scenario Rangers would have more season ticket holders than the average attendence of any other club in the league.

Rangers would have so much more resources than any other First Division club. I'd think that it would be a pretty safe bet that in that scenario Rangers would have more season ticket holders than the average attendence of any other club in the league.

Don't you mean Ticketus will have more season tickets!!! What I'm looking forward to is seeing Ally McCoist speaking on BBC after the Scottish Cup 1st round talking about how the club are looking forward to a nice cup run to help with club finances!

I don't think Ticketus would be due any season tickets from a newco.

It might depend on what securities Ticketus have over RFC assets, for all we know just now, they might end up owners of Ibrox!

Edited by statts1976uk

You're somewhat under-estimating even with the £700k because the SPL still has operating costs and payments to make to SFL (which would go down as it's index-linked but would still be notable)... however, even if we worked on a basis of £700k lost per club in prizemoney, that's a huge wedge out of smaller clubs turnovers and wage funds. Hence their twitchyness.

We don't know what Sky-ESPN would offer if Rangers went, but it'd be a fraction of £13M. Naming rights are up for renewal next year. Rangers also take bigger travelling supports.

That's why a lot of other SPL clubs, especially ones servicing bank debts, are probably sweating perfusely.

It's purely back of a beer mat stuff I agree but I still feel that the sums involved show that it's nonsense about us needing an OF to survive. Some clubs will need to have a lean few years to get their budgets in line but there is no reason at all why life without the bigot brothers is not feasible. In fact it's essential for Scottish football to survive.

However the small minded, short sighted Chairmen will simply take the easy way out and ensure Rangers 1690 will be back in the SPL with minimum delay, normal service resumed and a few more nails knocked in the game's coffin.

Listening to Billy Dodds, satsuma Calderwood & Chic Young on Sportsound. What a series of cliches. Talking about a rainbow over Ibrox as a sign. They have NO idea about the business side, which of course doesn't stop them talking about it.

So bad, there has been more intelligent comment on Pie & Bovril than we are getting from these clowns. Honest, they are that bad. laugh.gif

Edited by thelegendthatis

Of course a Rangers in the third will have less fans but Livi breezed through the lower leagues with a much lesser backing.

true but livi didnt have to pay to maintain a facilty the size of or complexityof ibrox and the staff required to operate it...the day to day running costs for a facilty of that size have been completely forgotten by a lot of people and again the point stands that there will be no credit facility from the bank therefore the costs will have to met in a sustainable way. the idea that there will be 20000 fans in the 4th tier is just a nonsense...they barely made that in the 80s in the top tier. dunno what the min required attendance would be just for running costs, but i imagine that there must a critical mass figure ( bear in mind ticket costs would have to be lower commensurate with league position ) before they can even think about playing staff. this is all assuming that murray park will be punted so that they dont have to worry about its running costs as well.

So bad, there has been more intelligent comment on Pie & Bovril than we are getting from these clowns. Honest, they are that bad. laugh.gif

I don't know why you disparage pieandbovril.

It's the best and most informed forum for news and debate in Scotland, on any number of issues, including this one.

Guy on Clyde 1 SSB "We`ll buy a 3rd Division club & then move them to England"

laugh.gif these guys are fucking hilarious!

Who is the 'we'

If they are liquidated there is nothing, no 'we' nowt.

Fucking mugs.laugh.gif