Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Much of this has been great. In fact, even in my really weird fantastic dreams in years gone by I never thought we'd get to here.

But what has really happened? Some cheapskate charlatan has bought a multi million pound franchise for about a tenth of what its worth. All debts and legal recourse has now been dodged (its now a new company). There will be some further slaps on the wrists, but fast forward 5 years and nothing will have changed. Rangers / Celtic will still win 1/2 in all competitions. With the odd little scrap on the side for the diddy teams once every couple of years. "The Rangers" will play out of Ibrox probably with Sally as manager and olde saint Walter on the board. The team will play in blue. The songs will still be the same. Seriously - what is the point? I know I'm in Oz at the moment, but I had season ticket at Tannadice for many years and currently have Setanta subscription which will be getting cancelled after the Euros if what I expect occurs.

And whats going to do it? Its not HMRC. Or the Police. Or the Media. Or dodgy financial sharks. Its a group of 10 scared chairmen who will think they are "hammering rangers hard" with some rubbish fines, and splits of revenue - that in 3 year will be irrelevant. The game will die for a generation if not for good in the months to come. There will be a shell of a "competition" left. What is the point competing in something that is institutionally rigged against you? All you are is cannon fodder. f**k that. As they say, better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

I have been giving this a little thought this morning. It stinks to high heaven. I know it stinks and everybody knows it has been a stitch up. I am not proud to support this club right now. I'll go further i am actually ashamed at what has gone on there. I am disgusted that the people at the top of the club got away with it for so long.

Firstly it is just plain wrong to be able to walk away from the amount of debt Rangers have. I understand this happens in the business world but it doesn't make it any more palatable.

I have wondered for a while why would Craig Whyte simply run the club into the ground? What was his plan? Murray hands the club to Whyte...Whyte does the dirty work..He calls in the Administrators he wants...they then keep it out of Paul Murrays hands and give it over to Charles Green...He looks like deliberately making 100% his CVA is rejected and buys the assets back for £5.5 million. Then onto the scene comes Walter Smith, Jim McColl and Douglas Park who will buy the club back for under £10 million totally debt free.

This morning i should be jumping for joy. The Real Rangers men the whole support wanted right from the start look like getting control of the club. It looks like we will be in better financial state than we have been in years but it is a hollow victory. It looks to me that those running the club have lied and cheated just about everybody including their own support and it leaves me feeling sick.....Or maybe that is the hang over i have!! :(

I said in an earlier post that Rangers fans are being brainwashed......once again my friend you are proving to be the exception to that rule.You have proved undoubtedly that you are a true Rangers fan,but also proved that you are not at all happy with what these people are doing at the moment.I just wish there were more bears like you,ones that don't have the blinkers on.

I am fully expectant to see Robert Vaughn and his Hustle buddies taking notes from this ;),as even they couldn't come up with a better hustle like Watty and co are trying to pull off.

Greenie was supplied :D

Ive got one for you, Just say hypothetically that the cheats are let back in to the SPL because certain clubs voted them back in.

Then something dreadful happened, the bus crashed. the plane crashed, the majority of the team died or got injured and the remaining team got relegated, or they get back in, play with youth players and still get relegated ?

Are the SPL/SFA going to let them stay in league even though they got relegated because certain clubs need the money ?

Not only have the brought the game into disrepute but they have left a void where "didddy" clubs are left in an awkward position with choosing money over morals and having to do it all in a short space of time ?

Dear Cockwomble,

If Newco 2012 want in the league because they are actually Rangers then they need to be punished for the dual contracts. If not then there are 11 teams currently in the SPL and Dundee need to get ready for next year's SPL fixtures. Either way please go and f**k yourself for your utter incompetence thus far.

Of course it's all been a con, smith and mccoll waiting in the wings is no coincidence. Wouldn't surprise me if Murray is back as well, I mean who the hell sells something for a pound.

Murray's original price for the club was £6m. Then the "wee" tax case popped up and so Murray waived the £6m fee. This effectively gave Whyte more than enough to pay the wee tax case bill - which Whyte didn't do of course.

So, 3 months later and Doncaster still hasn't confirmed if there is a prima facia case to answer? Either Doncaster doesn't understand the meaning of "prima facia" or he hasn't been entirely truthful with his press releases. Which is it?

but they have left a void where "didddy" clubs are left in an awkward position

If there is a void (and actually there isn't) it will be of each diddies creation. Rangers1872/2012 aren't (for once) to blame for any lack of integrity on the part of other chairman

Why you smiling? To me this says, welcome back with a slap on the wrists.

Which is it to be - some folk on here are saying Rangers are dead, they are no more, history is gone, they no longer exist and the newco is a completely new team. Then on the other hand there is outrage that the newco are not inheriting punishments that should be handed out to the 'old' Rangers. Going by the former, why the hell should a newco be punished for something which was carried out by a completely different entity when the newco never even existed!

FFS make up your mind!