Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Here's a few suggestions:

Cvnts.

Cheats

Cheating Cvnts

Thieves

Thieving Cvnts

Criminals

Criminal Cvnts

Knuckledraggers

Knuckledragging Cvnts

(Not proud of myself, but wit and subtlety is wasted on orcs, anyhoo)

I've picked up on an earlier suggestion and frrom now on I'll be referring to them as t'Rangers.

What is Cockwomble all about if this is true:-

Andy M @ Scotzine ‏@scotzine

The SPL put their investigation on hold - why is that then? Cover up? Hoping it goes away? Influence from the top?

Colin Paterson ‏@CP_acadvertiser

There is no reason for the SPL to halt its investigation into the Rangers issue of dual contracts. It's a nonsense.

[

snapback.pngHappy Buddie, on 15 June 2012 - 11:55, said:

Being pedantic, again, but why should a team called Rangers (cos TTFKAR is deid) be included in the SPL fixture list, when issued. The team which was Rangers no longer exists, therefore logically, can't participate, and no other team with Rangers in their name is a member of the SPL, so the Fixture List must be issued with Team X as the 12th team.

Can't believe this, agreeing once again with a buddie

You are absolutely correct and something I hadn't thought of.

How on earth can a fixture list be produced to include a team that is not in existence ?

Obviously the SPL/SFA don't have the bollox to acknowledge that Rangers are dead - total insanity to include the Zombies in a new fixture list.

They'll have to stick their heads above the parapet shortly, but no doubt good old Spencie will be on their tails

The oldco Rangers are not dead yet and still have an SPL license and have not been demoted either ! so next seasons fixture list will include the oldco till matters have been resolved before the new season starts I'd have thought to avoid delays.Giving the length of time to resolve it they will surely include the newco for the new season and Dundee will be in the 1st division because of some pitiful excuse like "It's too late to promote Dundee as they are not prepared for SPL football and have sold season tickets for the 1st division fixtures already"

True but this is not a matter of sports rules it is a matter of law. The taxman has already said that newco Rangers cannot be pursued by the law for the wrongdoings of the oldco.

We have already seen in this saga that the law of the land supercedes footballing rules and regulations. Why should this be any different?

If t'Rangers are admitted to the SPL then they have gotten there through no sporting achievement and have qualified through being no more than a financial pull. More importantly, they will not face sanctions.

Rangers set the bar by going to the CoS now their successor must also abide by the law of the land. A couple of phrases I have found myself using throughout this thread are "be careful what you wish for" and "you can't have it both ways" both seem quite apt in this situation.

Its entirely a matter of sports law. We're talking about the membership of, effectively, a private members club. The SPL and SFA both have it in their power to transfer the membership from one company to another. In footballing terms, it would be the same club

And the dynamic's actually a Mexican standoff in some respects, since you have to add-in the fact that they wouldn't want to accept they're a new club (no sanctions but no history) yet then lose the SPL share transfer vote anyway.

I think the SFA membership is more critical, to be honest. The SPL share is simply an agreement allowing clubs to participate in the SPL. The relegated club each year gives up its share and it is passed to the promoted club. The relegated club doesnt then cease to exist, or become a different entity. If the SPL vote no to the newco, but the SFA agree to transfer membership, then the footballing entity remains, just not playing in the SPL.

The oldco Rangers are not dead yet and still have an SPL license and have not been demoted either ! so next seasons fixture list will include the oldco till matters have been resolved before the new season starts I'd have thought to avoid delays.Giving the length of time to resolve it they will surely include the newco for the new season and Dundee will be in the 1st division because of some pitiful excuse like "It's too late to promote Dundee as they are not prepared for SPL football and have sold season tickets for the 1st division fixtures already"

Although as it stands neither the oldco or newco can't fulfil the SPL fixtures and it could stay like that for a number of weeks.

IMO the longer they take in making a decision the better chance they are giving Sevco FC of getting back into the SPL.

I have some tweets from Gregory Ioannidis, a sports lawyer, he states that new Rangers are not old Rangers and that placing sanctions against them is contrary to national law, we saw how that went down last time.

I believe that a newco Rangers should not be allowed back in to the SPL because they would not face any sanctions and this would be true for any newco in the future. If clubs are as close to administration as has been reported then we are going to see newcos springing up left right and centre over the next few seasons. There is no way that the SPl should be sanctioning this method of cheating.

I would hope that you could share this info around all of the SPL supporters trusts.

Gregory Ioannidis @LawTop20

@Paulmcc12 @evanjhenderson @mdkster Just to help: SPL may vote to apply sanctions to NewCo but it would be in violation of national law

The 'transfer' of the OldCo's liabilities to the NewCo, would mean a serious violation of the separate corporate personality principle.

It is impossible to punish New Rangers for the sins of Old Rangers. Two different entities unrelated to each other

There is no dispute that Old RFC is dead. The new one starts afresh. New VAT Number, new name, new badge, new history. All facts.

This is a valid legal opinion and everything else to the contrary that has been reported it is utter nonsense.

It is also apparent that if Rangers (the) are a brand new entity then they have not earned their place in the SPL they should start at the bottom as ICT did in 1994. They have no history and have to go through the correct channels.

I sent this mail to a contact in the ICT supporters trust and copied in Kenny Cameron (ICT chairman) regardless of how accurate you believe Gregory Ioannidis to be I think all chairmen and supporters groups should be made aware of his thoughts just so they can at least check it out for themselves.

Don't forget it was Rangers who set the rules by going to the law courts we do not want to see another fvck up like the last time, the parties involved need as much info as they can get.

Get emailing guys.

If St Mirren's CiC is pushed through in time, then they are as good as a confirmed no vote.

Celtic and Aberdeen have publically commited to the no vote.

I have a feeling Rod will vote no too. He knows his popularity is an at all time low, plus we are the club who benefits least from Rangers visiting (1500 or something higher than average gate).

They'd need everybody else to back them. Squeeky.

another person with a strange idea of the concept of history.

:lol:

Perhaps he should have said separate history but he would be correct in the manner that it is a new history seeing as how the new club are nothing to do with the old club.

You are the poster on here who was most hung up about the law when it suited your *other* club's agenda. The tax man has stated that the old club are an entirely separate entity to the new club and cannot be pursued legally for the wrong doings of the old club ie that history is nothing to do with the new club, how can you be claiming now that the new club are anything to do with the new club when the law of the land states otherwise?

Found this on Wikipedia:

Ranger danger

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Ranger danger describes the danger to Scottish football presented by Rangers. The phrase is intended to sum up the danger associated with Rangers whom football fans know to be cheating b*stards. The phrase has found widespread usage and many football fans will hear it (or similar advice) during their lives. Many books, films and public service announcements have been devoted to helping football fans remember this advice. The concept has been criticised by Rangers fans for ignoring the fact that most cheating was not done by 'Rangers people', but rather someone called Craig Whyte.

Common examples

• "Don't talk to Rangers"
  • "Don't tell anyone you don't support Rangers or you'll be branded a Tarrier"
  • "Don't let Rangers touch your food or drink - well, you saw that walrus-like big hoose guy"
  • "Don't help Rangers" (they'll only appeal to the CoS and make you look like a fanny)
  • "Don't let Rangers touch your face" (?okay, whatever)
  • "If someone comes on all cheating, complain to your club chairman"

post-37996-0-05430500-1339778895_thumb.j

There seems to be alot said about The not being in Europe for 3 years. There is also the possibility that The might not be in Europe for 5 years. There are absolutely no guarantees that they would be spl winners, runners up blahdeblah. There's no money to be made from Scottish football. Ploughing £20m into a team that might not see past a qualifying round on the income of x amount for season is one of the reasons that these cretins ended up in this position in the first place. The Rangers have been, are and always will be a bunch of cheating canutes!!!!

Are two more SPL sides going to copy The Rangers:-

Gregory Ioannidis ‏@LawTop20

Have a good weekend all. Off to advise two clubs in the northern part of the UK on an important & unusual sports law matter.

It has been mentioned that two other SPL sides are watching what happens to Rangers and could go down the same route.

Are two more SPL sides going to copy The Rangers:-

Gregory Ioannidis ‏@LawTop20

Have a good weekend all. Off to advise two clubs in the northern part of the UK on an important & unusual sports law matter.

It has been mentioned that two other SPL sides are watching what happens to Rangers and could go down the same route.

I think you might be reading too much into this but if it was the case that other clubs are considering this action then that is the number one reason t'Rangers should not be admitted to the SPL.

Why can't people get this right? It is not a UEFA ban, the club do not meet the required criteria to enter European competition they are NOT banned.

Is it an "embargo", then?

They're not too keen on "embargoes", might be better letting them think it's a "ban".

Mischeif making but lets guess anyway, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen.

Edited by Broccoli Dog