Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Really? Since when were Arbroath not involved in Scottish football?

I clearly said in that post that on the sporting side, Rangers need to be punished. However, there is nothing to be gained further on the financial side. The taxman has won. From a football perspective, case closed on that score. All that is left is the sporting penalties. I mean if it comes out that Walter Smith received millions in EBTs, then so what? What does that change?

No, the club should be hit with sporting sanctions, but when it comes to EBTs and tax etc. Then the taxman is taking care of all that by pursuing the individuals responsible.

It would mean he was colluding in systematic cheating over a number of years. It would also blow his "I'm only a football man" pish out the water.

What a steaming pile of shite that post is.

It would mean he was colluding in systematic cheating over a number of years. It would also blow his "I'm only a football man" pish out the water.

What a steaming pile of shite that post is.

exactly what I said to a certain poster on here and never got a replylaugh.giflaugh.gif

Which years? As pointed out, Smith and McCoist left really before the EBT scheme kicked off, and returned right near the end. As I said, if he said he didnt do anything ,people like you would never believe him. If he did receive money, it hardly means he was "colluding" ,it means he was one of 80. That sort of investigation is for HMRC to do, it is irrelevant to the future of Rangers.

Can you not read my posts?

Yes. And so Rangers need to be hit with sporting sanctions for this. Ive said this twice today.

However, so what if Walter Smith received EBT money? What does that change. It just makes him one of 80+. It really, really isnt a big deal. Even if he did, then like Dodds, he can simply point out that he himself didnt do anything wrong in receiving it. Its the people who ran the scheme that need to pay, and HMRC is dealing with that. If Smith comes out and said he never received any, then those that think he did wont believe him, and his fans didnt care anyway. If he comes out and said he did, then his fans didnt care anyway, and those that think he did won't change their views. Its a complete non issue imo.

He may not have did anything wrong in receiving an EBT but the money was a loan that at some point has to be paid back. If it isn't then it is seen as a deliberate attempt to avoid paying tax, and saying that you weren't aware of this is really just a cop out that the authorities won't swallow.

If I ran a company and had to call in the liquidator they would want to know what assets I had. If I said to them that I had given a couple of £1000 loans to my employees, don't you think they would be wanting that money? Or do you think they would just say to forget it?

If rankers 2.0 want to keep their history etc, then they have to accept they are liable for what rankers 1.0 did.

What's the betting Club 12 will be scheduled to play Celtic some time between Christmas and New Year?

And will these games have to be played on a Sunday before 12.30 as fans of either team can't be trusted not to turn up ****ed and create trouble?

This is one of the things that I can't get over the MSM not commenting on - imagine if Hearts v Hibs, Rath v Pars, Dees v Arabs etc were such powderkegs of bad behaviour that they couldn't be held at 3pm on a Saturday? The clubs would be disciplined and told to get their act together of face suspension.

Strange its never happened to the OF, eh?

Which years? As pointed out, Smith and McCoist left really before the EBT scheme kicked off, and returned right near the end. As I said, if he said he didnt do anything ,people like you would never believe him. If he did receive money, it hardly means he was "colluding" ,it means he was one of 80. That sort of investigation is for HMRC to do, it is irrelevant to the future of Rangers.

Rangers don't have a future. They're pan breid'.

'Club 12' are fighting to get off the ground and start afresh.

Never forget this.

If rankers 2.0 want to keep their history etc, then they have to accept they are liable for what rankers 1.0 did.

This is what Rangers fans want everyone to believe

The Newco, is the same club with the history, but none of the cheating and debts

They really do have some brass neck.

Rangers are lying in the morgue, remember.

The question now is, which company the share is transferred to? Is it The company behind Dundee, Dunfermline or a company that is borne from the carcass of a cheating and bigoted institution that has left the reputation of the SFA and SPL in tatters.

Fairly simple really.

Sounds like the biggest cop out in history.

Let me take a mad stab at what might happen.

Rangers will go to SPL2 to allow them entry back into the big league asap. SFA will go for a top league of 10 as the SPL(read Old Firm) have been wanting since they started to reorganise to ensure the Old Firm maximised their revenue.

Rangers don't get investigated further, will accept their slap on the wrist and we will be back to the big two with their voting rights intact and all the TV revenue and sponsorship being channelled straight back into the Old Firm.

A pyramid system to keep the fans onside but under the bonnet virtually no change. It will be a pyramid system with all the cash going to the top two teams aka the old firm. Whilst Doncaster will probably become SFA spokesman as his reward for the stitch up.

Borrowing someone else's words this is clearly appeasement and should be about reparations. Stitch up disguised as reformation.

I can understand why you might have doubts and even why you are cynical about what`s to happen but what have you HEARD that suggests it`s the biggest cop out in history. I have`nt heard anything other than the SFA are stepping in because of the SPL`s incompetence. I take it you at least agree with the sentiment. Let`s keep an open mind until the SFA proposals are made public which , given the timescales involved, must be very soon.

And will these games have to be played on a Sunday before 12.30 as fans of either team can't be trusted not to turn up ****ed and create trouble?

This is one of the things that I can't get over the MSM not commenting on - imagine if Hearts v Hibs, Rath v Pars, Dees v Arabs etc were such powderkegs of bad behaviour that they couldn't be held at 3pm on a Saturday? The clubs would be disciplined and told to get their act together of face suspension.

Strange its never happened to the OF, eh?

In fairness, Rangers v Celtic games are always on the telly, and in the UK broadcasters are prohibited from showing games at 3pm on a Saturday.

I'm still hoping it's even worse than that in the case of Souness and Smith, Secret payments made many years after they left the club to facilitate player transfers between Rangers and Everton/Blackburn/Newcastle etc. Effectively bribery and money laundering, as well as tax evasion. Probably nonsense, but if Leggo can do it....

I'd like someone to check if jim farry ever received a fat EBT from the ****.

In fairness, Rangers v Celtic games are always on the telly, and in the UK broadcasters are prohibited from showing games at 3pm on a Saturday.

Were, Gaz, were.........

Were always on the telly. Not 'are always on the telly'. Past tense is required and it's up to us diddies to never, ever, let any Club12 fans forget their place. Should they have a place that is.

Really? Since when were Arbroath not involved in Scottish football?

I clearly said in that post that on the sporting side, Rangers need to be punished. However, there is nothing to be gained further on the financial side. The taxman has won. From a football perspective, case closed on that score. All that is left is the sporting penalties. I mean if it comes out that Walter Smith received millions in EBTs, then so what? What does that change?

No, the club should be hit with sporting sanctions, but when it comes to EBTs and tax etc. Then the taxman is taking care of all that by pursuing the individuals responsible.

I think the biggest question to be asked if he received an EBT payment would be when was he paid, while at Rangers or when managing Scotland or Everton? If it turns out to be something like the Souness payments then there are serious questions to be asked as to why Smith was paid by his ex employer long after he was employed by them

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

The Mail on Sunday says the taxman ARE going after those who had EBTs rather than the dead club. Getting a tax demand for say £50k + would put the frighteners on anyone.

If as Billy Dodds says that he was told all tax was paid on his EBT before he got it, where did the tax money go?

Been making this point for a couple of months now, everyone is responsible for their tax ignorance or bad advise is no argument, we could see about a 100 tax dodging currents getting done :) ,,,fed up hearing the stupid ...it's up to the company to use them right ,crap.