Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Were always on the telly. Not 'are always on the telly'. Past tense is required and it's up to us diddies to never, ever, let any Club12 fans forget their place. Should they have a place that is.

"The first rule of Club12 is you do not talk about Club12. The second rule of Club12 is....you do not talk about Club12" - Brad Pitt

Spence is of course entitled to call for whatever sanctions he wants against Rangers and to criticise the club and fans if he wants. But it's interesting to compare it to some of the things he said about dundee and Dundee fans when Dundee got a points deduction after going into administration for the second time:

"Dundee penalty is misguided and disproportionate".

"The Dark Blues, who carry the biggest away support in the First Division, are contemplating a boycott of away games and it's understandable considering how they've been treated. With Dundee fighting for their very existence, their fans have been royally shafted - once by their own board, and now by the SFL board.

It wasn't the fans who didn't pay the tax bill, but they're the ones who stand to lose their club.

Because make no mistake, Dundee FC are very close to going out of business, and it wasn't the fans that put them in that position."

"If clubs are to be hammered for relying on a benefactor as Dundee did, then a lot of clubs will be twitching nervously. In Dundee's case such a benefactor who seemed to be the real deal let them down badly."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jimspence/2010/11/dundee_punishment_is_misguided.html

So we should just make up the rules as we go along? That's what certain people and organisations are trying to do to keep Rangers in the SPL.

They seem to keep forgetting that these rules are supposed to be a deterrent to all clubs pulling a fast 1, not a get out of jail free card for Rangers.

Already the next club to go into administration will be raging as the administrators raid the club. Not the SPL or SFA's fault but you see my point.

Do we draw up a different set of rules for the old firm because they are too valuable to lose?

That seems a strange response to my post. There is nothing I have said to suggest this. Rangers should not get into the SPL, should have to start in division 3 assuming the SFL think their application is better than any others, should inherit the signing ban from the oldco AND should pay the price for any punishment that comes about from the EBT investigation.

If all that happens then Rangers will start with a clean record on this matter. (Doesn't mean we need to like the bigotted orcs in future).

Spence is of course entitled to call for whatever sanctions he wants against Rangers and to criticise the club and fans if he wants. But it's interesting to compare it to some of the things he said about dundee and Dundee fans when Dundee got a points deduction after going into administration for the second time:

"Dundee penalty is misguided and disproportionate".

"The Dark Blues, who carry the biggest away support in the First Division, are contemplating a boycott of away games and it's understandable considering how they've been treated. With Dundee fighting for their very existence, their fans have been royally shafted - once by their own board, and now by the SFL board.

It wasn't the fans who didn't pay the tax bill, but they're the ones who stand to lose their club.

Because make no mistake, Dundee FC are very close to going out of business, and it wasn't the fans that put them in that position."

"If clubs are to be hammered for relying on a benefactor as Dundee did, then a lot of clubs will be twitching nervously. In Dundee's case such a benefactor who seemed to be the real deal let them down badly."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jimspence/2010/11/dundee_punishment_is_misguided.html

Correct. Some of the shite he spouted when Dundee went into administration was dreadful. They agreed a CVA, though. This debate is now a lightyear away from that with Rangers being liquidated.

So we should just make up the rules as we go along? That's what certain people and organisations are trying to do to keep Rangers in the SPL.

I think that all this shit has got the lot. SFA, SPL and SFL totally rewriting rule books.

Lets face it. This shambles only came to a head because one of our "most prestigious" clubs was found out.

P&B backs Spencey!!! Give me a greeny to show your support!!!!! :D

laugh.gif I put out a tweet saying "Show some support for one of the few journo's with a backbone,@bbcjimspence as he gets the expected grief from the moronic fans of dead RFC", it's had 23 retweets from folk largely around Aberdeen area! Quite funny though, send a few tweets to a few of the Rangers 'fans' who'd taken issue to it, still waiting on responses.

That seems a strange response to my post. There is nothing I have said to suggest this. Rangers should not get into the SPL, should have to start in division 3 assuming the SFL think their application is better than any others, should inherit the signing ban from the oldco AND should pay the price for any punishment that comes about from the EBT investigation.

If all that happens then Rangers will start with a clean record on this matter. (Doesn't mean we need to like the bigotted orcs in future).

I was more attacking the idea that the media and Rangers peddle that they are a special case and careful how we punish them, nothing really to do with your suggestion of drawing up rules for these scenarios.

I wonder if by some chance club 12 will be scheduled to play away from home the days celtic are at home

Jesus.

Of course they will. It'll be the same fixture list with Ranger's name replaced by Club 12. They will not have drawn up a new fixture list.

Remind me which rule was enforced to decide the 25 point penalty when Dundee went into administration?

The rule that says they can make any punishment they see fit. I bet the SFA wish they had that one.

Are you suggesting the SFL applied a sanction that they ere not allowed to?

There was no set sanction, and they made it up as they went along. That's not to say there was anything wrong with the punishment - if anything it was too lenient.

Have been reading the 'Best Horror movies' thread in 'TV+Films'' and the similaraties between the 'curran't situation and the Omen is startling.

The SPL has a bun in the oven which is stillborn, dead. The son of the Devil has taken 3 trimesters (or Divisions as we call them in Scotland) within its mother, the SFL, to fully appear reborn, and this newcorpse is substituted into the SPL.

There are plenty of worshipers of the Father, none for the newcorpse, yet the Fathers worshipers look out for it as it is his main representative on Earth.

This newcorpse is evil incarnate, and the media loves it.

I'm sure there was a dodgy geezer in a cadigan too...

Just saying like.:)

Edited by wunfellaff

Jim Spence gets my vote for El Presidente once the lazy cnut is able to recognise SPL players outwith the top four or five teams, and stops making noises about getting St Mirren and others to go back to having big patches on the back of their shirts.

Until then...