Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Cockwomble's play-off plans for Div 1 revealed. (By a mole in my garden.)

If Sevco are admitted to Div 1 next season play-offs will be introduced between the top ten teams, starting in August. Teams shall play each other four times with the club gaining most points gaining promotion to the SPL.

There. Easy isn't it, Mr Hutton.

Celtic are being quiet because the so-called diddy team chairmen(© Turnbull Hutton) have fucked up their plans. Celtic thought the diddies would vote Yes so they could vote No, sevco could be in the top flight and the hatefest could carry on and be turned up a notch. They shrug their shoulders and say "Not our fault, blame the diddies who said Yes".

They're now being quiet as they've not quite worked out their new plan.

Edited by GordieBoy80

Sometimes you have to view events from a little distance back to look at things sensibly and objectively. Celtic , undoubtedly, only want the zombies away for the shortest time possible . Self denial rife here

You should listen to your own advice.

On another thread, I defended some of the principle behind putting Newco into Division 1, on the grounds that it would prevent them from going extinct altogether. However, I finally got round to reading that so-called statement that was sent to the SFL clubs and to say it's an insult to the intelligence would be an understatement. Whatever they're trying to do, they're going about it appallingly. Backroom New Labour shenanigans at its worst.

But it really does not matter. When a character like John Brown emerges as a potential bidder, then you know that their oblivion is near.

Once these voting charades are out the way this week, then it's high time the clubs started getting together and plan for the brave new world without Rangers.

And why would a Celtic fan care whether Rangers go extinct or not?

Why stick in 'Celtic'????? Substitute in ''football'' and your question becomes rhetorical.

A cunning plan will be announced this week that will see Rangers in the bottom flight next season:-

A Scottish Premier League of 20 Teams

A Scottish Championship of 22 Teams ( Including Rangers )

Three relegated from the SPL at the end of the season. Top two in Championship automatically Promoted. 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th in play - offs for third Promotion spot ( Beginning to sound familiar ) Sky to cover play-offs.

By taking the top nine teams out the current first division and putting them in the SPL and making a single league up from the bottom club in the first and the 2nd & 3rd Division you should have more than smoothed the way for Rangers to get promoted.

As soon as Rangers make it back to the SPL the cry goes up for League reconstruction and we revert back to a 12 - 10 - 10 -10 format. Simples

Am I a cynic ..... oh, yes 8)

Edited by sexybaldyguy

Re the Craig Burley piece:

However, there will be a chance for some people to restore my faith in Scottish football and that is to make sure Rangers’ punishment is a sensible one, one that also benefits the long-term well-being of the game.

It must not be about satisfying the wishes of too many fans who are here today and gone tomorrow. Sadly, though, I do think the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

The fans stay. It's the players, managers, directors, administrators and hacks who f**k off, leaving us to pick up the pieces.

Why stick in 'Celtic'?????

Because the person who I was quoting is a Celtic fan.

Personally I don't care what happens to them so long as the rules are obeyed. I don't see why a club would go extinct or not should come into the picture.

A cunning plan will be announced this week that will see Rangers in the bottom flight next season:-

A Scottish Premier League of 20 Teams

A Scottish Championship of 22 Teams ( Including Rangers )

Three relegated from the SPL at the end of the season. Top two in Championship automatically Promoted. 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th in play - offs for third Promotion spot ( Beginning to sound familiar ) Sky to cover play-offs.

As soon as Rangers make it back to the SPL the cry goes up for League reconstruction and we revert back to a 12 - 10 - 10 -10 format. Simples

Am I a cynic ..... oh, yes 8)

That would still be the best season in years.

Re the Craig Burley piece:

He's certainly right about the lunatics taking over the asylum, however that was the case at the beginning not now. The SPL clubs voting (due to vote) to refuse Sevco into the SPL is about the most sensible thing that's happened in the league for years.

Personally I don't care what happens to them so long as the rules are obeyed. I don't see why a club would go extinct or not should come into the picture.

In the words of Meg Ryan....

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

How about this for a cunning plan?...

SPL member club goes into administration.

SPL member club is liquidated.

New owner attempts to re-start them.

New owner applies to join the SFL in Div 3.

Fcuk me. Surprised no-one else has thought of this.

No, unfortunately:

* there's no 3yr accounts rule in SFL

* they'd need simple majority (50%+1) to be elected to SFL

* there appears to be some loophole that could enable them to be admitted to SFL1 on simple majority, can't quite remember the details

Funny that. The SFL can't seem to remember the details either. Could it be that the details don't really exist?

How about this for a cunning plan?...

SPL member club goes into administration.

SPL member club is liquidated.

New owner attempts to re-start them.

New owner applies to join the SFL in Div 3.

Fcuk me. Surprised no-one else has thought of this.

To be fair Poz, this is the rule for 40 of Scotlands 42 senior teams.

I bet you can't guess who the 2 are?

Edited by Gaz FFC

Are you honestly suggesting this utter drivel warrants anything other than ridicule?

He's right, you're wrong. Regardless of whether Celtic's silence is about tacit support for the newco or simply to avoid tabloid criticism, CFC are undoubtedly doing everything in their power to get some entity that could be described as "Rangers" back in the SPL as soon as possible. There's simply no avoiding that at all. For f**k's sake stop digging, you fucking cretins.

Well the rules were obeyed, they could not get a CVA passed, so they are extinct. Newcorpse is what is up for debate now incase you hadn't twigged, and the rules to deal with them are already in place. Following those rules, newcorpse will fold as it cannot live on Div3 income (possibly not on Div1 either) and also become extinct.

The problem is that said rules are being manipulated by parties with a vested interest (mssers Regan, Cockwomble etc) to try and ensure their survival.

Wishing them extinct is not the same as wishing them not to survive by any possible means.

Are you honestly suggesting this utter drivel warrants anything other than ridicule?

I'm not the only person who has suggested that's what Celtic are up to. They know that without their business partners they don't have anywhere near as much clout. Lawell(don't care if that's spelt wrong) wanted to look like the good guy and blame the diddies thinking that £ would make the decision for them but has been tripped up by the demands of integrity from the fans of the diddy clubs forcing the hands of their chairmen. If the vote had went the way Lawell wanted it to then he was ensuring at least 4 sell-out hatefests.

Edited by GordieBoy80