Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The falkirk game against rangers was a bonus last season and nothing more. We'd have still posted a profit whether we'd got them or not. The simplr fact is that rules are rules and must be followed. There was two options for sevco. One was acceptance to the SPL the other was acceptance via the third division . If the situation is that bad financially for Spl clubs then they should've allowed Sevco back into the SPL. They Didnt so the only fair option left is for Sevco is to apply for access to the third division and to work their way back through the leagues. Parachuting Sevco into the first division is a ludicrous and scandalous idea and I can assure you I wont be back in another scottish professional ground if this comes off. I'd have the same feelings if it was Celtic, Aberdeen, Motherwell orany other scottish football club although we know that celtic apart we wouldnt be having this debate if it as nay other club apart from Rangers. If rules are bended so much that we start fixing leagues then what is the point of supporting a league structure as corrupt as the SFL/SPL.

Completely agree for us its a bonus. If any team runs its business model around having an Old Firm game or two then they are not financially sustainable.

It sounds harsh but if any teams experience hardship if Sevco drop out so be it. There is no point in hiding the real problem (if it exists) that teams should be running on their own means.

We have learnt over the past few days that our governing body is one big bully who only cares about keeping Rangers and Celtic in its bed.

I am happy in todays day and age we have the internet to bring together support from everyone and well done to all clubs who speak out.

To all fans of such clubs - make sure you support your team through merchandise and tickets!

:lol: between this, Southampton, and Le Havre it's clear what the international sporting community think of the Sevco shenanigans, "Arms length... keep away... do not taint us with your footballing leprosy."

Can they even play friendlies without being registered with the SFA? When will we know if they have registered the Sevco Club and players?

1341482261[/url]' post='6403407']

No I understand that semantic argument well.

I did not say I was OK with it, I stated that it may be a necessary evil.

What has happened to newcos in other leagues? Have they had to start again from the bottom every time?

It should never, ever be necessary to passport a new team into one of the top leagues for money. If so then the competition itself deserves to go tits up IMO.

Other leagues can do as they wish with newcos, the second the senior Scottish league gives a new team a leg up for a few quid is the day I stop spending money watching Scottish football.

Thanks for the understanding Sailor, and by extension all those decent posters on here. Johnston has been a total embarrassment for some time now, and it makes us cringe when opposition fans pick up on his nonsense. As chairman, it can be said that he DOES speak for the club, but he certainly doesn't always speak for the fans - I think we've made that clear. I hope that no fans do boycott us next year - the pies are still excelllent, and good cheap beer is available in a number of fine establishments. Plus there's always a chance of three points when you visitsad.gif.

Maybe Johnston is a bit of a knob. Maybe he clarted in his pampers and voted with extreme self-interest... despite knowing how the vote would go. Maybe he's this, that or the other.

If he starts willfully witholding tax and PAYE, pays his players illegally, takes the SFA to court, opens his gob and sees other people threatened, marches on Hampden and generally acts the Johnny big-baws playground bully and treats the rest of the world like dog shit on his shoe.....

Then. Maybe then I'll hammer the guy. Until such times, he's just a bit of a knob with a whiffy nappy.

Kilmarnock will get my custom next season.

And your club went through a very similar process and were not punished at all, so it is any wonder you pander to the soft option.

Why not just buy a season ticket for Sevco if you are so concerned for them.

*** without the bus fare type banter Ric? You're better than that.

FWIW I'd rather have a club to support than not. I'm not convinced that motherwell will survive this season. Hopefully we will and if it's with a crippled rangers in sfl3 then all the better but the kind of initiatives that they are asking for on stoolmen and twitter atm clearly shows the club are very concerned.

I don't like that we are all so reliant on the OF but those are the facts of the we live in.

Another quote after yesterday's meeting was "This is what the supporters wanted".

In other words, "It's all your fault". I half expected him to look into the camera and start shaking his fist when he said that.

"we'd ha' got away with it, if it wasn't for those pesky fans"

Scooooby-Dooooooby-Doooo

The only issue with this point is that it is the same argument as that used by Rangers fans over the financial mismanagement. It wisnae the club, it wis the Chairman, don't punish us.

If he was speaking on behalf of the club, there is an issue. If he wasn't, Killie fans and shareholders should be calling for his head.

I was midway through writing a very similar post but then it dawned on me that the mismanagement at Rangers had been going on for years with various people involved rather than MJ just making a tit of himself over the last few weeks.

It should never, ever be necessary to passport a new team into one of the top leagues for money. If so then the competition itself deserves to go tits up IMO.

Other leagues can do as they wish with newcos, the second the senior Scottish league gives a new team a leg up for a few quid is the day I stop spending money watching Scottish football.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/EuroExperience/uefaorg/WhatUEFAis/01/80/54/03/1805403_DOWNLOAD.pdf

e

Member Associations shall manage their affairs independently

and with no influence from third parties. Member Associations

shall provide in their statutes for a procedure guaranteeing that

their executive body is freely elected and that their other bodies

are elected or appointed in a completely independent way. Any

body or decision from a body that has not been elected or

appointed in compliance with such a procedure, even on

*** without the bus fare type banter Ric? You're better than that.

FWIW I'd rather have a club to support than not. I'm not convinced that motherwell will survive this season. Hopefully we will and if it's with a crippled rangers in sfl3 then all the better but the kind of initiatives that they are asking for on stoolmen and twitter atm clearly shows the club are very concerned.

I don't like that we are all so reliant on the OF but those are the facts of the we live in.

That's just it. We all dream of a better world. Come and join us madwullie. Don't be afraid, we can all get through this together.

Cast off your shackles, no more suckling at the teat of the Old Firm.

Your Stockholm syndrome is worrying, but we;re here to help.

There is life without Rangers, there really is...

Believe madwullie, BELIEVE!

I know I asked this a few pages back, but when do player registrations need to be submitted by... or will they just submit the likes of "Player 12" like the SPL did?!

You can register players up to the end of the transfer window.

However, what impact the number of registered players will have on their SFA application, I dont know. If they are applying for a transfer, then probably none.

Im hoping at some point, later in the day, I will have recovered enough from the shock of reading Regans statement to actually bring myself to read through it again and comment.