Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You do know this has been done before?

I am not sure you understand what has happened here. Rangers were going to put small cheap Union Flags under every seat in the ground free of charge. Not exactly sure who pays for it..Maybe the RST or Blue Order or even just the club. The supporters organisations then suggested instead of just giving them away why not sell them inside the turnstiles with a suggested donation to the fighting fund of £2. I think it is a great idea and believe a figure of between £50,000- £70,000 is achievable.

Now before you jump in with both feet ranting about enticing bigotry..Rangers did this last year in the final Glasgow Derby of the season and the pre match atmosphere was praised by all as being the best for years with absolutely NO sectarian chanting from the Rangers support. There are many clips on youtube of Penny Arcade being sung with everybody waving their flags. I believe the other song that was sung with everybody waving these flags was 'The Blue Sea Of Ibrox'.

I have been openly critical of the people behind the fighting fund and some of our supporters singing but just see this as a great way of the fans coming together to raise much needed funds. If this was any other support people would be queuing up to praise the fans for getting right behind the club in troubled times.

Personally I couldn't give a f**k.........but in the context of the rivalry it might as well be a fucking swastika !

Fantastic saw it on twitter.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

@mikefstv: Ex-Dundee director Giovanni Di Stefano tells Qatar ruler buying crisis-hit Rangers is 'best deal in football' http://t.co/XxJ5wn0r

@mikefstv: Di Stefano on Qatar/Rangers situation: 'All I've done is sown the seed - if the fish bites, the fish bites.' http://t.co/XxJ5wn0r

Brilliant stuff!!

I am not sure you understand what has happened here. Rangers were going to put small cheap Union Flags under every seat in the ground free of charge. Not exactly sure who pays for it..Maybe the RST or Blue Order or even just the club. The supporters organisations then suggested instead of just giving them away why not sell them inside the turnstiles with a suggested donation to the fighting fund of £2. I think it is a great idea and believe a figure of between £50,000- £70,000 is achievable.

Now before you jump in with both feet ranting about enticing bigotry..Rangers did this last year in the final Glasgow Derby of the season and the pre match atmosphere was praised by all as being the best for years with absolutely NO sectarian chanting from the Rangers support. There are many clips on youtube of Penny Arcade being sung with everybody waving their flags. I believe the other song that was sung with everybody waving these flags was 'The Blue Sea Of Ibrox'.

I have been openly critical of the people behind the fighting fund and some of our supporters singing but just see this as a great way of the fans coming together to raise much needed funds. If this was any other support people would be queuing up to praise the fans for getting right behind the club in troubled times.

So, begging then? :)

Having a look at Alex Thomson's twitterfeed it's scary how entrenched the views of many rangers fans are that any investigation on the goings on at their club must be part of some vast celtic conspiracy. "A highly respected war correspondent & investigative journo must be in the back pocket of the folk who don't like us if he's asking awkward questions."

Getting rid of hal the coaching staff would raise a lot more money. Including that lump of a "manager".

I'm just glad I'm not a Glasgow copper or A&E nurse looking for leave next weekend. Wives and partners must already be bracing themselves and there have been reports of Staffies voluntarily handing themselves into the RSPCA.

KTID (We've won more trophies than you...)

Personally I couldn't give a f**k.........but in the context of the rivalry it might as well be a fucking swastika !

So Rangers fans shouldn't fly the Union Flag in case it upsets Celtic fans?

As others have said, if it was maybe the club crest or something then it wouldn't be an issue. It's a fucked up country we live in where people can get offended by flags but that's exactly what will happen and the club knows it. They are using intolerance and hatred to make money here, no two ways about it.

The point i was making is we have done it before and nobody was offended. We did it before and there was no hint of sectarianism..now that is unusual for Glasgow Derbies..The flags were going to be there and the only difference this time is the fans have chosen to make a donation to the fighting fund.

Personally i would have had 21,500 Saltires and 21,500 Union Flags and had them on alternate seats. Anybody that goes to the trouble of looking at the Youtube footage from the last Glasgow derby could not possibly be offended.

As for the Jambo and the Swastika comment..FFS :rolleyes:

When St Mirren opened our new stadium, our 'Supras' group put flags on every seat in the West stand. Say Kilmarnock decide to put flags on seats to celebrate their League Cup win. Say Ross Country win Div 1 and hand out flags, say Dunfermline, or Dundee United do similar to create a bit of atmosphere - can you tell me if you think any of these were/would be Union flags? We are all British... why are Rangers doing it? I mean using the Union flag, not having a sale of flags per se?

Tell me why they are using this flag, why it is being chosen?

Thanks.

Edit: I go to the NFL at Wembley every year. 90,000 seats all get flags of the home team. In my garage I have stuck on the wall flags featuring the logos of the 49ers, Buccaneers, Patriots... none of them were the stars and stripes. Can you please answer the question above in bold? Cheers.

Edited by pozbaird

as much as I love ***-baiting, its obvious why they chose that flag. As I say, they are using intolerance and hatred to make money.

There are people who won't shop in Asda because its got a Green logo. There was only ever going to be one choice of flag really.

I happen to agree with you, I have my own view on why they choose a Union flag, which isn't a million miles away from your view. I want No8 to tell me, as a Rangers fan, why Rangers are choosing this flag, when no other team would do so, and American teams don't have 90,000 American flags at Wembley. I firmly believe no English club would hand out or sell 50,000 Union or indeed St George flags in similar circumstances. Chelsea have Chelsea crest flags at Champions League games.

If the FA had a big international, they would have St George flags, maybe the Olympics will have 50,000 Union flags at the opening ceremony. Maybe the SFA would put out 50,000 Saltires if it were an important World Cup qualifier.

Rangers aren't an international team, this isn't a big international or British event. It's a football match, they are a football club. Over to you, No8.

When St Mirren opened our new stadium, our 'Supras' group put flags on every seat in the West stand. Say Kilmarnock decide to put flags on seats to celebrate their League Cup win. Say Ross Country win Div 1 and hand out flags, say Dunfermline, or Dundee United do similar to create a bit of atmosphere - can you tell me if you think any of these were/would be Union flags? We are all British... why are Rangers doing it? I mean using the Union flag, not having a sale of flags per se?

Tell me why they are using this flag, why it is being chosen?

Thanks.

Red , White and Blue.

It is our countries flag and Rangers are considered by some as the quintessential British Club

I will proudly wave my countries flag and make no apology for it...Just as i would be equally happy to wave the Saltire.

The question is not why should we choose this flag rather why anybody should be offended by their own countries flag. If they are then i suggest they are the ones with the problem.

I used to watch the baseball from the States...They used to sing their National Anthem before every game. Now there is an interesting idea we could maybe adopt here ;)

The point i was making is we have done it before and nobody was offended. We did it before and there was no hint of sectarianism..now that is unusual for Glasgow Derbies..The flags were going to be there and the only difference this time is the fans have chosen to make a donation to the fighting fund.

Personally i would have had 21,500 Saltires and 21,500 Union Flags and had them on alternate seats. Anybody that goes to the trouble of looking at the Youtube footage from the last Glasgow derby could not possibly be offended.

As for the Jambo and the Swastika comment..FFS :rolleyes:

so its nothing to do with winding up the opposing fans who by the same account choose to wrap themselves in the Rep. of Ireland flag ?

I think the lack of news and exclusives in recent days is going to people's heads a bit... getting outraged at "Rangers in selling Union Jack Shocker" and taking offence at the UK flag? 'Cmon folks - you're better than this.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Red , White and Blue.

It is our countries flag and Rangers are considered by some as the quintessential British Club

I will proudly wave my countries flag and make no apology for it...Just as i would be equally happy to wave the Saltire.

The question is not why should we choose this flag rather why anybody should be offended by their own countries flag. If they are then i suggest they are the ones with the problem.

I used to watch the baseball from the States...They used to sing their National Anthem before every game. Now there is an interesting idea we could maybe adopt here ;)

Yes, we've established it is our country's flag. You know as well as I do why Rangers portray themselves as the 'quintessential British club'. I can smell your bullshit from here.

Do you get a free flute if you buy two? It's OK, don't answer that.