Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Will duff and duffer be forced to hand back their fee for misleading the buyers on the amount of debt?

Can the sale to charlie be reversed for them proving false info?

Can hmrc be liable for blocking a cva?

Can ticketus now ressurect dead co and pay of small creditors?

Will Charlie try to distance himself from oldco if questions start getting asked about the cheap deal?

Will billy dodds pay the scottish ambulance service a couple o bob out of a question of conscience?

When enquiries are made regarding the repayment of these 'loans', it will surely be established that these 'loans' were never intended to be repaid - which they weren't.

When the individuals try to explain why they won't be repaying the 'loan', it could well become apparent that these 'loans' were nothing more than fraudulent attempts to avoid paying tax - once they've been established as fraudulent, it could then become a matter of tax evasion, rather than tax avoidance.

Here's how it could go:

HECTOR: "So, Doddsie - gonnae pay this loan back, mate?"

DODDSIE: "Naw".

H: "How no, likesay?"

D: "I was telt I widnae have tae pay it back".

H: "You were telt you widnae have tae pay a loan back? Whae telt ye that, like?"

D: "Erm, Rangers...and my agent - they said it would be alright - they said they'd been daein it for ages".

H: "ORLY?"

Make no mistake, folks - this is tax fraud.

Loans, my arse! :lol:

Neil Patey of Ernst and Young has already said that will not be the case :lol:

Edited by bennett

Neil Patey of Ernst and Young has already said that will not be the case :lol:

They were told EBTs were 100% legal but still we have a thread with 7,000,000ish views on how they were illegal and we would lose titles over it :lol:

When enquiries are made regarding the repayment of these 'loans', it will surely be established that these 'loans' were never intended to be repaid - which they weren't.

When the individuals try to explain why they won't be repaying the 'loan', it could well become apparent that these 'loans' were nothing more than fraudulent attempts to avoid paying tax - once they've been established as fraudulent, it could then become a matter of tax evasion, rather than tax avoidance.

Here's how it could go:

HECTOR: "So, Doddsie - gonnae pay this loan back, mate?"

DODDSIE: "Naw".

H: "How no, likesay?"

D: "I was telt I widnae have tae pay it back".

H: "You were telt you widnae have tae pay a loan back? Whae telt ye that, like?"

D: "Erm, Rangers...and my agent - they said it would be alright - they said they'd been daein it for ages".

H: "ORLY?"

Make no mistake, folks - this is tax fraud.

Loans, my arse! :lol:

The finding of the Tribunal 'in law' is that these were loans and that they are recoverable. Furthermore, the Tribunal did not make a finding of tax fraud. The EBTs were a legal tax avoidance scheme and that reality is confirmed by the Tribunal's findings.

Just because you disagree does not change that fact.

Did P&B's favourite legal beagle not tell everone that he had recently saw the BTC result and it was bad news for us?

McConville wouldn't have told a lie, would he?

I'm not going to argue his case, don't worry. But how is it good news, Bennett?

"They didn't owe as much as they thought, but they're still dead." A posthumous pardon doesn't really help the corpse.

Unless you mean "us", as in "the new club", in which case the result is irrelevant, surely. Or at most, one less debt that may come back and haunt them if they get done for "phoenixing" (not a real word, but meh.)

It seems to me to be reasonable news for HMRC, in that they have people to pursue for tax, rather than a liquidated club. And possible bad news for the old rangers, as it looks to me that the evidence over side-letters was accepted and seen as contrary to the governing bodies' rules.

One thing's for sure - M'learned friends are going to be buying yachts and ferraris out of this clusterfuck for years to come.

I heard him say that - I don't think it's a cut and dried as he suggests - people at HMRC will be angry - that ain't good.

they can be spitting blood for all we care, f**k them, their shambolic attitude and neglect to the taxpayer has cost more money than they will likely get back now

c***s

i now hope that hearts take them to the cleaners in your tax case also, HMRC think they can simply rewrite the rules as they see fit, c***s

The finding of the Tribunal 'in law' is that these were loans and that they are recoverable. Furthermore, the Tribunal did not make a finding of tax fraud. The EBTs were a legal tax avoidance scheme and that reality is confirmed by the Tribunal's findings.

Just because you disagree does not change that fact.

So you don't think the loanees will be questioned?

I note that Billy Dodds isn't on Sportsound the night - maybe he's on the phone to his lawyer?

If I was him I'd be shitting myself!

So, if we were to take out the liabilities relating to EBT payment that were due to HMRC, how much total debt was there again? I genuinely can't remember. Could the club have been saved as it was in the SPL, then?

What the hell ever happened to the Arsenal shares Whyte flogged? Out of curiousity. Nothing will change the fact that the club were ridden rotten by that shyster.

This entire situation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNb1YJYX07Q

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I heard him say that - I don't think it's a cut and dried as he suggests - people at HMRC will be angry - that ain't good.

They can be angry all they want, they've just had their arse's skelped big time. Also MIH looking into legal action, the downside being that dick Murray might make a buck or two out of this but tonights about being happy - plenty of time to discuss things further.

Interesting. You posted dozens of comments when you thought we were guilty of misuse of EBTs. Not only dozens of comments but dozens of acerbic comments.

Today you've said, "I will wait until the dual contracts thing before commenting on this matter further."

That's a very sensible post and credit to you for such a considered remark.

However it does show you to be a hypocrite.

You didn't hold back when you thought we were guilty.

Who else has stepped up to the mark? I think the fact that I have done so shows no holding back, it will others years if ever.

Did P&B's favourite legal beagle not tell everone that he had recently saw the BTC result and it was bad news for us?

McConville wouldn't have told a lie, would he?

I can't see the man telling lies. It's not as if he would post faked documents or anything.

Or destroy the lives of people depending on him.

Come on, Bennet, he's a stand-up guy in the diddy and plastic community.

i now hope that hearts take them to the cleaners in your tax case also, HMRC think they can simply rewrite the rules as they see fit, c***s

Today's outcome could well make HMRC more determined to nail Hearts. (and other clubs)

Does any The Rangers fan honestly believe that these 'loans' were ever intended to be repaid?

Edited by paranoid android

Just checked...I have 1043 posts on this thread. I posted through the darkest days and have been proven 100% correct...no ifs buts or maybes...100% correct.

Where are Poz,Hibee Jibee,MrX etc etc etc etc ................and so on and so on :rolleyes: I doubt there has never been so many people so wrong in the history of the internet. This is certainly an epic thread...maybe not for the reasons some had hoped for but i am glad as a Rangers poster to have stuck by the club.

54 TITLES AND STILL GOING STRONG!!

Aye, you've (both) been around since day one, and fair play for that. I don't think you should ratchet up the triumphalism just yet, mind - this saga has a fair distance to go yet.

Had today's verdict arrived when rangers were still alive, playing in the SPL, and taking the piss out of diddy teams who could only afford donkeys like Sandaza and Kyle, I could understand it. But they're dead - unnecessarily dead, it would appear. So you follow an ersatz team that you know, in your heart, is a lie. And skint. And with a CEO who couldnae' lie straight in bed. And in D3. If I were a berr, I'd be fucking raging, not singing.

I'm sure all your favourite posters will be back soon enough - after all, as the Rodent says, you've not been around for a while yourself (selves?wink.gif).

So you don't think the loanees will be questioned?

I note that Billy Dodds isn't on Sportsound the night - maybe he's on the phone to his lawyer?

If I was him I'd be shitting myself!

It is now a civil matter between the person who borrowed money and the person who loaned it. The tribunal has ruled that the loans are recoverable. It is up to the lender to demand repayment.