Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You know what, I might have moved on from this same/old/new/company/club yawnfest if there had been anything other than the stereotypical, cliche'd, fundamentalist orc reaction to THE RANGERS CRISIS. Excuse me THE THE RANGERS CRISIS.

You didn't pay your bills. You didn't play by the rules. You appealed a footballing judgment in a civil court. Lives, businesses, and property were put at risk by the actions a senior member of staff. Lives, businesses, and property were threatened by members of your support.

At no stage in the process of this uber-shambles has the footballing entity residing at ibrox covered itself in anything but shame. And you heap on more shame each and every time you deflect, tantrum, stall, appeal and refuse to take your medicine.

In fact you've started to puff your chests out, un-circle the wagons and throw your weight around a bit again haven't you? If it wasn't for the fact the grand high wizard of ibrox looks and sounds like Claude Greengrass from Heartbeat and your opposition fitted your ma's bathroom last week, you would deny any of it it ever happened.

So we have to remind you. Everyday. Every single day that the oh-so mighty uber-loyal 500million strong super-rain-gerrrrrs died.

And not just died, but drowned in a huge bucket of its own greed and arrogance while all 500 million of you watched on and couldn't scrape up the less than 50p each required to save your club.

If it wasn't for an entirely compliant and weak governing body and a press that were so deep in the pocket of ibrox they could lick ally's balls, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If, in many years to come I'm in hospital getting ready to check out for the last time and there's some equally old and coffin dodging blue-nose in the bed opposite. I will still, once a day, everyday, point snigger and laugh "you're club died". GIRFUY

You know what, I might have moved on from this same/old/new/company/club yawnfest if there had been anything other than the stereotypical, cliche'd, fundamentalist orc reaction to THE RANGERS CRISIS. Excuse me THE THE RANGERS CRISIS.

You didn't pay your bills. You didn't play by the rules. You appealed a footballing judgment in a civil court. Lives, businesses, and property were put at risk by the actions a senior member of staff. Lives, businesses, and property were threatened by members of your support.

At no stage in the process of this uber-shambles has the footballing entity residing at ibrox covered itself in anything but shame. And you heap on more shame each and every time you deflect, tantrum, stall, appeal and refuse to take your medicine.

In fact you've started to puff your chests out, un-circle the wagons and throw your weight around a bit again haven't you? If it wasn't for the fact the grand high wizard of ibrox looks and sounds like Claude Greengrass from Heartbeat and your opposition fitted your ma's bathroom last week, you would deny any of it it ever happened.

So we have to remind you. Everyday. Every single day that the oh-so mighty uber-loyal 500million strong super-rain-gerrrrrs died.

And not just died, but drowned in a huge bucket of its own greed and arrogance while all 500 million of you watched on and couldn't scrape up the less than 50p each required to save your club.

If it wasn't for an entirely compliant and weak governing body and a press that were so deep in the pocket of ibrox they could lick ally's balls, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If, in many years to come I'm in hospital getting ready to check out for the last time and there's some equally old and coffin dodging blue-nose in the bed opposite. I will still, once a day, everyday, point snigger and laugh "you're club died". GIRFUY

Reading those final words was harsh but i haven't walked a mile in your shoes fella. Personally i don't take it that seriously. laugh.gif

What about Kenny Shiels attacking your beloved hoops Norm?

He must be one of those bigots you were telling me about the other day.

Well done, Bennett. Your first post of the day seems to be a braindump from one of Tedi's nightmares.

Your second mentions one club, and the manager of another; both of which are currently competing at a level well above where the tawdry saga after which this thread is named is taking place.

So, what's your answer for the Broom-cupboard Final? Were the players playing for the club or the company?

There's only two possible answers - no deflection please.

I've kept it simple because.... well, I've kept it simple. Let's leave it at that.

How many rangers fans on here, with hand on heart can admit they held a red card up to liquidation at Ibrox against st mirren?

How many are proud to say they attended the game and refused to raise their card, and argued with 50k fans around them that liquidation meant nothing, that it would be liquidation of the company?

Can anyone trace who was the first person either in the press or at rangers that started this company died but the club survived shite. Even though the club be a&e a company nearly 100 years ago.

I'll narrow it down, it happenned after the April st mirren game and before Tedi arrived on here in July. When was Green giving it his all in the press, it will be around then?

Probably when the press as a whole started shitting it they would loose half their readership.

Well done, Bennett. Your first post of the day seems to be a braindump from one of Tedi's nightmares.

Your second mentions one club, and the manager of another; both of which are currently competing at a level well above where the tawdry saga after which this thread is named is taking place.

So, what's your answer for the Broom-cupboard Final? Were the players playing for the club or the company?

There's only two possible answers - no deflection please.

I've kept it simple because.... well, I've kept it simple. Let's leave it at that.

killie, what f**king Killie?

Norman doesn't do Killie :(

How many rangers fans on here, with hand on heart can admit they held a red card up to liquidation at Ibrox against st mirren?

How many are proud to say they attended the game and refused to raise their card, and argued with 50k fans around them that liquidation meant nothing, that it would be liquidation of the company?

Can anyone trace who was the first person either in the press or at rangers that started this company died but the club survived shite. Even though the club be a&e a company nearly 100 years ago.

I'll narrow it down, it happenned after the April st mirren game and before Tedi arrived on here in July. When was Green giving it his all in the press, it will be around then?

Probably when the press as a whole started shitting it they would loose half their readership.

Not sure that's the right word, but sometimes even our rich and varied language becomes inadequate.laugh.gif

I find the whole old club/new club 'debate' remarkably tedious. Unlike many Plastic or diddy types, I can even accept a conditional version of continuity.

The above represents a toweringly good rant though - top work fella.

If the re-birth wasn't so bloody antagonistic, maybe more people would be more accommodating.

No answer to a straight either/or question then. You do surprise me.

Go on, try again - just flip a coin, ffs. You can always change the answer when the party line switches again....laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I believe it was me who asked you a question first Norman ;)

I find the whole old club/new club 'debate' remarkably tedious. Unlike many Plastic or diddy types, I can even accept a conditional version of continuity.

The above represents a toweringly good rant though - top work fella.

If the re-birth wasn't so bloody antagonistic, maybe more people would be more accommodating.

Or, if they weren't such a bunch of arrogant c***s who expect laws and rules to be broken and changed for their benefit, maybe we would let them get on with their new club and not be disgusted at the craven surrender of our governing bodies to greed. That kind of thing.

What about Kenny Shiels attacking your beloved hoops Norm?

He must be one of those bigots you were telling me about the other day.

Kenny Shiels says what he wants, Everyone knows this. What are you referring to specifically?

What attack? I have never heard him say anything detrimental to Killie, and as we pay his wages that's fine by me.

There you go, answered. Now, club? company?

Ladeeeeeeeez n Gentlemen,we have The Post of the Week winner,well said:)

Kenny Shiels says what he wants, Everyone knows this. What are you referring to specifically?

What attack? I have never heard him say anything detrimental to Killie, and as we pay his wages that's fine by me.

There you go, answered. Now, club? company?

Never said he attacked Killie, thats just being stupid.

@andrewburns49: Shiels says Killie should have been the 'team of 2012', not Celtic. "They threw away two cups and underachieved. Best team? How? Get real."

You were being serious about that club and company thing? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kinda similar to this club but rangers are somehow different.:rolleyes:

Bottom 2 paragraphs on the right hand side. ;)

airdfm.jpg

Check out the bit about Third Lanark in the replies section,interesting,eh!

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s2/st180848.htm

http://www.acadvertiser.co.uk/lanarkshire-news/local-news/monklands-news/2013/01/24/airdrieonians-fc-liquidation-to-come-to-end-65864-32654571/

Does anyone know where relevant, cogent and incisive argument can be engaged with from "real" fans of the club formerly known as Rangers ?

Don't get me wrong, the incoherent ramblings of certain individuals on here can be entertaining at times, (albeit that five of the usual offenders are on ignore so I only get requotes...thankfully) but I have tried - and failed - to find ANY site where proper, grown up, business like debate and counter debate happens ?!

There are plenty of issues to cover - both in the financial governance as well as the football /tv debate, so WHERE ARE THESE discussions being held by fans ? In particular Rangers fans. ?

Surely they can't ALL be like the Famous Five blink.gif ?

Say it ain't so....

Never said he attacked Killie, thats just being stupid.

@andrewburns49: Shiels says Killie should have been the 'team of 2012', not Celtic. "They threw away two cups and underachieved. Best team? How? Get real."

You were being serious about that club and company thing? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neither did I say he attacked Killie. Believing that someone would claim to support Killie if he followed a team with a trophy count like celtic and regular European football - THAT would be stupid.

Like Kenny has said repeatedly - those whose buses travel from all over to those two big temples of bigotry every week are gloryhunters, pure and simple. A lesser species, in the eyes of those of us who choose to follow our local team. Where are you from again?

You don't agree we deserve Team of The Year? Humping both Sisters in their own shitholes, and humping one of them in a cup final? With our resources? Fucking brilliant year. Your old club's embarrassing demise simply put the cherry on the icing of an already lovely cake.

Who did the players in the Broom-cupboard and Riot Final play for? Club or company?

unsure.gif Who wrote this gem back in april? Count the times the word company is used...

Lets start with the EBTs. First of all the club have not been accused of breaking UK Tax law with the EBTs,that would have constituted Tax evasion,a criminal act which would most likely have seen prosecutions against individuals. This hasn't happened. HMRC has put forward a case for payment of unpaid tax on the EBTs on the way Rangers operated them as regards a tax avoidance scheme. Rangers have disputed this by stating the advice they received was that the club operated them correctly.

That is the clubs stance on the issue,further to that the EBTs over the period they were operated,2001-2010,are being assessed on a yearly basis,in that way the findings could go Rangers way for all years looked at,HMRC for all years looked at or part Rangers,part HMRC,something that many people fail to recognise. If the club are found to have a tax deficit on the EBTs,either for the full term or part term of them,then of course they are duty bound to rectify this in agreement with HMRC.

As for the SFA investigation on double contracts,this has all came about because of former director Hugh Adams' allegations that such a thing happened during his time at the club,he may be correct on them but why then did Adam not oppose this practice at the time by bringing it to the attention of the full board of directors or indeed to the shareholders as was his duty as a sitting board member at the time.

I,like everyone else outwith the inner circle at Ibrox at the time,have no idea whether these contracts were in place to certain players or not but fair enough,if they were in place as Adam has intimated,and if they are found to be against SFA rulings then the club has to accept whichever penalties imposed upon them.

As for Craig Whyte,at the moment, under administration, he is not regarded as the owner of the club,majority shareholder only,moot point but that is his position. His acts since he took over the club and up until the club went into administration have been reprehensible, to say the least,that have taken the club to the brink of liquidation,no argument from the vast majority of Rangers fans about him,certainly none from myself.

Since he came into the club he has driven a sustainable debt of £18 million up to a figure in the region of £50 million since last May and as regards the £9-15 million Tax/N.I. that he has held back from paying,without a doubt he shoud be taken to task for that. Without Whyte doing the deeds he has done Rangers would not have been in administration today as the £18 million debt was being serviced before he took the club over,we were in financial trouble,no doubt about that but not to the extent he brought the club to. So anything negative happening to him is all good as far as i'm concerned.