Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Right then Youngsy. I understand the above arguments, but surely you've the brains and the decency to recognise the injustice in this "we're the same club with the same history; but we're not the same when it comes to paying for former misdeeds" stuff.

I'm actually serious. I've said already that I recognise a continuation, but morally, you really can't defend a position that keeps the good stuff, and ditches the bad.

Personally, I'd take either alternative - 'keep the history, but pay for wrongdoing'; or 'walk Scot free from the wreckage, but admit to starting afresh.

I'm not arguing that you're brand new, yet must pay up; but what you want would be equally unfair.

Seriously Rangers fans, how do you reconcile this desire to have and eat cakes, on any moral basis?

If the SPL Commission had stipulated that any penalties & costs arisen from the investigation would have carried over from Oldco to Newco at the beginning of the investigation then there would perhaps be an argument that the Newco were liable for all costs,fines,etc but there was no such stipulation.

So therefore the Newco can't be held responsible for the costs and people can shout all they want about the morals of it all, this is a business and companies wont pay another companies debt unless it's agreed before the event or ordered to do so by a court of law which is doubtful that this would happen as Nimmo-Smith differentiated between old and new companies.

As has been pointed out Lord Nimmo-Smith did not award costs against anyone in his summation so are we all to just accept what the SPL state without challenge,after all at the moment Rangers aren't a member club of the SPL so the organisation has no jurisdiction over the club. I said earlier it seems that the SPL have shot themselves in the foot with this without thinking it through and the shareholder clubs of the SPL may well be liable for the costs of the Commission, after all they wanted the investigation so let them bear the brunt of it.

I would not class the SPL`s legal costs raised in pursuing something only they wanted to pursue as football debts, not even as football costs.

The ruling by the SFA, not the SPL was for all existing football debts to be be paid, not new ones, so even if these were football debts they would not be included as they did not exist.

This is not the newco`s problem, hell even the oldco are not liable for this bill, LNS did not say £250k fine + costs, it was £250 fine, that was it.

Why are you, a P & Ber who has always claimed that Rangers are a new club and that club and company are the same thing claiming that the newco should pay this, surely by your logic (not mine) this is like Man City paying Man Utd`s bills?

I'm sure if LNS had found rangers innocent and awarded them £10m in damages you'd refuse the money?!

If its the same club just pay your debts losers.

You love to equate the EBT case to law when it comes to that outcome,,,oh the verdict was not guilty we've been proved innocent.

Well do the same here...GUILTY and guilty losers pay the legal costs in law or let me guess your law equation is suddenly out the window here because it doesn't suit?

You know my circumstances? You know why I don't get to Scotland as often as I would like? You know the slightest thing about my commitments?

Nah, didn't think so.

Lets go back to the end of the last season.

You were on here telling everyone that if Rangers never got kicked out of the SPL then you would not be going to another SPL this season. If they did get kicked out of the SPL then you would buy Killie season tickets for yourself and your family.

Just another internet blowhard trying to act big.

The Rangers should pay up and show some gratitude with a gesture towards the SPL.

They are forgetting they wouldn't be kicking a ball this season if the footballing authorities in this country hadn't made an exception for them.

I'm sure it won't make much of a dent in that £23 million they supposedly have.

Hope your club can afford it's share of the money owed to Celtics fat low level paper gatherer ;)

You were on here telling everyone that if Rangers never got kicked out of the SPL then you would not be going to another SPL this season. If they did get kicked out of the SPL then you would buy Killie season tickets for yourself and your family.

Kicked out :lol:

You didn't get kicked out.

Your new team didn't get voted in.

The footballing authorities in this country then did everything possible to allow this new team to enter the league set up.

Edited by MikeyWellFan

I think a lot of the SPL fans said that and look what's happened they've stayed away from their stadium anyway. :lol:

Bendarroch was saying after his unfortunate incident that he probably won't be going to games anymore. Does that mean he can no longer call himself a fan of rangers?

Fucking idiot.

Temper temper... wtf has Bendarroch got to do with you being a tedious troll who constantly talks utter nonsense .

It is this simple....if YOU choose not to attend football matches then you are in no position to question those who do.

I would not class the SPL`s legal costs raised in pursuing something only they wanted to pursue as football debts, not even as football costs.

The ruling by the SFA, not the SPL was for all existing football debts to be be paid, not new ones, so even if these were football debts they would not be included as they did not exist.

This is not the newco`s problem, hell even the oldco are not liable for this bill, LNS did not say £250k fine + costs, it was £250 fine, that was it.

Why are you, a P & Ber who has always claimed that Rangers are a new club and that club and company are the same thing claiming that the newco should pay this, surely by your logic (not mine) this is like Man City paying Man Utd`s bills?

'My logic' says The Rangers are a New Club. Old Rangers died and are being liquidated.

The Club and Company thing? well, I reckon they are the same thing. Old Club / Old Company - New Company + New Club

Green, New Club head honcho, said he would pay the football debts of Old Rangers.

I would say the SPL tribunal - where you were found guilty remember... (only some contortions in the rule book drafting / interpretation let Old Rangers EBT titles to remain on their record) is a football debt. Surely the SPL would not go and incur legal fees on a wee whim.

anyways here a good opportunity for you to go on record

The current Rangers? New Club or Same Club?

Club / Company? Same thing / different thing.

I get awful confused. Simple yes or no please. Not references to whichever convenient ruling / opinion prevails with whichever point you are defendin at any particular time.

I think a lot of the SPL fans said that and look what's happened they've stayed away from their stadium anyway. :lol:

I work with a green and grey (yes some of them do work) and this clown contacted nearly 20 clubs pre season claiming that if they never voted against Rangers then he wouldn't go back to their games.

The SPL clubs were sucker punched by the green and greys and are now paying the price.

Kicked out :lol:

You didn't get kicked out.

Your new team didn't get voted in.

The footballing authorities in this country then did everything possible to allow this new team to enter the league set up.

I never said we did get kicked out.

Idiot.

I never said we did get kicked out.

Idiot.

You used the term 'kicked out' when posting to someone else.

This implies you feel that's what happened otherwise you could have said 'denied entry' or something along those lines.

You never got back to me on why you don't go to games ?

Edited by MikeyWellFan

You used the term 'kicked out' when posting to someone else.

This implies you feel that's what happened otherwise you could have said 'denied entry' or something along those lines.

You never got back to me on why you don't go to games ?

Yes someone else used the phrase "kicked out", not me.

It would only imply that if you were a complete and utter moron.

x x x