Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

SPL can't afford to pay fat Rod, so they're trying to force Rangers to pay it. I wouldn't be surprised if theres a wee deal done for SPL2.

It would seem odd, since they didn't ask the new company for the fine, if they then ask the newco for the expenses related to it. We'll see what happens.

Where has the story originated from? I've not seen anything other than web talk.

The guys on Radio Scotland were asking Doncaster on saturday about Green ranting at him over a letter he recieved at a meeting with SFL clubs and what it was all about - Doncaster kept quiet and never answered.

Yesterday stories started ciculating that the SPL had billed Rangers £500k (STV website, SKY etc) and today it was in most of the papers.

Tonight Keevins tried to downplay it by saying it was still to be decided who paid up on RC.

You can take the boy out of the Jabba but you can't take the Jabba out of the boy.

There's a surprise, Bennett straight in with a totally pointless post :lol:

That didn't take long.

How's the business Bennett ?

I am struggling to make sense of your post though Bhairn.

Clame?

A party? where? are there many chicks going? free booze?

Not.laws? Is this a website or something?

Charles green yous are?

Hey Ted, it's a fitba forum.

Spelling police etc. ;)

Doncaster was asked that question on Radio Scotland on saturday and refused what happened to the funds which whould have been paid to the oldco. Apparently it's time to move on.

We can speculate ofcourse, my guess would be that they've already spent the cash.

Yes, I heard that bit too.

That's why I confess to not really having a handle on this part of the saga. Nobody's really cleared it up yet.

Tedi! Tedi, quick! Bennett's made a couple of typos! Mock him, quick!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Strangely enough, the most constructive post from the liar today. There certainly appears to be jiggery and possibly pokery going on in the corridors of power. Not least in the way that (not only in this instance) Charlie boy seems to be hovering around Doncaster's office more than you'd expect from a CEO of a club who "have never played there"....

Thanks for showing you don't know you arse from your elbow. Most Diddies try and obfuscate. Nice to see someone who is openly ignorant.

It's 'your'.

Please help address my ignorance by answering the question.

Haw Norman he's mocking someone for posting a typo, gonnae sort him out champ?

Looks like a polite, if perfunctory, correction; followed by an equally polite plea for enlightenment.

Saying that - polite posts are probably like a foreign language to you.

Looks like a polite, if perfunctory, correction; followed by an equally polite plea for enlightenment.

Saying that - polite posts are probably like a foreign language to you.

Piss off Norman.

(Thats a joke by the way)

The EBTs were declared, of course.

Bear, of course they were but this doesn't stop the Ps&Ds from glossing over it.

I know I am repeating myself but no c**t can give a reasonable answer (although Shades had a try).

I will ask again:

It has cost each of the SPL clubs the price of a player for a year yet not one word of condemnation towards The SPL.

Surely at least one fan of an SPL club can break ranks and see this for the farce that it was? Anyone?

Well thank you for the answer.

I think however that it can be paraphrased thus: 'A legal argument of sorts can be constructed to suggest that we can indeed keep the good stuff, while ditching the bad. This suits me, and I'll therefore refuse to address or even recognise that this whole thing could involve a moral dimension.'

For me, that's what sets Rangers apart.

Again you're wrong about keeping the good stuff and ditching the bad. It's about being realistic that football is a business and a company that owns a club is not going to even consider paying a debt that they are not legally obliged to pay.

As i've already said if the SPL Commission had stipulated that NEWCO would or could be liable for costs then perhaps there would be an argument but as they were not even involved in the investigation and therefore couldn't face any monetary penalties it would have been farcical to expect them to pay costs.

Do you really think that any club owners who were in this position would have paid such costs incurred because of a case that involved a previous regime,not a chance of that but i think you know that. Only because this is Rangers is there such a furore. That is the top and bottom of it all.

Bear, of course they were but this doesn't stop the Ps&Ds from glossing over it.

I know I am repeating myself but no c**t can give a reasonable answer (although Shades had a try).

I will ask again:

It has cost each of the SPL clubs the price of a player for a year yet not one word of condemnation towards The SPL.

Surely at least one fan of an SPL club can break ranks and see this for the farce that it was? Anyone?

I'm not seeing the relevance of the cost involved in a league body enforcing it's rules and the member clubs' interest in that. Do the SPL split up it's profit between members?