Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Many fans understandably want to renew their season tickets, to support the club (as opposed to those who run it at any particular time). However, there is a good deal of unease about certain things e.g. the involvement of the Easdales. If James Easdale is voted onto the board it could lead to many fans not renewing. So, some might even argue it would be a good thing if Easdale were to be voted on as it could trigger many non-renewals and show that fan power can be exercised. We'll see what happens....

Yep. The involvement of these brothers, should this enforced EGM be successful, is going to speak volumes to folk, especially west coast people who know the true background they have.

Dirty money is still money to those with a need of it.

It's certainly true that bloggers can post whatever they want and that many will believe everything they hear. That's what made Rangers Tax Case's endless self-puffery* so grating on the ear.

On the other hand, a very large chunk of what emerged online has since been proven to be true, so it's hard to argue that the various blogs and fruitcakes were providing negative value.

*Edit to add: A prime example - I defy anyone to read this http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/feb/17/scotland-media-rangers and not be reminded of Father Ted's Get-It-Right-Up-The-Lot-Of-You acceptance speech at the Golden Cleric awards ceremony.

That was my main issue with the tax case blog. I had a spare afternoon once so set about trying to read it to get up to speed with things (this was about a year ago, before the Armageddon nonsense) but gave up because the bloke was so full of how wonderful he was writing stuff the papers weren't touching.

I had the same problem reading Phil Mac Made Up Name's book, although I struggled on as I was enjoying laughing at how important he felt he was. Between the RTC and Phil Mac there was probably some valid stuff but it got buried under their self congratulatory pish.

Can't see Rangers losing 2 mill per month, Thought it was supposed to be about 1 mill per month. Whatever it is its too much for them to survive the next season without season ticket money if they only have 8 mill left in that bank account. If they last all of next season then the season after should be fun. Watch for ticket prices going back to SPL levels

And on the issue of the big media organisations not touching the new documents that have come out...

I was at a football panel Q&A thing a year or so ago, and one of the Herald's sports writers made a convincing case for why the papers don't and can't touch most of the rumours and allegedly incriminating documents that circulate online.

Basically, he said they can't report on anything that they can't get independent confirmation on. So when, for example, HMRC documents about Rangers tax woes get leaked, they ask HMRC and Rangers about it. The first refuses to respond, and the second says it's all lies invented by people trying to kick the club when it's down, etc. etc.

So there's no story there - all they can say without leaving themselves open to lawsuits is "There are some documents on the internet that say this, although their authenticity is in question and we can't draw reliable conclusions from them". Which is pretty weak stuff.

Note though - this is an entirely different situation to, say, Charlie Green claiming that Rangers are going to win the Champions League within forty-seven seconds through the power of their sheer awesomeness, or most of the other shyte that passes for sports journalism. In those cases, they're just reporting what an individual says.

Now, Charlie Green may be talking nonsense, but that doesn't matter. They paper isn't reporting that Green's claims are true. They're reporting that he said it in the first place.

It's ione thing reporting what an individual says, but when he's obviously talking shite surely that journalist should be questioning it not reporting it. If more of them did that would Rangers be in the mess they are in today?

This.

If we stop supporting the team then cut backs will be made, people will lose jobs and we will struggle to ever get back to where we belong, no wonder our enemies congratulate and encourage this strategy it would indeed be the end of the club.

I will renew and continue to hope the club survives.

I'm going to disagree Tedi, we heard those same promises from D&P and we filled Ibrox every week, never done us much good in the end. We need to send a message to the board saying "don't f**k with us".

It's not what the bloggers/celticminded are saying that's motivating me but what Greens said - his links with Whyte, serious questions remain over who exactly is running the club, the clubs finances and his many lies.

Is there any harm in allowing our fans groups to allow legal/financial experts to give the clubs books the run over? Paul Murray should be capable enough on the financial front and A.N Other for the legal stuff. If it came back positive then that would allay many fans fears and we'd probably get bigger crowds/ more tickets sold etc.

Can't see Rangers losing 2 mill per month, Thought it was supposed to be about 1 mill per month. Whatever it is its too much for them to survive the next season without season ticket money if they only have 8 mill left in that bank account. If they last all of next season then the season after should be fun. Watch for ticket prices going back to SPL levels

There was a shit load of one off fees this season including paying back uncle Charlies loan (?) which was used to buy the club, we have reduced tv income for the next two seasons as well as advertising/sponsorship etc. If the clubs being run properly we should be able to sustain things for the next few years but we need to be sensible.

There was a shit load of one off fees this season including paying back uncle Charlies loan (?) which was used to buy the club, we have reduced tv income for the next two seasons as well as advertising/sponsorship etc. If the clubs being run properly we should be able to sustain things for the next few years but we need to be sensible.

Both the Record and Hearld have been briefed in the last 24hrs that rangers are loosing millions

Explain that?

I already did in a previous post now if you could find the original one relating to the Easdale brothers then you can find the one relating to it.... Must try harder :rolleyes:

ETA....I'll save you the bother...post# 122757

Edited by No8.

Both the Record and Hearld have been briefed in the last 24hrs that rangers are loosing millions

Deffo true then. Especially if it's Keith 'the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth' Jackson.

He's always right about everything.

I'm going to disagree Tedi, we heard those same promises from D&P and we filled Ibrox every week, never done us much good in the end. We need to send a message to the board saying "don't f**k with us".

It's not what the bloggers/celticminded are saying that's motivating me but what Greens said - his links with Whyte, serious questions remain over who exactly is running the club, the clubs finances and his many lies.

Is there any harm in allowing our fans groups to allow legal/financial experts to give the clubs books the run over? Paul Murray should be capable enough on the financial front and A.N Other for the legal stuff. If it came back positive then that would allay many fans fears and we'd probably get bigger crowds/ more tickets sold etc.

Paul Murray? Was he not on the board when Whyte was there and paying nobody? Was he not one of the Blue Knights that when push came to shove did nothing to save the club and was in fact party to the club/company going into Administration and finally Liquidation?

What links does Whyte have with Green? Has this been proven yet? Are we really at the stage where we believe anything Craig Whyte says?

I would much prefer Green was still there than have certain others on the board but them being there will not stop me going along to support the club. We will be there long after they have gone. If the club is mismanaged again then we as support must be prepared to do something to get those responsible out. We will cross that bridge when we come to it and the way the company is set up now that should be much easier.

You not buying a season ticket is really neither here nor there as you have shown you will go to all the games anyway...there are 10s of thousands that wont though and ultimately that could be fatal for the club...I know you don't want that

It's ione thing reporting what an individual says, but when he's obviously talking shite surely that journalist should be questioning it not reporting it. If more of them did that would Rangers be in the mess they are in today?

That's true, but it's missing the point a bit - they report what Green said because they have it recorded and they can get independent verification of it if they don't. It's a fact that Green said (x), (y) and (z).

When they look at rumours and documents on the internet, all they have is unsourced, unverifiable information that everyone they contact will either deny or refuse to comment on, which leaves them in a pretty crappy position if they report things that later turn out to be false.

They're reporting facts when David Murray claims he wants to buy Ronaldo or Green says Rangers will skoosh the Champions League on a budget of fuckitybillion pounds. Even though these claims are total bullshit, these guys did actually say things like this.

Maybe if more people adopted my stance of simply not reading the tabloids we would have a better standard of journalist or at least force them to do their jobs.

These papers are dying on their arse as we speak. They'll not be around in 10-20 years time.

Your stuck between a rock and a hard place, your supporters did their job by turning up this season and yet those running your club are still treating you like mushrooms. You deserve at the least honesty from your board on the state of your club just don't know if anyone will give it to you.

Your stuck between a rock and a hard place, your supporters did their job by turning up this season and yet those running your club are still treating you like mushrooms. You deserve at the least honesty from your board on the state of your club just don't know if anyone will give it to you.

The board have an ongoing enquiry and really cant say a whole lot before the judgement on that is back.

But if the board hadn't vastly overspent to guarantee title, would they have turned up in such numbers ?

That's true, but it's missing the point a bit - they report what Green said because they have it recorded and they can get independent verification of it if they don't. It's a fact that Green said (x), (y) and (z).

When they look at rumours and documents on the internet, all they have is unsourced, unverifiable information that everyone they contact will either deny or refuse to comment on, which leaves them in a pretty crappy position if they report things that later turn out to be false.

They're reporting facts when David Murray claims he wants to buy Ronaldo or Green says Rangers will skoosh the Champions League on a budget of fuckitybillion pounds. Even though these claims are total bullshit, these guys did actually say things like this.

An example of this was the document that was freely available online recently that was signed by a Mr White. The bloggers were using this as undeniable proof of a link up between Whyte and Green* and Radio Clyde were cutting of most callers who even mentioned it.

* I never read the document but believe this is what it was implying

But if the board hadn't vastly overspent to guarantee title, would they have turned up in such numbers ?

I think they would have turned up this season even if Prof Stephen Hawkings was unveiled as their goalkeeper with Stevie Wonder as a new striker. Next season don't know.

Edited by Bloomogganners