Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

And off topic but jings, Rory love..........

Which reminds me Eric kitteringham who Rory got for the original Taste lineup died a couple of days ago......

Can't forgive them for their part in the humiliation of '78 :bairn

Did you get the culprit(s) kicked off you supporters bus? :lol:

Does your good pal Bennet still have one? :P

Pot/Kettle :lol:

On a personal level, good luck Tuesday. :thumsup2

I mind watching the Peru game unfold in a state of something very close to absolute disbelief. Although, I expected the worst from Cubillas as he had one of those brilliant names most suited to fitba stars able to deliver skills fit for such a name.

Cruyff, Zidane, Pele, Maradona and the like. Messi has a shockingly poor name for a fitba genius. And for that reason I find it difficult to love him much as I admire his play.

I mind watching the Peru game unfold in a state of something very close to absolute disbelief. Although, I expected the worst from Cubillas as he had one of those brilliant names most suited to fitba stars able to deliver skills fit for such a name.

Cruyff, Zidane, Pele, Maradona and the like. Messi has a shockingly poor name for a fitba genius. And for that reason I find it difficult to love him much as I admire his play.

Pele and Maradona were nicknames though, and Pele should be ruled out through the nickname being after a female, and defo would be part of the Savile enquiry, as would most of the Brasil team of that era.

Pele and Maradona were nicknames though, and Pele should be ruled out through the nickname being after a female, and defo would be part of the Savile enquiry, as would most of the Brasil team of that era.

Maradona isn't a nickname.

If you can't love Messi just for that cheeky wee boy's beaming smile when he does something impossible, I'd have to question your love of the game. I suppose having been led to believe that the likes of Gregor Stevens, Hurlock and McCullough are/were footballers may have left you a bit out out touch with el juego bonito. ;)

I'm fairly sure Maradona is his family name. Were he to have a nickname, it'd have to be along the lines of whatever the Spanish for "cheating wee tax-dodging junkie genius" is......

Bit of a distortion of what Hugh Keevins says today, which is:

‘Careless talk is dangerous, as shown by Rangers’ interim chief executive Craig Mather when recently asked why he went to Ibrox when he visited Scotland as a boy. “My parents were Church of England,” he began’.

I'd be genuinely interested to see the full interview with Mather rather than how he apparently "began" the answer to one question about his boyhood.

Why would you need to see the full answer?

I think it's pretty significant that his first response was of his familys religious background.

Why would he think that relevant?

Why would anyone see that as a justifiable opening statement in a question about why he went to see a particular football team?

Why would you need to see the full answer?

I think it's pretty significant that his first response was of his familys religious background.

Why would he think that relevant?

Why would anyone see that as a justifiable opening statement in a question about why he went to see a particular football team?

You see, there's this thing called context. If you would rather rely on a single phrase rather than look at the whole thing, that's up to you.

If you can't love Messi just for that cheeky wee boy's beaming smile when he does something impossible, I'd have to question your love of the game.

Well, it's not just his pishy name that does it - it's also the way he runs like one of the Ant-hill mob. That doesn't help either.

My favourite players are always elegant - the sort who seem to have all the time in the world to spark one up, sink a hauf and then play something breathtakingly beautiful as an encore. So, some are favourites, but not necessarily the greatest.

Netzer, Redondo, Zidane are great examples of players I love to watch.

Then you get the true greats with all the skills, all the cool and the grace of movement to elevate fitba to an art in and of itself. None better in my lifetime than Johan Cruyff himself.

Edited by Bendarroch

Me, too. And don't mention Iran. Dear, dear. Sometimes I nearly wish I was only 30.

All the best for your op. Get back here quick to keep us all riveted by your ramblings insights.

If you can't love Messi just for that cheeky wee boy's beaming smile when he does something impossible, I'd have to question your love of the game. I suppose having been led to believe that the likes of Gregor Stevens, Hurlock and McCullough are/were footballers may have left you a bit out out touch with el juego bonito. ;)

I'm fairly sure Maradona is his family name. Were he to have a nickname, it'd have to be along the lines of whatever the Spanish for "cheating wee tax-dodging junkie genius" is......

"El Rangero"

You see, there's this thing called context. If you would rather rely on a single phrase rather than look at the whole thing, that's up to you.

Context? What possible context could cause a man, when asked why he started going to see a specific football team, to start off with informing the questioner about his family's religious background?

"El Rangero"

Would have given you a greenie, had you not bolded the last word. "Genius" to that lot means being able to excuse their own behaviour while pushing an identical (to everyone else) but much viler (in their eyes) habit of their former business partners' at the same time. And yes, it is a two way street.

ETA: Fuckit, have one anyway. :)

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Context? What possible context could cause a man, when asked why he started going to see a specific football team, to start off with informing the questioner about his family's religious background?

Maybe he was just telling the truth. Why are you so antagonistic about seeing the whole thing?

1. Airdrie- Well what can you say about this mob that hasn't already been said a 1000 times. Straight there and straight back. This will be the clyde game of SFL 2. You wont be able to give the tickets away

2. Arbroath - Exactly the opposite experience from you Bendarroch. We were made more than welcome when up for the Cup game. Actually looking forward to this...especially if SOMEBODY can get me a couple of tickets.

3. Ayr - Always quite liked Ayr...Nice town to visit even if Somerset Park is a fair way outside of the centre. Probably jump on the train down to this one.

4. Brechin - Meh. A new ground to visit and that is about it.

5. Dunfermline - Sorry Bendarroch but i have a bit of sympathy for the Pars. They were directly affected by Rangers tax dodging cheating but were still relegated whilst Dundee gained promotion. This is a decision that baffles me after the SPL claims of putting sporting integrity first. Nobody deserves to lose their club and they are certainly not out the woods yet. I know there is talk of a boycott but if i have a ticket i will most certainly be there.

6. East Fife - Dreadful town. I suppose they will take the place of Clyde and QP fans. Miserable b*****ds but at least these poor b*****ds have good cause to be miserable.

7. Forfar - I still remember the pelters i had to endure after a 0-0 Scottish Cup Semi ... I will be looking for 4 big wins against this mob

8. Stenhousemuir - I was unable to get East Stirlingshire tickets this season so hopefully tick this ground of next season

9. Stranraer - Made this journey a hundred times...Nightmare from Girvan on...road has been improved in places but still a trek

All in all not nearly as appealing as the SFL 3 fixtures and truly gutted that we are not going to have 1 of QP, Berwick or Peterhead coming up with us.