Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm not picking on MT but I remembered the discussion we had last week over, "the documented spikes in domestic abuse figures which occur around OF fixtures".

STV had an article earlier in the week entitled: "Domestic violence incidents reach highest level for five years"

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/231138-domestic-violence-at-highest-level-for-five-years-despite-old-firm-absence/

A paragraph of note said: "In the former Strathclyde police region, domestic violence incidents increased by 11.4% in the last year, despite the absence of any matches between Celtic and Rangers last season following the Ibrox side's demotion to Division Three."

Of course I'm not so crass as to suggest we Rangers' fans are now vindicated because of STV's FOI Request but it should certainly give some of the cheap soundbite merchants a bit of food for thought.

Indeed, but the fact that "despite the absence of any matches between Celtic and Rangers last season" gets a mention, shows that such fixtures are considered a factor.

I'm not picking on MT but I remembered the discussion we had last week over, "the documented spikes in domestic abuse figures which occur around OF fixtures".

STV had an article earlier in the week entitled: "Domestic violence incidents reach highest level for five years"

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/231138-domestic-violence-at-highest-level-for-five-years-despite-old-firm-absence/

A paragraph of note said: "In the former Strathclyde police region, domestic violence incidents increased by 11.4% in the last year, despite the absence of any matches between Celtic and Rangers last season following the Ibrox side's demotion to Division Three."

Of course I'm not so crass as to suggest we Rangers' fans are now vindicated because of STV's FOI Request but it should certainly give some of the cheap soundbite merchants a bit of food for thought.

It's obviously gone up because the Gers are a new club. ;)

Indeed, but the fact that "despite the absence of any matches between Celtic and Rangers last season" gets a mention, shows that such fixtures are considered a factor.

I am not denying that they are considered a factor - but STV's figures should cause us to consider how big that factor is.........unless some wisecracker comes up with an idea along the lines of, "Just think how much greater the increase would have been if we'd had OF games".

It's obviously gone up because the Gers are a new club. ;)

Indeed, 2 rangers on the go (until liquidation is finalised), plus Celtic =33% increase in clubs mentioned.

Yet only 11% increase. Baffling.

Have you missed me Norman? P.S Hows the cartoon drawing business these days?

Vicky is back :D

Tedi will be relieved, he's knackered covering for your lazy arse.

Wifi working in the B and B again Vicky?

his first return post - usual snide pish - immediately greenied by tedi.

a bit sad really

f**k it, I've reddied him/her as well - seeing as she was sneaking on during her "sabbatical" to do the same to me.

Coming on P&B midweek despite "having no wifi", the big comeback of the 28th takes place on the 29th, same tired wit-free insults....

New name, same old fuckwit.

Bennett then, Vicky now, Arsehole forever.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

I think the increase will be mainly due to frustrated fans of the deadco relieving their tension with a bit of spousal abuse. Oh to be a bun's partner.

Vicky didn't go into detail (thank Jehovah) but reading between the sordid lines, part of the 11% imo.....

Allegedly there were a few rings battered

Limited posting from bennett since his WiFi got "sorted" , at least it helps re adding to the BRALT soundtrack, sadly neglected of late...

Celtic lose and draw more domestic games than they have for a very long time.

Domestic Violence increases sharply.

hmmm

Celtic do well in Europe, win away for first time in group stages and make £gazillions.

Domestic violence increases and cats kicked with the names like Laudo, Gazza and Sally increases.....

Hmmmmmmm.

Celtic fans name their cats after Rangers players so they can kick them behind closed doors?

Yup obsession and sick vile behaviour, sounds about right.

My last lamb was "hamish", so I have something against dundee utd ?

If its any help, every bowel movement I have is accompanied by the cries of..

"see ya coop"

"see ya gazza"

"see ya greig ya feck"

Etc etc as they plop in the pan.

So the SPL is no more, everyone gave Doncaster a hard time when he predicted it would fail and lo and behold its gone within a year, seems he was right after all.

Spl overtaken without liquidation or even administration....

I can see why you are enraged.....

So the SPL is no more, everyone gave Doncaster a hard time when he predicted it would fail and lo and behold its gone within a year, seems he was right after all.

Let's extend this flight of fancy further Ted:

Is the total demise of the SFL due to their decision not to admit Rangers to SFL1, or their decision to admit them to SFL3 despite the absence of a bidding procedure?

This was a merger, instead of three incompetent administrators making an arse of things, now there's only two.

Celtic lose and draw more domestic games than they have for a very long time.

Domestic Violence increases sharply.

hmmm

Every time Celtic dropped points last season I got my leg over. One of the unique joys of being married to one of the opposition. ;)

Let's extend this flight of fancy further Ted:

Is the total demise of the SFL due to their decision not to admit Rangers to SFL1, or their decision to admit them to SFL3 despite the absence of a bidding procedure?

it is neither and I'll make an attempt at a serious answer. David Longmuir has come across as a decent and honourable bloke but I think he made one mistake: He sold The SFL's media rights to The SPL. From what I remember he said something like, "It was the right thing to do".

He should have held his nerve and negotiated a deal for SFL broadcasting rights to a proper broadcaster. Instead, he handed the whip hand to the tawdry and discredited SPL.

it is neither and I'll make an attempt at a serious answer. David Longmuir has come across as a decent and honourable bloke but I think he made one mistake: He sold The SFL's media rights to The SPL. From what I remember he said something like, "It was the right thing to do".

He should have held his nerve and negotiated a deal for SFL broadcasting rights to a proper broadcaster. Instead, he handed the whip hand to the tawdry and discredited SPL.

Which you lot SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wanted to be a part of, no?

BTW I looked up "tawdry" in the dictionary and the entry was "see, rangers; sevco; the rangers; watp;..........."