Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

it is neither and I'll make an attempt at a serious answer. David Longmuir has come across as a decent and honourable bloke but I think he made one mistake: He sold The SFL's media rights to The SPL. From what I remember he said something like, "It was the right thing to do".

He should have held his nerve and negotiated a deal for SFL broadcasting rights to a proper broadcaster. Instead, he handed the whip hand to the tawdry and discredited SPL.

I don't agree Kincardine.

You'll get no fight from me on the discredited nature of the SPL, but I no longer see Longmuir as either decent, or honourable.

His role in trying to bully SFL clubs into accepting Rangers into SFL1 at the behest of the SPL was cowardly and despicable. That he spoke well in the aftermath of the result, did nothing to diminish his role in fighting for a different one.

Throw in his unilateral call for OF colts to be admitted, and he should be lined up against the same wall as Doncaster.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I don't agree Kincardine.

You'll get no fight from me on the discredited nature of the SPL, but I no longer see Longmuir as either decent, or honourable.

His role in trying to bully SFL clubs into accepting Rangers into SFL1 at the behest of the SPL was cowardly and despicable. That he spoke well in the aftermath of the result, did nothing to diminish his role in fighting for a different one.

Throw in his unilateral call for OF colts to be admitted, and he should be lined up against the same wall as Doncaster.

So apart from Longuir selling SFL TV rights AND being part of the useless wasters who tried to shoehorn us to SFL1 AND his misguided idea regarding OF Colts......what have the Romans ever done for us?

You asked, though,, "Is the total demise of the SFL due to their decision not to admit Rangers to SFL1, or their decision to admit them to SFL3 despite the absence of a bidding procedure?"

I still say: Longmuir fucked the SFL by selling media rights to The SPL. Had he cawd canny we'd not have the ridiculously biased settlement that is the SPFL

I'm not picking on MT but I remembered the discussion we had last week over, "the documented spikes in domestic abuse figures which occur around OF fixtures".

STV had an article earlier in the week entitled: "Domestic violence incidents reach highest level for five years"

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/231138-domestic-violence-at-highest-level-for-five-years-despite-old-firm-absence/

A paragraph of note said: "In the former Strathclyde police region, domestic violence incidents increased by 11.4% in the last year, despite the absence of any matches between Celtic and Rangers last season following the Ibrox side's demotion to Division Three."

Of course I'm not so crass as to suggest we Rangers' fans are now vindicated because of STV's FOI Request but it should certainly give some of the cheap soundbite merchants a bit of food for thought.

There was a world record spike last year around this time when a certain CVA failed and the knuckledragging bears battered every family member and anyone in a Green & White hooped top because Rangers of problems ! they dead 8) .

I'll bet next year they will post that domestic violence hits an all time low because ra bears are happy there is a team called Rangers cheating oops playing football again :P .

it is neither and I'll make an attempt at a serious answer. David Longmuir has come across as a decent and honourable bloke but I think he made one mistake: He sold The SFL's media rights to The SPL. From what I remember he said something like, "It was the right thing to do".

He should have held his nerve and negotiated a deal for SFL broadcasting rights to a proper broadcaster. Instead, he handed the whip hand to the tawdry and discredited SPL.

Both are now one organisation The_ :blink: and there is no SFL or SPL to speak of so the TV rights now belong to the new organisation !.

You asked, though,, "Is the total demise of the SFL due to their decision not to admit Rangers to SFL1, or their decision to admit them to SFL3 despite the absence of a bidding procedure?"

Yes, but I knew the correct answer was neither.

I was only saying it in facetious response to Ted's daft post about the SPL.

Apparently, he was doing that fishing thing.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

The only Tawdry outcome in this new setup, and it is a setup dont you think is the people who will be rewarded for their support and wholehearted attempts to give the newest and Tawdry team in the League a leg up.