Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Aye we don't believe you Norris you're a liar IMO. Do you find my avatar offensive then?

Norman can be offended at the drop of a hat, he's got it down to a fine art form.

Perhaps if you took time to read why people may say you have a bigoted view, you'd understand their view on your opinion a bit better. Nothing to do with criticising terrorist or criminals, simply that you categorised every Loyalist/ Unionist as being supportive of these terror groups. A complete nonsense.

Eh, no I didn't, youngsy. What I said was that when we hear, see and read the word "loyalist", the connotations are almost invariably negative. As they are with the word "republican". Neither word is in itself of a negative nature (both, in fact, could be attached to many positive movements throughout History), but the people who label themselves as such should at least be able to muster a reason for why they do so. In the absence of any such explanation, one has to take one's evaluation from the evidence presented. Unless, of course, those b*****ds at the BBC staged that rioting at the weekend to fill in a slow news day?

The original question was asked of No.8. I didn't throw it out as a general query, although it is telling to see which posters jumped on the bandwagon. I asked him also if there were any good works or inclusive charities supported by loyalist groups - he assures me they are, and why should I doubt him? As I posted above, those in positions of authority in these groups should be accentuating the positive, and dropping the hatred. Bring their ideals into the light, and let the rest of us judge whether they're good or bad. Is that so hard?

Eh, no I didn't, youngsy. What I said was that when we hear, see and read the word "loyalist", the connotations are almost invariably negative. As they are with the word "republican". Neither word is in itself of a negative nature (both, in fact, could be attached to many positive movements throughout History), but the people who label themselves as such should at least be able to muster a reason for why they do so. In the absence of any such explanation, one has to take one's evaluation from the evidence presented. Unless, of course, those b*****ds at the BBC staged that rioting at the weekend to fill in a slow news day?

The original question was asked of No.8. I didn't throw it out as a general query, although it is telling to see which posters jumped on the bandwagon. I asked him also if there were any good works or inclusive charities supported by loyalist groups - he assures me they are, and why should I doubt him? As I posted above, those in positions of authority in these groups should be accentuating the positive, and dropping the hatred. Bring their ideals into the light, and let the rest of us judge whether they're good or bad. Is that so hard?

Why should anyone have to answer to you?

Your over reaction to this has surely settled any doubts that a lot of people had about you. I blame your parents...

1.Why should anyone have to answer to you?

2.Your over reaction to this has surely settled any doubts that a lot of people had about you. I blame your parents...

1, Nobody has to, but several did - maybe you should ask them.

2. My over-reaction? See 1., and ask yourself what you're doing.

Now f**k off, Vicky.

You described yourself as a Loyalist a few days ago. Another poster asked what that meant to you, and you really didn't come up with much of an answer.

That being the case, you'll forgive us for taking our perception of that description from what we read, see and hear. Apart from the disgraceful scenes in Ulster over the last few days and the association with some very unsavoury former clients of the NI Prison Service, there is also the number of "paramilitary groups" who describe themselves as such. A common thread running through these examples is a vitriolic anti-catholicism. Sectarian bigotry, if you will.

You'll forgive the decent people of P&B and beyond if describing yourself as a "Loyalist" would appear to present a sympathetic attitude towards the above arseholes. Hence, by the old adage, "If you fly with the crows..."

Of course, if There are many inclusive charitable works and all-round do-goodery performed by people who attach this description to themselves, I would be happy to hear it. Until then, I'll happily continue to refer to you as a "Loyalist". Don't feel too happy about it, because it's just shorthand for "bigoted, terrorist-supporting, braindead arsehole".

Er, WRK, yes you did refer as such,read your own words.

Back on topic,

Someone has shifted of a load of shares today in high volume IMO, down 12% on the day at 44.50.

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareChart.asp?sharechart=RFC

The yearly graph makes pretty grim reading too.

:whistle

Why grim? :unsure:

Oh, and I think the correct SE term is a "shitload" of shares. Somebody, somewhere doesn't have a lot of confidence in the New Order.

Back on topic,

Someone has shifted of a load of shares today in high volume IMO, down 12% on the day at 44.50.

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareChart.asp?sharechart=RFC

The yearly graph makes pretty grim reading too.

400,000 shares got sold today that amounts to around a 0.6% share. Not exactly a shit load of shares is it?

Edited by ~British Patriot~

Why grim? :unsure:

Oh, and I think the correct SE term is a "shitload" of shares. Somebody, somewhere doesn't have a lot of confidence in the New Order.

Possibly a City reaction to the removal of MM, or perhaps Prior realising what he has got into and quitting whilst he's behind. I seem to remember reading he didn't have a lock-in period and that he had bought in at 50p.

Some of the original investors bought in at a £1. :o

http://www.scribd.co...465/Media-House

Even leaving aside the stuff about sectarianism being a big problem and a wish to instigate a smear campaign against other sides, my favourite bit was this:

"· Liaison with supporters groups (This is fraught with danger and the fans have to be handled very delicately. They are not reasonable men!)"
It neatly encapsulates that recognition that must exist among the business types at Ibrox that the people they must (and are prepared to) appeal to and praise, are in many cases the types they'd otherwise be desperate to avoid having anything to do with.
Rangers, to an extent, despise the very fans they know must be tickled and milked.

Er, WRK, yes you did refer as such,read your own words.

Er, youngsy, stop trying to twist it. If you actually read what I've written, I said I'll continue to refer to No. 8 in that fashion. For some of the younger rangers fans, I realise we have to make things crystal clear and watertight. A man of your age should realise that this is the way I will refer to that specific person. I did think, tbh, I may have been a bit harsh, as No.8 has had some good input on here, but his later post today, boasting of his tenuous connection to a violent, drug-dealing terrorist (look at me, I've even got a nickname for him!) was absolutely cringeworthy. Any wriggle-room he may have had on the "terrorist-supporting" part of my description went when he admitted drinking in that man's pub.

Sorry if you misunderstood, youngsy. I hope I've made myself clearer.

I'm with WRK on this, making pilgrimages to Norn Iron to drink in terrorist waterholes displays a deeply disturbing mindset, and is almost as cringeworthy as it is troubling.

Edited by AberdeenBud

a load of pish about '5 or 6 clubs going to administration'. :rolleyes:

Two down so far is very close to 50% of the load of pish. We'll see as this season rolls out who's next. And there will be more.

:)

I'll be the one laughing hardest if it's snmurn. Don't say fatty Gilmour didn't warn you...although the rumour mill keeps harping on about a club in Kilmarnock.

I'd settle for that.

Norman can be offended at the drop of a hat, he's got it down to a fine art form.

Completely unlike your faux-offence at keithy after he showed you up to be a liar though?

How did it go again?

Now if any normal person had noticed the IP issue they would have sent a PM asking for an explanation but no not Keith. He had to do his 'hardman thing' and try to be a 'big' man. A little common sense and courtesy appears to be lost on him.

Keith has two choices here, he either admits he's f**ked it up (somethin he should be used to by now) or he bans me for 'using another account' which is against board rules afterall.

Two down so far is very close to 50% of the load of pish. We'll see as this season rolls out who's next. And there will be more.

:)

I'll be the one laughing hardest if it's snmurn. Don't say fatty Gilmour didn't warn you...although the rumour mill keeps harping on about a club in Kilmarnock.

I'd settle for that.

Eh you mean one? And after the end of the Season. The hyperbolic pish that was banded about in order to assist the Newco said 'within weeks'. :lol:

As for 'snmurn', we're loving life without Rangers, healthy balance sheet, 50% reduction in OF firms at NSP and our first ever Legue Cup win, one of my best days watching my team. La vita è Bella! :thumsup2

Edited by AberdeenBud