Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Who ever said that being a bear was easy?

Had a quick skim, confirms what was suspected by most of us. The playing staff wages don't appear to be the major issue, the problem as i and many others thought - is coming from boardroom level. A big mistake was lowering tickets prices, most fans would have bought them at SPL level and i'll have another read later on.

Paul Murray was on the radio a few weeks ago saying that the BDO report (in a few months) will be interesting.....

You might want to go and have another read before you start with your drivel on here.

Just sayin' likes.

Had a quick skim, confirms what was suspected by most of us. The playing staff wages don't appear to be the major issue, the problem as i and many others thought - is coming from boardroom level. A big mistake was lowering tickets prices, most fans would have bought them at SPL level and i'll have another read later on.

That's a fishing trip right there! Got to be!

In all seriousness, Billy Reid would get RIFC promoted up to the Premiership on £100k a year salary and a playing staff budget of £500kpa. He would probably also discover some hidden talent that could be sold on for £millions if required. They could then sack him and spunk all the money they'd saved on McCoist and over-paid journeymen if they wanted.

I can't understand why they're trying to crush a grape with a wrecking ball.

McCoist recently said - after been put out League cup - that winning the league was their priority, ''My job depends on it''. So obviously he's going to make 'winning the league' as much of a certainty as he can, to protect his rather well paid job.

If The Rangers Inter go bust or he is found to be totally out of his depth when in the top league, he'll still never have to work again. Plus, he'll always be a hero to the knuckledraggers, forever revered for his selfless loyalty during these trying times.

3 or 4 years on 800K? That'll do nicely. :cheers

You could have done McCoists job for a fraction of the costs

For a mere £50k per year too, i'd have had them playing like Barca....

His wages aren't my main problem, i think he has to come out now and tell the fans why he backed Green.

In all seriousness, Billy Reid would get RIFC promoted up to the Premiership on £100k a year salary and a playing staff budget of £500kpa. He would probably also discover some hidden talent that could be sold on for £millions if required. They could then sack him and spunk all the money they'd saved on McCoist and over-paid journeymen if they wanted.

I can't understand why they're trying to crush a grape with a wrecking ball.

Because rapid, triumphalist, crushing, RETURN to dominance is what they want and expect (oh, and deserve).

These are their millstones, well, that and having to keep the most inept manager and his personal chums on for his crass rabble rousing rather than something insignificant like, ....ability.

The accounts show an inability to actually accept ANY idea that a slow and prudent road to the Premiership could be tolerated for fear of dwindling fans (money)

Hoisted on their own petard.

:D

This spend, spend, spend attitude, with huge salaries and directors creaming-off cash here, there and everywhere, must be pretty hard to take for all the businesses and individuals who weren't paid by the old Club.

Is this ever brought up on any of these RIFC forums?

Edited by Montague Withnail

No sympathy at all with the club or their fans.

I went to my mates house on Saturday night for a bit of a drink, and as a Rangers fan he'd been at the game. He's more than rational about the situation and is a decent guy overall. He showed me a leaflet they'd been handing out at the game. It contained a lot of proudly bashing on about how "This club was founded in 1872" stylings, which is fair enough for their fans, but then it asked of the share issue money "Were has it gone?". Naturally, my friends and I had a bit of a laugh about this. What hope can they have of trying to achieve clarity over their club when they can't even spellcheck their own leaflets?

Regardless, they've came back and they've told us of how they can't wait for the SPL to suffer. Sections of their fans are more than happy to see other teams head into administration and hope for liquidation. They've failed to note they were admitted back in last season. But worst of all is that until now, we've seen the same "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil approach" from the majority of their fans. They've been so obsessed about getting one over other teams they're hemmoraging money again.

The figures for McCoist are truly astounding. To put it into perspective, they won the fourth tier with an astronomical budget, but still couldn't win the league quicker than QotS against weaker teams (arguably, they had less time to gel, but even still you'd expect to get your moneys worth). They've paid a ridiculous sum to a vastly over-rated manager who is little more than a standard bearer to appease the fans. It is tragic to see someone like him piss money up the wall, while relatively little coverage was given to Ian Murray at Dumbarton, who came in to Dumbarton on five points in November, and took them to 42 points by April, avoiding relegation with a part time team in a league dominated by full time clubs.

Such is Scottish football...

For a mere £50k per year too, i'd have had them playing like Barca....

His wages aren't my main problem, i think he has to come out now and tell the fans why he backed Green.

I think the reason he backed Green WAS his wages.

Edited by Montague Withnail

Because they Deserve Better.

FFS, some people just don't pay attention. ;)

My favourite snippet from SevcoMedja this morning regarding the accounts:

"All in all it looks as positive as could be expected for a Champions League Club having to play in a Amature League."

Knuckledraggingly funny on too many levels:-

Sevco, the clumpany who have never played in Europe, nor are eligible to. Even their deceased predecessor got humped out of the Qualifying Rounds of the identified competition last run-out. Oooooh the misplaced entitlement!

Edited by NotfromFifehonest

I've not been paying much attention .. has Traynor got his media equipment yet ?

Out of all those millions could they no have just got Jim a laptop :(

More to the point, has Jabba finished revised draft XVI of the forthcoming bestseller wot he wrote recounting the tale of how Chuckles saved ra peepul from the wolves?!