Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They may well be a comfortable mid-table side - although there's no guarantee of that, even - but there is no way they will be able to realistically compete with celtic for many years to come, if ever. Which brings me to what may well be a silver lining in the whole affair...

So let me get this right. You reckon the best supported club in the land who are completely debt free will not be able to compete with celtic in the near future and maybe never again?

In the same post you later go on to say that the league will be won by a team outside of Glasgow in the next 10 years or so.

Aye OK.

Good post. I've said all along that one of my favourite aspects of the whole thing has been that the only club really needing to be careful what they wish for, is Celtic, the only significant losers in terms of gates from events at Ibrox. I don't quite share your optimism about the title leaving Glasgow, but I do see the logic that suggests it might. It's certainly easier to envisage with one juggernaut in the way, rather than two.

On your earlier point though, I don't honestly believe I'm doing most fans a dis-service when suggesting many would be content to look none too closely behind the curtain if success was stacking up. It's certainly worse with the OF as so many are drawn towards guaranteed 'success' in the first place. We've seen with Hearts, with Dundee and even with Gretna however, that dissenting voices can be rare and muffled if things on the field are going well.

I do think that it's something fans in general can be guilty of. As with all flaws however, Rangers fans are guilty of it to a far greater extent.

It must have been - it's already touched a nerve with a couple of the Get-Along Gang. :lol:

On "other" fans, I take your point with Hearts and possibly Dundee (former glories and all that), but anyone that reckoned Gretna could be sustainable at the top level with a catchment area mainly comprised of sheep (and traffic cones) should have been certified.

So let me get this right. You reckon the best supported club in the land who are completely debt free will not be able to compete with celtic in the near future and maybe never again?

In the same post you later go on to say that the league will be won by a team outside of Glasgow in the next 10 years or so.

Aye OK.

Whilst I agree that eventually an incarnation of Rangers will be competing in the top division your point about being the most supported team in Scotland is a moot point. These are the fans who stood back and did nothing while the club died apart from demanding that they deserve better. They could have easily formed a group akin to Foundation of Hearts to provide fan ownership but all they wanted was their club without having to actually pay for it themselves.

Aye OK.

No - I reckon rangers will not be able to compete with celtic in the next decade - unless celtic implode trying to over-reach in Europe. If that were to happen, then there is no reason not to believe a challenge could be made for the title. Your old rivals should be winning everything in Scotland as it is - but they're not, are they? Not even getting to every final. Their focus is outwith Scotland, where they are the diddies.

Erm, think you need a closer look at Dundee's recent history.

Ha ..............................................................................................................you underestimate the Dee's ability in fucking things up.

I get most of my info on Dundee from a mate who, while a grumpy bastárd by nature, is unfailingly optimistic when it comes to his team. I stand corrected by those better-informed...

Does anyone know who will be up for board nomination?

I know someone who was really popular with many supporters of the old club. Is not aligned with any faction, and is not after a blazer. His name is...

Mr Custard

Edited by Fotbawmad

Aye OK.

:lol:

Thats the problem with most of his posts, he goes for quantity over quality everytime and usually ends up making very little sense.

Edited by bennett

So who is currently in charge at Ibrox ?

It seems to change daily.

Mr Stockbridge + Mr Easdale. That's it.

No, it's Mr. Humphries & young Mr. Grace from "Are You Being Served". let's face it; they couldn't do any worse.

Can't help but think "Dinsdale" when I see "Easedale". Spiney Norman's gonny get ye! (Piranha brothers, Monty Python)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZkWL-XvO0U

I think of another Norman, going "Mr grimsdale" :)

Whichever, they were all comedians ..

That's not true either because Rangers, with Murray's spending power, could afford the gamble while the harsh truth is the others could not.

James Traynor 28 Aug 2009

"But Murray also forced other clubs to change. By pushing Rangers to reach beyond their boundaries, Celtic and the others had to follow. Scottish football was vibrant and colourful for a spell but again, some will argue it was Murray who caused clubs to spend beyond their means and set in motion the process that took the game close to bankruptcy.

That's not true either because Rangers, with Murray's spending power, could afford the gamble while the harsh truth is the others could not. They didn't have to follow like sheep and they shouldn't have been so free with their money but no one can deny Murray gave the game a new dimension, ambition and edge."

lolz etc.

How many utter-guff piss-poor articles has our sporting media gotten away with over the years - we all know they need to pander to the mono-brows but surely-to-f'ck it can be better that !?

It must have been - it's already touched a nerve with a couple of the Get-Along Gang. :lol:

On "other" fans, I take your point with Hearts and possibly Dundee (former glories and all that), but anyone that reckoned Gretna could be sustainable at the top level with a catchment area mainly comprised of sheep (and traffic cones) should have been certified.

Agreed, but plenty 'fans' gravitated towards Gretna when they were on the rise. Succulent journalists were also only too happy to chart the "fairy tale". That's the point I'm making about success masking, or subduing a more questioning approach, where fans are concerned.