Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

October 2010

Graham Wallace, said Manchester City planned to comply with the new Financial Fair Play regulations. Their strategy is to propel City to the top, make more money from the TV and commercial boost the Champions League avails and gradually bring wages down by replacing ageing galacticos with graduates of the academy, on which City are also spending a fortune.

Player acquisitions on the scale we have seen in recent transfer windows will no longer be required in the years ahead, now that we have such a deep and competitive squad

We expect our financial performance to position us to be compliant with financial fair play when the regulation starts to come in, states Wallace, formerly the chief financial officer for the sports media business IMG.

Jesus Navas Seville £14,900,000 11 Jun, 2013

Stevan Jovetic Fiorentina £22,000,000 19 Jul, 2013

Alvaro Negredo Seville £20,000,000 19 Jul, 2013

Jack Rodwell Everton £12,000,000 12 Aug, 2012

Javi Garcia Benfica £15,800,000 31 Aug, 2012

Fernandinho Shakhtar £30,000,000 06 Jun, 2013

Gael Clichy Arsenal £7,000,000 04 Jul, 2011

Sergio Aguero Atl Madrid £38,000,000 27 Jul, 2011

Samir Nasri Arsenal £24,000,000 24 Aug, 2011

Edin Dzeko Wolfsburg £27,000,000 07 Jan, 2011

....200 million pounds + later

.....have we someone willing to say what is required to satisfy the authorities or maybe he believed what he was saying at the time.

Time will tell.

Very few players for these teams come through via the youth systems, the ones that do are generally vultured from other teams, and are often foreign. Chelsea being a prime example. It used to be that massive clubs stole all the ready made players from other teams, or like Dodo FC buy anyone you don't like playing against. Now they're doing it with any young player who shows even a hint of promise. Personally, I think there needs to be squad size limits to stop the shenanigans of the big footballing powers hoarding all the upcoming talent.

Edited by Fotbawmad

Except

[1] since when did football bodies fine companies not clubs;

[2] SPFL argue "the Five Way Agreement" covered this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25023927

The SPL is no more though, as you say this is the SPFL ;) Are the SPFL in financial trouble?

I'm sure that William Nimmo Smith said at the time that the current company/owners would not be responsible for this fine.

BDO have apparently said that the "fine" is in the unsecured creditors pot (not confirmed).

Apologies if mentioned already but have noticed on the AIM website that someone has sold 3M shares today.

Just about to check Bloomberg here at work for any more info....found this in the meantime

" "The Scottish Football Monitor" (http://www.tsfm.org.uk) "According to the recent regulatory news update for AIM last week, the only parties who owned enough shares to be able to sell the 3.328,672 which were sold today are : - Artemis - Hargreave Hale - Laxey - Blue Pitch" So it's one of them. I would have thought Blue Pitch a buyer not a seller so which of the other 3 have sold up?

Edited by SheepAreRed

For once you are correct Norm, i wrongly assumed that Aberdeen Don or Bud was referring to the SPL wanting Rangers to pay the costs of the investigation.

Sorry to all involved.

As for the fine, that is strictly an oldco fine and not a newco one.

"They added: "In all the circumstances the commission has imposed a fine of £250,000 on Oldco."

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-02-28/rangers-fined-250-000-over-undisclosed-payments-but-wont-be-stripped-of-scottish-league-titles/

You are some player Bennett.

Talking inconsequential nonsense as if it were important. Your apology will keep this sillyness going for a few more pages.

Meanwhile the Rangers board is getting loaded with people who give all the appearance of both being reasonably honest and competent. Your opinion? Who knows.

Shares in Rangers being dumped into the market with no takers. Your opinion? Who knows.

Dodgy guys like the Easdales lurking in the shadows, working like hell to create a board that looks credible as the AGM looms. Your opinion? Who knows.

McColl and Blin lining up for an onslaught on the board as it will be by the time of the AGM. They will have plan A but also a plan B for that meeting. B could make the eyes of all Rangers fans water. Your opinion? Who knows

Ally fat boy McCoist offering a large salary reduction when under public pressure is still sitting tight drawing his full wages. Corrupt and greedy to the core. Your opinion? Who knows.

Waffling away as the future of your club is being fought over and determined.

Bennett fiddles away as Ibrox burns. :thumbsdown

Edited by thelegendthatis

You are some player Bennett. Thanks

Talking inconsequential nonsense as if it were important. Your apology will keep this sillyness going for a few more pages. Meh

Meanwhile the Rangers board is getting loaded with people who give all the appearance of both being reasonably honest and competent. Your opinion? Who knows. The Dundee guy Gardiner showed that people are being appointed or asked to join with little or no power.

Shares in Rangers being dumped into the market with no takers. Your opinion? Who knows. Read a post on follow follow earlier in which 3 million shares were bought today, i do tend to avoid discussing stocks and shares as it's over my head.

Dodgy guys like the Easdales lurking in the shadows, working like hell to create a board that looks credible as the AGM looms. Your opinion? Who knows. They aren't working for the good of the club.

McColl and Blin lining up for an onslaught on the board as it will be by the time of the AGM. They will have plan A but also a plan B for that meeting. B could make the eyes of all Rangers fans water. Your opinion? Who knows Blin is out, isn't he? You'll have to emlighten me about their plans i'm afraid but we do need change or i don't think we'll see out the season.

Ally fat boy McCoist offering a large salary reduction when under public pressure is still sitting tight drawing his full wages. Corrupt and greedy to the core. Your opinion? Who knows. I've gave my opinion on this many times.

Waffling away as the future of your club is being fought over and determined. My one Bennett protest will soon be under way.

Bennett fiddles away as Ibrox burns. :thumbsdown

Why not just ask me, rather than being a dick...

The SPL is no more though, as you say this is the SPFL ;) Are the SPFL in financial trouble?

I'm sure that William Nimmo Smith said at the time that the current company/owners would not be responsible for this fine.

BDO have apparently said that the "fine" is in the unsecured creditors pot (not confirmed).

It doesn't matter who said what about whatever, if "the Five Way Agreement" says that NewCo and/or 'Rangers the club' are liable to pay such fines.

It doesn't matter who said what about whatever, if "the Five Way Agreement" says that NewCo and/or 'Rangers the club' are liable to pay such fines.

That really is just your opinion.

Apparently they already submitted a claim with BDO, they can't go after the same money twice, can they?

TkY9QmA.jpg

Not all Orcs...BTW should Orcs not have a capital letter? I will have to get HBQC to look into that.

Why don't you look into it yourself you bigoted cnut. I'm not the one who apparently uses excellent grammar but just can't bring himself to type a capital C when referencing a particular club unless said club is the first word in a sentence.

Apparently they already submitted a claim with BDO, they can't go after the same money twice, can they?

TkY9QmA.jpg

If they're anything like the council, they could try claiming joint and several liability. The UK is a far more accommodating country for creditors than it is for debtors, what with debt being one of the country's chief cash cows.

Why don't you look into it yourself you bigoted cnut. I'm not the one who apparently uses excellent grammar but just can't bring himself to type a capital C when referencing a particular club unless said club is the first word in a sentence.

In all fairness to the terrorist-fancier, I don't capitalise the names of either Ugly Sister, and will actively avoid placing their names at the start of a sentence. Just another one of those wee quirks that make me so lovable. ;)

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Are you still offended by a lack of capital letters?

celtic :lol:

TkY9QmA.jpg

Why the f**k not?

Its a bit rich to be calling something unfair when all we hear is:

"We're the same club, but none of that debt is our responsibility, we're debt freeeeeeeee"

"we've got 140 years of history but nothing that happened before now is our responsibility"

"If the club has all these trophies what about all the cheating, lies and deceit? Oh that was the company"

Standard curranty fayre really. You want to have your cake and eat it, you want to have everybody else's cake and eat it and you want exclusive rights to all future cake distribution and have nominated your manager to do all the eating.

This is precisely why you, your old club, your new club and your fans are correctly despised. A plague on both your big hooses (houses)

Who would have thought not using a capital letter would be so much fun. :lol:

Why don't you look into it yourself you bigoted cnut. I'm not the one who apparently uses excellent grammar but just can't bring himself to

type a capital C when referencing a particular club unless said club is the first word in a

sentence.

Absolutely right HBQC,as clear a case of Grammatical Bigotry as it has ever been my

misfortune to witness.

It's also likely that this poster wears Sectarian Socks.......grrrrr