Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

"Part time poster, you're just a part-time poster"

"Where were you when it was shit? Where were you when it was shit?" :lol:

Welcome back, Gaz, and put some effort in, man. We need pics, gifs, witty banter. You know the drill.

I know, I know. I've let myself and the team down.

Don't worry I'm up to the task to turn it around

Edited by Gaz FFC

Without Rangers, the top league of Scotland will only ever be one by one club and often by a considerable margin. How long before that scenario totally destroys Scottish football? Ok, a two horse race may not be ideal and fears of Armageddon so far seem unfounded but you seriously can't believe Scottish football will flourish without a strong Rangers at the forefront.

You seem not to understand that to everyone with an interest in Scottish football who is not a follower of Celtic or Rangers, both teams are looked at as one. It doesn't matter if Celtic win 10 in a row, it's as good to the rest as Rangers winning it every other year.

Edited by Ross.

Don't know what all the fuss is about. CEO announced at AGM that there would have to be cost cutting this season and now he's attempting to implement those cuts. There will be no admin, he is just being prudent whilst seeking out the levels of investment/sponsorship that a club of Rangers' size needs to progress to the level it should be at. Everyone I know agrees we don't need to be paying out the wages we are for the level we are at. If we had had a half decent manager, it would have made a massive difference.

So the players have not immediately agreed to a pay cut, don't believe it has been rejected out of hand btw. Something will be negotiated with the players. FWIF I don't think an across the board per cent cut is fair on the young boys as they are not on the huge wages. The big earners take a bigger cut. Anyway a solution will be found to balance the books and get the club through, no worries.

We have a big lead and will easily finish top this season. Even after the necessary and temporary cost cutting, the team will be too strong for The Championship next season, although it may be wise to bring a new 'assistant' in to 'help' Ally (don't think binning him an option). I'm sure by this time next year, our commercial side will be doing a lot better and I don't see crowds dipping dangerously even with a price hike.

With the bunch of slobbering dafties on here last night, you'd think there was something seriously wrong. Fkg mentalists. :shutup

ETA seriously instead of serious for the pedantic fkwits.

You complained about someone calling you a halfwit. You don't even know what a 'mentalist' is, do you?

Could a Rangers fan explain why the supporters didn't try to pool their resources and buy the old club's assets? It would have cost £25-40 pfim (per fan in Manchester ). Also are there any moves to attempt it in the future, since they all seem to agree the board / major shareholders are mainly chancers or incompetent? Just interested (lol)

Quite simply because we have a very fractured support where different support organisations,RST and RSA, are, at various times, at odds with each other in which support group should have dominance over such schemes. Tbh there is a very serious mistrust by supporters of certain support groups office bearers. There is a scheme at the moment, "Buy Rangers", (please no sarcasm about bye, bye Rangers) which over a period of time the scheme hopes to be able to purchase enough shares to have a significant voice on the board.

Although we have a large support getting support to back such a scheme 100% is proving extremely hard. Maybe part of the problem is the size of support, many of whom would struggle to see the inside of Ibrox in any season. What we need is a figurehead who has no real connection to any support group but is well respected in his/her financial and business acumen.

Without Rangers, the top league of Scotland will only ever be one by one club and often by a considerable margin. How long before that scenario totally destroys Scottish football? Ok, a two horse race may not be ideal and fears of Armageddon so far seem unfounded but you seriously can't believe Scottish football will flourish without a strong Rangers at the forefront.

Except you're forgetting that very few people who aren't OF fans care who wins it? Celtic 10-in-a-row means little different to them than Celtic and Rangers winning 5 apiece.

Most non-OF fans would prefer a weak Rangers... easier to finish 2nd, more chances to beat them and mock.

Quite simply because we have a very fractured support where different support organisations,RST and RSA, are, at various times, at odds with each other in which support group should have dominance over such schemes. Tbh there is a very serious mistrust by supporters of certain support groups office bearers. There is a scheme at the moment, "Buy Rangers", (please no sarcasm about bye, bye Rangers) which over a period of time the scheme hopes to be able to purchase enough shares to have a significant voice on the board.

Although we have a large support getting support to back such a scheme 100% is proving extremely hard. Maybe part of the problem is the size of support, many of whom would struggle to see the inside of Ibrox in any season. What we need is a figurehead who has no real connection to any support group but is well respected in his/her financial and business acumen.

The problem with the Rangers support is that there are too many wankks who think they are important and speak for "real rangers men"

Except you're forgetting that very few people who aren't OF fans care who wins it? Celtic 10-in-a-row means little different to them than Celtic and Rangers winning 5 apiece.

Most non-OF fans would prefer a weak Rangers... easier to finish 2nd, more chances to beat them and mock.

Or both just to GTF. :lol:

I know it's not happened yet, but has any club in Scotland went into Administration whilst in the 3rd teir of the game? Could The Rangers be about to set a new record?

Clydebank were in tier 3 when they entered into admin - but after being relegated from tier 2 (not promoted from tier 4). Plus Clachnacuddin.

The problem with the Rangers support is that there are too many wankks who think they are important and speak for "real rangers men"

Hmmm. Which category do the likes of Paul Murray, Dave King, McColl & Kennedy (aye whit happened to him) fall into?

Fair play for replying.

I honestly think that, while true, is used as an excuse to do nothing. Other clubs' fans have managed to unite, despite differences, with successful results.

At the real heart of this inaction is a deluded sense of entitlement that other fanbases aren't hindered by.

Lol!

I think we should just leave it as it is for now. Perhaps Celtic will get their wee invite to go somewhere else or perhaps - in the absence of their other half - they will be forced to downsize just enough, to allow others to bridge that yawning gap and hey ho, who knows. :)

What most certainly should not happen, is any more bending of (or just making up new ones) the rules, to allow that stinking blight on our nation's rep to continue as it has regardless. Let them take whatever the proper consequences should be this time.

you seriously can't believe Scottish football will flourish without a strong Rangers at the forefront.

That is the myth endlessly peddled by the MSM and fellow orcs. It simply isn't true. This season's premier league has been one of the most enjoyable and competitive for years (including higher attendances btw). Scottish football would be far better off if Sevco never made it back to the top league.

Edited by Dunlop Don

Fair play for replying.

I honestly think that, while true, is used as an excuse to do nothing. Other clubs' fans have managed to unite, despite differences, with successful results.

At the real heart of this inaction is a deluded sense of entitlement that other fanbases aren't hindered by.

Lol!

It's not used as an excuse to do nothing, I've already stated that we have a scheme implemented to buy as many shares as possible over a period of time. So where is the inaction?. We are doing something but if the current board don't want to sell no one, not the support or anyone else can change anything in this respect. As for stating "a deluded sense of entitlement", that is nonsense, there are many Rangers fans who know exactly where the club is at the moment and don't see any sense of entitlement in being at the top of the game in Scotland, we realise the club has a long road ahead.

It's not used as an excuse to do nothing, I've already stated that we have a scheme implemented to buy as many shares as possible over a period of time. So where is the inaction?. We are doing something but if the current board don't want to sell no one, not the support or anyone else can change anything in this respect. As for stating "a deluded sense of entitlement", that is nonsense, there are many Rangers fans who know exactly where the club is at the moment and don't see any sense of entitlement in being at the top of the game in Scotland, we realise the club has a long road ahead.

Point being, the time to galvanise for action would have been when the shit hit the fan last time, probably before the admin, or at least when you went into admin last time around. Then when the crunch came and the club was being liquidated you could have done something about it, rather than relying on shifty 'businessmen'.

Better late than never with the current scheme.