Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The drivel being what?

Did the RR company die? Yes.

Did a new company, RR 1971 Ltd, acquire the assets of the defunct company? Yes.

Does everyone agree that Rolls Royce is older than 43 years? Yes.

Does this demonstrate that brands/clubs/legal entities/incorporations are loosely coupled and can go through legal change without the product/brand being affected? Yes.

Aside from the usuals quibbling over minutiae there has been no-one denying the substantive truths here

Council on behalf of RIFC argued that Rangers are 1 of biggest brands in world, to which Lord Tyre retorted ''It didn't stop them being liquidated''.

Edited by Apache Don

For the benefit of Kincardine, who is properly hurting my brain, the difference between Rolls Royce is as follows:

Rangers ---- liquidation --------- Rangers (Dead) ----------Bye bye (trophies)

I

I

I------------- The Rangers (New)

Rolls Royce -------liquidation--------Rolls Royce (saved) ------Rolls Royce (the cars)(still alive)

I

I

I------Rolls Royce (the plane parts)(still alive)

See the difference? There was never two Rolls Royces on the go at the same time while one was getting liquidated, there is two Rangers on the go at the same time. They both cant have titles etc?

It didn't. The assets were acquired by RR 1971 Ltd. We have discussed this before.

STOP for the love of god man STOP the whole thing is a pointless argument. You can't compare the 2. As it's been pointed out. It's 2 different things. 1 is still in process of liquidation after failing to get a cva the other was saved after agreeing a cva. Now move on to something else. PLEASE

It didn't. The assets were acquired by RR 1971 Ltd. We have discussed this before.

No, Kincy. We haven't. You supplied a link which stated that the company was acquired by the Tory Government of the day. No mention of the assets.

"Copy of address to the creditors of Rolls-Royce Ltd, February 1971, and the agreement for the sale of the company, March 1971"

You supplied the link, and I'm happy to accept what it says. No discussion required.

Now, that would be funny.

Ain't gonna happen but what if Rangers didn't Liquidate?

I would reckon the first thing the new operators of the real rangers would do would be to sue the impostors currently trading out of ibrox.

It's called "passing off", and is the reason for the phrases "Is Pepsi OK?", and the late lamented "It's McDonald's Cola. Is that alright?".

You aren't very good at this are you ?,

Look, please do not continue with this. The Govt acquired THE ASSETS of RR. This is why it formed a new COMPANY, called, Rolls-Royce (1971) Limited.

As it says over here: http://www.econ.uniurb.it/siepi/dec03/papers/lazonick.pdf

"To ensure continuity of those activities of Rolls-Royce which are important to our national defence, to our collaborative programmes with other countries and to many air forces and civil airlines all over the world, the Government has decided to acquire such assets of the aero-engine and marine and industrial gas turbine engine divisions of the company as they may be essential for these purposes" (quoted in Department of Trade and Industry 1972, 14). A new company, Rolls-Royce (1971) Limited was therefore formed that took control of the assets of Rolls-Royce acquired by the government."

See the bit in bold red ?, it clearly defines that the government acquired the assets of the national defence division of the company and then created the new division from the company as a whole ie both the motoring department and the civil defence department were at one time ONE WHOLE COMPANY.

The government then split the company into two separate entities because the defence department of Rolls Royce was so vital to our national defence providing engines for fighter aeroplanes and guided missiles.

The bit in blue shows where the government split the company into two by acquiring the aero & defence part and creating and new company just for civil defence projects.