Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

who picks these people ? Newgate Threadneedle.

is it because they are good at the job or another reason.

Newgate Threadneedle

5th Floor

33 King William Street

London

EC4R 9AS

:lol:

As a fan of "Appropriatisms" That one is a doozy.... :thumsup2

^ ^ ^

You didn't condemn the post in question and how you have made a cnut out of yourself, you had several chances to condemn the post in question but naw ! you just went straight into a fit of stupidity and mocked Celtic instead of the poster who posted his crappy post.

Now the highlighted bits in red fucknugget ? where in your tiny deluded one celled neuron you call a brain did I ever type you were actually offended ? I have checked my recent posts on the BRALT and none of them actually say in it you were offended other than "mock offended".

You even went as far as to destroy your very own claim in the same post ffs without even noticing "oh ffs mock offence" and then you go on to ask me to prove something that didn't even fucking exist in the first place you roaster. :1eye

did I not state it was in bad taste ? but don't let the truth get in the way of your bile

for me to be mock offended I would have to have stated I was in offence at the post even though I wasn't ,this is something I did not do :1eye

now I have to admit your tear stained , seethe full responses are a joy to behold hb but this argument is over as far as I am concerned

Edited by forever_blue

Sevco do some "mulling" regarding Mr. Letham's largesse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26443748

3stooges_zpsc28a8774.jpg

Vultures_zps25ad3753.jpg

(Images copyright cartuja & ally les verts / KDS)

From London Evening Standard 29-03-09

Another outfit that stirs up trouble in the hope of making a profit is Laxey Partners. Headed by Colin Kingsnorth, Laxey has a succession of victims on its belt, including British Land, where it tried to unseat the property giant's then head, Sir John Ritblat. Laxey's ownership can be traced to the Isle of Man but the firm works out of a small office in Jermyn Street. The object of its latest assault is Hirco, the AIM-listed Indian property developer. Hirco is run by the wealthy Hiranandani family.

Laxey holds 10.05% of Hirco and QVT, a fund with which it is closely linked, also has 4.95%. Kingsnorth has called for an emergency shareholders' meeting to change the seven-strong board. He is demanding that Niranjan Hiranandani, the chairman and father of Priya Hiranandani, the chief executive, resigns and that four "independent" directors are appointed.

It's not clear what his game plan is but it would come as no surprise if Kingsnorth was pressing for the quick sale of Hirco properties.

He's argued against what he perceives as the lack of transparency and governance within Hirco. However, of the four new "independents", one is Andrew Pegge, his Laxey co-founder, another is Michael Haxby, a Laxey executive. A third, Aled Rhys-Jones, runs Celtic Asset Management. Celtic's chief financial officer, Christopher Bruce, was Laxey's CFO between 2001 and 2007.

In Switzerland, Laxey is embroiled in a row about secret stakebuilding in Implenia, the country's biggest building services group. Between late 2006 and 2007, Laxey used different banks to "warehouse" contracts for difference in Implenia. Under Swiss law, holdings in derivatives are subject to the same rules of disclosure as normal shares. Laxey, which denies any transgression, could face criminal prosecution.

Hirco does not need lectures from Laxey. And if we're serious about the City learning lessons and moving forward, we should take a long, hard look at Laxey and its fellow activists.

ColinKingsnorth_zpsb110c780.jpg

Hiya Colin.............................. :death

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

I remember not so long ago, how well respected and highly regarded the European Club Association was held with all the Rangers fans on here.

They must be over the moon and willing to congratulate Peter Lawwell on his recent appointment as board member??

Edited by Greenlantern

King Dave says :- "I accept that Sandy’s incorrect statement was merely a misunderstanding and that he was not intending to impugn my integrity.

Obviously this is the same integrity that King Dave showed whilst embroiled in a legal fight with the South African Revenue Service. ‘The 322 charges against King include fraud, money laundering, racketeering and tax evasion for the period 1990 to 2001 (and for non-rendition of tax returns for 2002-2005),’ SARS alleged.

You dig deep enough you will find lack of integrity on almost everyone at some point in their past, there is no such thing as a white knight.

People like Dave King etc do not become wealthy by being nice to everyone.

There is a slight difference in king's case.

He is an out-and-out criminal, a tax evader, a money launderer, basically a f*cking crook.

You dig deep enough you will find lack of integrity on almost everyone at some point in their past, there is no such thing as a white knight.

So why do Les Fils de Guillaume welcome him with open arms ? Remember, there is no such thing as a white knight.

So why do Les Fils de Guillaume welcome him with open arms ? Remember, there is no such thing as a white knight.

Quite simple - they don't give a monkey's where the money comes from or how it was obtained, just as long as the Big Hoose stays open. They'd welcome Nick Leeson, Fred Goodwin or Bruce fúcking Reynolds, given half the chance.

Look how long the moral outrage over the McMafia Brothers lasted once they were in the door.

There is a slight difference in king's case.

He is an out-and-out criminal, a tax evader, a money launderer, basically a f*cking crook.

This. If King Dave hadn't ponied up the £45m to SARS, he was heading straight to jail. Perhaps Bendy might also like to reflect on the fact that at the time that King was up to his gonads in crime, South Africa was going through a period of huge transition - Mandela has just been released and the democratically elected ANC govt. were trying to unravel the political, tribal and economic legacy of the apartheid years. Sure, the tax laws at the time were lax and were being rewritten - King, I'm sure, took full advantage but the point is, the country that offered him his big opportunity in the first place was the country that he chose to shaft. SARS initially tried to get R2bn in unpaid taxes from him (How many schools would that have built ?) but after a 13 year battle settled for R700m.

You might believe in the Gordon Gekko mantra that "Greed is good" and tough shit one anyone who gets in the way. I don't.

If you live in a society and benefit from all that society has to offer, then it's only fair that you pay your share.

King basically put two fingers up to South Africa and stole money that should have gone to the betterment of the country.

Exactly the same as David Murray and Rangers FC (R.I.P.) did in this country.

See a common thread here Bendy ?

Go get your fuckin' shinebox.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

People like Craig Whyte etc do not become wealthy by being nice to everyone.

When I put that up, I thought ''I wonder if anyone will notice that bit?''.

Took a lot longer than expected though, everyone's full attention on the important stuff like 'baiting the bear'.

I don't remember exactly since it was barely relevant at the time considering Rangers had more important issues like just simply surviving but the 'relevant part' as you put it was not the reason, sure Rangers were already facing exclusion from European competition even before the end of season 2011/12?.

They were indeed but that was only because Craig Whyte had failed to lodge accounts by UEFA deadline and that offence only excluded them for that particular season, hence Motherwell's wee excursion in the big time.

Once RFC had went into liquidation process and The new Rangers were admitted to The SFL, a TV Channel - I believe STV - sent an e-mail to UEFA to clarify their position with regard to the club playing in UEFA comp should they qualify through domestic competition (ie win The Scottish Cup :lol: ) and UEFA's response cited article 12 and included the following quote -

''A club may only apply for licence to play in UEFA competition, once it has held a licence with a UEFA member association (SFA) for at least 3x consecutive years.'' as their answer to why The Rangers would not be permitted for three years.

We once again thank Tedi for bringing said e-mail to our attention.

I mind yesterday the subject of European qualification was brought up, here's an extract from SPL stats which clarifies Rangers position and how winning the Scottish Cup will effect the other teams.

There is an extra element of uncertainty added this season due to the situation surrounding Rangers. Under UEFA’s rules, they would not appear to be eligible to compete in Europe until 2015/16 at the very earliest due to the “three-year rule” in Article 12 of the UEFA Club Licensing rules which state that “Any alteration to the club’s legal form or company structure (including, for example, changing its headquarters, name or club colours, or transferring stakeholdings between different clubs) during this period in order to facilitate its qualification on sporting merit and/or its receipt of a licence to the detriment of the integrity of a competition is deemed as an interruption of membership or contractual relationship (if any) within the meaning of this provision.”.

This rule is not absolutely clear cut, and it is possible that the SFA could support an application from Rangers (as the FAI did for Derry City in similar circumstances in 2012), but the precedent of Derry suggests that any appeal would be unsuccessful. It therefore seems unlikely (though not impossible) that Rangers would be allowed to compete in Europe next season should they win the Scottish Cup.

If Rangers were to win the Scottish Cup and be ineligible to compete in Europe, then the spot would go to the Scottish Cup runners-up. If the runners-up have already qualified through the league, the spot will go to the 4th placed side in the Premiership

To sum all that up:

• Scottish Cup winners will qualify (unless Rangers win the cup, in which case it will probably be the runners-up)
  • 2nd and 3rd in the Premiership will definitely qualify.
  • 4th in the Premiership will only qualify if the Scottish Cup winners also qualify for Europe via the league.

The Scottish Cup winners and the 2nd placed side in the Premiership will enter at the 2nd Qualifying Round, while the 3rd placed side in the Premiership will have to enter in the 1st Qualifying Round (which kicks off on 3rd July, 10 days before the World Cup is finished!). If the Scottish Cup winners also finish 2nd, then the 3rd placed side would enter in QR2 and the 4th placed side would enter in QR1. If Rangers win the cup and can’t compete in Europe, then the 2nd and 3rd placed sides would enter in QR2 and the cup runners-up would enter in QR1.

I've requoted the above post to give context to the above exchange between Snafu and myself as I've noted that The_Kincardine is on and i'm aware he doesn't like to read back more than the one page before leaping in.

I'll requote my answer to the post, once I find it. I know it's old ground but Snafu obviously missed it and he needs brought up to speed.

EDIT to put the bit in red as original post.

Edited by Apache Don

Ah, quoting the infamous Article 12 of The UEFA Club Licensing rules, or as it's more commonly known -The Tedi Amendment.

The bit in red being the relevant part. :P

There we go.

Edited by Apache Don