Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The point i was trying to make yesterday is the problem is mostly with Glasgow / lanarkshire area supporters of Rangers. It is a west / central Scotland problem. If Rangers were so influential in shaping peoples opinions then surely our highland..east coast and borders based supporters would also be affected

Mikey has this covered, but again, nobody is suggesting that the existence of the OF has manufactured sectarian divides in areas where they previously didn't exist. However, I think it's fair to suggest that they've helped sustain such division in areas where it was already significant.

People with IQ's may still have personality defects where they think their opinion is all that matters (tiny wee mind did not refer to your IQ) ... you stated the OF contributed to the sectarianism .. I've yet to to see you provide proof this statement is true.

So far all you have provided is rhetoric and 'your opinion' such as it is ..

I've provided evidence to support my opinion.

If it doesn't meet the threshold you require for proof, I'll live with it.

A BCALT really would be a Hell of a lot of fun.

You mean the Irish flag .. the flag that ... " as a whole, is intended to symbolise the inclusion and hoped-for union of the people of different traditions on the island of Ireland, which is expressed in the Constitution as the entitlement of every person born in Ireland to be part of the independent Irish nation, regardless of ethnic origin, religion or political conviction"

Very good ...

Ok, so that's what it's intended to symbolise. Intended being the operative word.

Mikey has this covered, but again, nobody is suggesting that the existence of the OF has manufactured sectarian divides in areas where they previously didn't exist. However, I think it's fair to suggest that they've helped sustain such division in areas where it was already significant.

Do you honestly believe that communities in Scotland are split by sectarian divides?

The vast majority of people separate the game of fitba from everyday life and mix and marry quite freely.

You can dream ... as for the evidence (and your opinion/interpretation) it certainly doesn't meet the required standard proof for "contributing" in my opinion.

That's fine.

If the facts that one side operated a sectarian signing policy and the other lets a band wear club colours while being filmed shouting 'Up the Ra' on the pitch don't meet your standards of proof, I'm happy to allow others to judge such standards.

Do you honestly believe that communities in Scotland are split by sectarian divides?

The vast majority of people separate the game of fitba from everyday life and mix and marry quite freely.

Oh ffs Bennett! Yes, of course I know that most people mix and marry freely. My own immediate personal experience over two or three generations tells me this.

I do know however, that bigotry exists to a significant degree in Scotland. I think the big clubs both reflect and help sustain it.

The scale of the issue is well overrated imo Monks, it just doesn't affect most peoples day to day lives and i believe i asked you if you thought that Scottish communities were split by sectarian divides.

In the real world it is not an issue.

The scale of the issue is well overrated imo Monks, it just doesn't affect most peoples day to day lives and i believe i asked you if you thought that Scottish communities were split by sectarian divides.

In the real world it is not an issue.

You're probably largely right, but I'd say you're perhaps understating it a bit. I don't honestly believe that official discrimination happens along such lines any more (except perhaps where Catholic schools' employment practices are concerned) but I do think the 'hobby' version of sectarianism as evident in Orange Walks etc is decidedly and deliberately unpleasant.

Is there much of a sectarian issue in Liverpool anymore? Seems to have died down to almost nothing in the last hundred years. Strange that that hasn't happened here.

Careful.

Ted will post pictures of some Scouse intolerance here. He keeps the clip handy.

I understand all of it thanks.

I also understand entirely which constituencies the use here of such imagery is designed to appeal to, as well as why it does.

This is just like arguing with British Patriot.

Bloody Hell, MT - that's a bit strong!

Would have been simpler if you had simply corrected him, but no, having a dig at me is preferable to the truth eh.

Would have been simpler to read the thread, thereby avoiding adding fuel to the "Dumfries Clairvoyant" rumour.

Anyhoo, "fùck me, Tedi's done it again" thread for this pish...

Mikey helped you out there .. you didn't supply it. Taking credit for other people's efforts now .... sheeesh. No shame MT.

Did you copy from the kid next to you at school?

Oh, I could have provided some instances of my own, but does that matter?

As for copying at school, nah, I saw little point. I was surrounded by Celtic fans after all.

And besides, it would have fair set Brother Walfrid birling in his resting place outside the window.

Fire away ,,, I'm still waiting for your own work.

How about Dr Jon Reid's AGM comments in the wake of the deplorable antics of his club in inciting a dispute with referees?

"Read the history books".

"We will not be treated less than anyone else - those days are gone".

A naked attempt to stoke sectarian tensions, by feeding the paranoia for which those fond of his cub are famous.

It could almost be mad Phil greeting about the back of the bus.

SOMERS insisted no "sale or leaseback" deals had been discussed following a statement from supporters' coalition group the Union of Fans.
rangers.jpg

RANGERS chairman David Somers last night hit back at his club’s own fans by insisting categorically he has no plans to sanction the sale of Murray Park.

Somers contacted Record Sport following a statement from supporters’ coalition group the Union of Fans which accused the under-fire regime of plotting to raise emergency cash by flogging off the club’s prized assets , including the training facility at Auchenhowie.

And, while declining to be interviewed on the matter, Somers made the board’s position clear in writing and insisted that no “sale and leaseback” deals have been discussed.

He said: “There is a great deal of nonsense being written about possible sales of Rangers assets.

“The board has never discussed the sale and/or leaseback of any Rangers asset. Nor do I expect us to do so.

“Our mindset is to protect and enhance all the assets of the club for the benefit of future generations of fans and shareholders alike.

“The above applies to every one of our assets.

“I hope my email makes it clear my mindset is not to sell a single one of our assets, especially our Crown Jewels.”

Plans and mindsets can change when nothing binding is in place to preserve them.

Edited by Monkey Tennis