Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers boss Ally McCoist points the finger at Charles Green 'sideshow' in the wake of opening day defeat to Hearts

THE Rangers boss questioned the timing of the former chief executive's re-emergence at Ibrox in the wake of the Ibrox side's 2-1 defeat. JS43763347.jpg
Defejcted Rangers manager Ally McCoist walks off after the final whistle

ALLY McCOIST claims the "sideshow" at Rangers is beginning to affect some players as he took aim at former chief executive Charles Green in the wake of the Ibrox side's 2-1 opening day defeat to Championship rivals Hearts.

Rangers lost 2-1 to a Hearts side who are widely viewed as their main challengers for the Championship title this season and automatic promotion to the top flight.

However the manager took aim at Green in the wake of the defeat, which follows a week where the former chief executive re-emerged to claim he has investors ready to stabilise the club financially.

Gers fans subsequently threatened a formal boycott if Green was to return but there were over 43,683 at Ibrox as skipper Lee McCulloch unfurled the First Division title flag before the Govan Stand was officially renamed the Sandy Jardine Stand in memory of the Rangers and Hearts legend, who passed away in April after a long battle with cancer.

After a good start and several chances to open the scoring it soon all went wrong for Rangers with former defender Danny Wilson opened the scoring in the 52nd minute with a header from a Billy King corner and although Gers midfielder Nicky Law levelled as the game edged into six added minutes, Swedish striker Osman Sow grabbed a dramatic winner for the Jambos seconds later.

Afterwards Rangers boss McCoist was asked about the prospect of Green returning to the club in any sort of capacity.

"Whether he comes back or not remains to be seen," he said.

"I thought the timing of it again... it is a big day for the players, a big day for the supporters and even bigger day for Sandy Jardine's family.

"I just didn't think the timing of it was great.

"For the first time, one or two of the players actually said to me about the timing of all that kind of stuff.

"Everybody does their level best to keep players sheltered and away from it and we will continue to do that because they have to concentrate on results on the park.

"Sometimes it is a little bit of a sideshow we can do without.

JS43764624.jpg VIEW GALLERY

However, if Green has returned to be part of an unwanted sideshow then the main show might also worry Rangers fans after an uninspiring display.

McCoist blamed "extremely poor" defending for the loss of the two goals, and complained that substitute Darren McGregor had not been in the right-back position quickly enough after replacing Richard Foster immediately after Rangers scored.

"When we get the equaliser we are looking at a positive reaction for the last five minutes to win the game and it floored everybody," he said.

"They saw a gap because Richard Foster came off and Darren McGregor came on and he wasn't in his position quick enough.

"I will need to look at it again. I don't think he was on the park quick enough for them to take centre.

"But if he is not on the park we should have stopped the game and not let them take centre until we had regrouped.

"He is definitely not in position when they take centre but I am not saying for a minute that's his fault."

Hearts boss Robbie Neilson was pleased at the way his side responded to Rangers' goal.

"When Rangers scored in the 91st minute then the easiest thing would be for us to fold," said the former Gorgie defender.

"I've been here before and seen it and it ends up 2-1, 3-1 or 4-1 but we turned it around to show the character to come back and win it.

"I have a group of winners in my team but our season won't be defined by today, even though it's great to come to Ibrox and win.

"It's just another game which we will take confidence from but the Championship is relentless, this result won't matter if we go to Cowdenbeath or Dumbarton and get beaten as it's the same points we are playing for.

"But we'll enjoy it but it's back to training on Monday and we start again. We have Hibs next week and we need to gear ourselves up for that. "

Everything about McCoist's statement there is utterly cringy. Seasoned pros like Boyd and Miller couldn't hit the target for worry over the thought of the return of the ex CEO :lol: Sandy Jardine's family distraught, aye sure.

Ridiculously trying to deflect from his own failings and inadequacies. The man has no class or dignity. He made that substitution, not to - as he inferred - capitalise on his team having the momentum from getting the equaliser, but to waste time and settle for the point. It was after-all, a centre half he put on for a full back, real bold move eh? :lol:

Having said that, I for one hope he clings on and continues to play a significant role in completely fucking that club up, for it is in this respect, that he is truly playing a blinder. Gawn yersel Super :lol:

let's all start being nice to him. I am seriously worried he will resign without the payoff that would put Gers into admin.

I think there maybe is a genuine danger that Ally might leave his post some time soon.

For me, that will be a truly sad day. I don't think McCoist's role in contributing to our viewing pleasure these last couple of years can be overstated.

He's been absolutely instrumental in making the Rangers re-birth this funny.

Any news on where they will get operating cash for the season from ..... Have they gone cap in hand to DK yet? Is Laxey and Easdale ponying up? Green and his band of spivs ? ....

Anyone worked out how much they have left in the bank at this stage and how many months before they need a fix?

Do they not have to pay back those "keep the lights on" loans from the Spring by the start of September?

I think there maybe is a genuine danger that Ally might leave his post some time soon.

For me, that will be a truly sad day. I don't think McCoist's role in contributing to our viewing pleasure these last couple of years can be overstated.

He's been absolutely instrumental in making the Rangers re-birth this funny.

Next manager then? Do they pay fees to get Stuart McCall or McInnes? Or do they do it on the cheap with an in-house appointment; Durie?

Both McCall and McInnes (and perhaps Durie too) would be hampered by the presence of the likes of McThuggoch, Miller and Boyd in that they played together and the old mates act would be difficult to dismantle but even harder to make successful in what is clearly the twighlight of their careers.

They need an older bloke with the cojones to axe the deadwood and set that basket case club back on a youth focused path.

Fuckin FAT chance... :lol:

Stunning stuff from Ally.

Fingers and toes crossed he is at the helm of Sevco Scotland Ltd right until their final demise :)

Indeed. I hope they don't scare him off anytime soon. Fatso must stay. We love him.......................ok, I took that too far.

Tedi said he folded on the ST thread.

I posted when the Polterfhud claimed it would be game by game for him that the plonker would eventually cave in and buy an ST. :):lol:

I even posted that the demented taxi driver would renew as well. :)

Sad thing is that they probably renewed when it was time to renew back in June but didn't want to look like complete fannies at chucking their cash at the spivs. :lol:

Gubbin loyal :wub:

Any news on where they will get operating cash for the season from ..... Have they gone cap in hand to DK yet? Is Laxey and Easdale ponying up? Green and his band of spivs ? ....

Anyone worked out how much they have left in the bank at this stage and how many months before they need a fix?

If I remember correctly there was an option to defer payment for a year but came with the high interest fee attached ?

Does any bear realistically think that Fat Sally gave up any of his salary without hefty penalties should they try to terminate his contract and that the only reason the contract signing was delayed was due to the clumpany not having it ready for all those months.

He's going nowhere as the club simply can afford to get rid of him ... and anyone, worth their salt as a manager, coming in will point to his salary in the negotiations.

He's here until he walks away with bulging pockets, hence his feeble post match interviews. Lovely !!!

Yip Dhenny, you're absolutely correct in posting that Fat Sally is too expensive to sack and may even be entitled to his full salary plus bonuses plus a years wages as compensation on top should such a travesty happen at Gestapo HQ in Govan.

Yip Dhenny, you're absolutely correct in posting that Fat Sally is too expensive to sack and may even be entitled to his full salary plus bonuses plus a years wages as compensation on top should such a travesty happen at Gestapo HQ in Govan.

So, what you are saying is...

Sacking Ally might put the club under?

But keeping him might put the club under?

Seems the revised contract of reduced wages would see Ally being repaid the difference, since the drop in pay, if he was sacked.

Add to that the full original value up to the end of the contract date, means there's no way Ally's getting the bullet.

Maybe a Red Card Display might sway the board (of the company), into sacking him.

Seems the revised contract of reduced wages would see Ally being repaid the difference, since the drop in pay, if he was sacked.

Add to that the full original value up to the end of the contract date, means there's no way Ally's getting the bullet.

Maybe a Red Card Display might sway the board (of the company), into sacking him.

It must be great having a highly placed source at Ibrox Dave.

Any more news?

So, what you are saying is...

Sacking Ally might put the club under?

But keeping him might put the club under?

It is a cnut of a predicament to be in Romeo eh ?, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I suppose if it does became that bad for ra Gers under Sooper Salary the board will sack him and then try to stiff McCoist financially and it then gets ugly in the MSM and in the court room. Nice :) even more embarrassment for the countries youngest senior club, Fat Sally the club leg-end totally make a cnut of it and himself as he rapes the club for every penny he can shaft out of the company/club. :lol:

I'll be the fat fucker has already started his best selling biography about how even more embarrassing it will be for the bears with the back room shenanigans Fat Sally knew was going on but at the time he claimed that he knew fcuk all. :1eye