Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Bollocks. Rangers' under u20's with the likes of Alexander, McCulloch, Wallace, Hutton, Little and Naismith would have been more than apt to get to the Championship from the 3rd and would've saw the club on a sound financial footing. You never "needed" any players in whatsoever.

You were the reincarnation of Rangers though and thought you MUST sign players in danger of looking like a club that lived within it's means.

So out you went, bought David Templeton, signed Ian Black, Cibrari, Fraure, Argyriou, Stella, Kyle and Sandanza to play in the 4th tier of Scottish Football before gaining promotion in a quite embarrassing season.

Into the 2nd division and being The Rangers, trying to ensure that you were still seen as the same "powerhouse" Rangers were, you signed Cammy Bell, Simonsen, Foster, Mohsni, Smith, Law, Peralta, Clark and Daly. To play in the third tier of Scottish football.

Absolutely ludicrous amounts of money were flung at players and contracts that increased with every promotion some into 5 figures.

You were bleeding cash like a man with a bad bout of ebola yet you never cut the playing squad at all to meet your income because, afterall, you were The Rangers and all would be rosey when you climbed back atop Scottish football in your "rightful place". Oh no, instead, after gaining another promotion (with Scotland most expensive, inept football manager at the helm) you signed Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller. Oh, and Robinson, McGregor and Zaliukas.

So please, Benny, spare us the bullshit that the big bad spivs have "stole aw ra munney" and you "needed experienced players". You're making a howling thundercunt of yourself.

Hearts finished 11th on points gained with less experience and quality of experienced player in the top flight, you utter slaver. Let's not kid on that Rangers' youths and Lee McCulloch, Wallace, Alexander and the likes of Hutton and co. couldn't have coped with some posties and milkmen in the 3rd division because our squad last year would have sauntered that league without breaking a sweat.

Let's also not forget that the likes of Goian and Bedoya had chosen to Tupe over and were thus contractually obliged to play for your club and you were in no way obliged to loan them out for that season.

One example of how silly you are.

We get slated for bringing in players that are too expensive, yet you claim we should have kept Alexander (one of our highest playing wages) for 3 seasons and then go on to slate us for signing Cammy Bell (on vastly reduced wages) Pretty pointless digging any further into your rant.

Would it be ethically legal or even legal as a PLC to enter administration ... shed debt and then hold a public offering of more shares?

I imagined that would be a non-starter and that they need to keep it afloat and extract as much as they can prior to pushing the BIG button and asset stripping with a complete meltdown (liquidation).

I can't see any half arsed admin saving them as a going concern as the onerous contracts will stay in place and no purchaser or investor will pump money in under those conditions.

Ashley pumping in funds maybe their only hope for some sort of limping along season after season as he fills his coffers ...

DK .. ?? Naw !!

I suppose it will come down to whether they can raise the £3M minimum from this share offering. If they only get £2.9M, they're not going ahead. What happens then?

I suppose you could be onto something with Ashley. If he's raking it in from shirt sales, maybe £200K a month to top up the gate money might be a good deal for him.

I don't agree with the references to Naismith, Goian and Bedoya.

He's not referring to Steven.

How's it fence sitting? Grow up for Christ's sake. To bill the players brought in as merely the acquisition of "experience" is utterly delusional. They were brought in as a statement of status and intent. Green wished to establish that this was still Rangers, complete with capacity for obliterating the opposition by boasting much, much better players than them. I was surprised by how many STs Rangers shifted in summer 2012, but I'm sure they'd have shifted far fewer had they not signed some big top flight names. We had similar shit over the flashy bus, the overnight stays, the foreign summertime tours. It was all about generating income. It didn't need to be profit for these guys - just income. You, more than most Rangers fans, seem to get what these guys are about; yet you're still keen to defend them on the aspect of signings. All terribly easy for them indeed.

They were not brought in as a statement of status, please leave that nonsense to the likes of Norman of daft Hearts.

The fans that i know bought their season tickets to support the team and also out relief, not because of the big named superstars that were signed. They brought into do a job a for 3 or 4 seasons that is all.

The bus was not owned by Rangers, despite false claims on here and the hotels were a mere drop in the ocean compared to what was going on.

We get slated for bringing in players that are too expensive, yet you claim we should have kept Alexander (one of our highest playing wages) for 3 seasons and then go on to slate us for signing Cammy Bell (on vastly reduced wages) Pretty pointless digging any further into your rant.

Was Alexander contracted for three seasons? Eh, no.

Did ICBINR try to keep him, on a new contract with a reduced wage? Eh, yes.

Did Bell sign for more or less, than was offered to Alexander? Nobody really knows, but I know what I believe, when the new club presented their International Superstar replacement for yet another Disloyal Mercenary.

Any increase would easily be paid for - by the Horde. Not you, bennett - we know you've done the honourable thing and contributed fuckall to the new club - but the gullible eedjits like Tedi and No.8 lapping up these International-class signings. Like Peralta. And Daly. :rolleyes:

You really believe that nobody's been paying attention for the last couple of years, don't you? :lol:

When i saw splinter arse had described the post as 'spot on' i went and back and had a quick read. You were quite right not to go digging as it was utter nonsense.

I agree with your predicted timing but I don't think admin is going to resolve their financial problems. They'll be able to get rid of some of the top earners and shaft some of their existing creditors but I still think they'll have trouble balancing the books over the rest of the season.

Admin this month will buy some time but I really don't know where they go from there - they still don't seem to have enough coming in to allow them to meet October's bills.

I know they have experts on board, capable of working miracles when it comes to leveraging small amounts of money but, basically, income << costs. Without a sugar daddy's buy-out or some other cash injection, liquidation looms.

You might be right. The bloke who told me works in media, although not as a journalist. He was pretty sure financial crises of some sort was imminent from chat around the office. Could be 2 +2 and getting 5 but it fits with what we do know.

Rangers :lol:

Somebody really needs to pull the plug an put them out their misery.

They are an embarrassing shambles.

"What's left of Scottish football" :lol: :lol:

I don't see why we can't be thinking further along the road and discussing which club will replace them in the SPFL next season. A club like Spartans or Inverurie Locos would be a more stable entity.

They were not brought in as a statement of status, please leave that nonsense to the likes of Norman of daft Hearts.

The fans that i know bought their season tickets to support the team and also out relief, not because of the big named superstars that were signed. They brought into do a job a for 3 or 4 seasons that is all.

The bus was not owned by Rangers, despite false claims on here and the hotels were a mere drop in the ocean compared to what was going on.

All these drops in the ocean soon add up.

I don't see why we can't be thinking further along the road and discussing which club will replace them in the SPFL next season. A club like Spartans or Inverurie Locos would be a more stable entity.

'The Govan Locos' would be a cracking name for version 3 of 'Rangers'

I would suggest even at this early stage, the Highland League candidate for the Pyramid play-off will be Brora (whisper it...) Rangers.

It's like the wife going shopping and coming back with bargains you don't need ... "but it wiz only a ...... ".

Have you one of them, too? "But it was a bargain. I won't have the money to buy them at the proper price." Erm 1/ We don't need them 2/ We haven't the money to buy them at the bargain price, either. 3/ Did you remember to get the milk? No, no money left.'

He may not have a choice ... :lol:

Imran has caused panic in the ranks !!

He has, but I think it is part of a wider strategy to bring it down for it to be picked back up again. God knows what the end game is? Is it a property deal, is it an attempt to drive it to a low point and rebuild a club on the cheap or a bit of both?

'The Govan Locos' would be a cracking name for version 3 of 'Rangers'

I would suggest even at this early stage, the Highland League candidate for the Pyramid play-off will be Brora (whisper it...) Rangers.

I avoided mentioning Brora as they have no ambition to enter the SPFL and are just happy to win Highland League title after Highland League title until their money runs dry which ends up blocking any other club with ambition but at the time unable to compete with the wages at Brora. I would prefer to see one of the more traditionally successful clubs move up simply because they would be able to hold their own season after season, Peterhead have done a solid job of this without vast amounts of cash. County have had a sugar daddy to help them but there aren't many of these to go around up north and they have had their cash flow problems in the past.

The pyramid is a good idea for us, but not wanting to throw water on the fire, clubs should be sustainable when entering the SPFL and should be scrutinized harder over there finances. A we know this didn't happen with regards a certain club. The English pyramid has had many casualties and has its share of financially crippled clubs struggling on who have over reached themselves, every season greed or over ambition kills or wounds clubs, some of those have been around for over a century. In Scotland most of the new clubs have had to show they are able to meet standards both in terms of facilities and finances and have had to be made to jump through hoops to get to where they are now. Only one, a financial basket case right from the start with no legal right to enter the Scottish League have been given an easy passage without challenge.

Ah Bennett. Still looking for the flawed bit and using it as an excuse for therefore dismissing everything someone then says, I see?

It's truly desperate to watch.

Aw, did he mean Kyle - was that his name? My mistake.

As for the rest, I think it's you that's mistaken. Of course, many STs were shifted due to relief, cheap prices and ostentatious loyalty.

I've no doubt however that the signing of guys like Sandaza contributed hugely, not just because he looked likely at the time to be good, but also because signing good top flight players added to the whole GIRFUY so many of your fans wished to deliver to SPL sides back then.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Super "I didnae read ma contracts n hiv nae idea whit wages I'm on and whaur did thae penny shares cum frum?" Salary ... what was his role in this farcical debacle then?

Was he, like Murray, duped?

Remember you have me on ignore due to my minority status (whatever my minority status is)

When i saw splinter arse had described the post as 'spot on' i went and back and had a quick read. You were quite right not to go digging as it was utter nonsense.

It usually is with daft Hearts but i suspect that norman and Monkey will have hailed it as a pure awessome post lol

Was Alexander contracted for three seasons? Eh, no.

Did ICBINR try to keep him, on a new contract with a reduced wage? Eh, yes.

Did Bell sign for more or less, than was offered to Alexander? Nobody really knows, but I know what I believe, when the new club presented their International Superstar replacement for yet another Disloyal Mercenary.

Any increase would easily be paid for - by the Horde. Not you, bennett - we know you've done the honourable thing and contributed fuckall to the new club - but the gullible eedjits like Tedi and No.8 lapping up these International-class signings. Like Peralta. And Daly. :rolleyes:

You really believe that nobody's been paying attention for the last couple of years, don't you? :lol:

Eh? It's like the QC has got Normans log in details while having a sugar rush lol