Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

BritNats in London laughing at The Rangers.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Financial Times:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/cfbddcce-9c12-11e4-a6b6-00144feabdc0.html

Ibrox stadium, August 25 2011: Rangers FC, the Scottish club that is one of the most famous names in world football, are 15 minutes away from being knocked out of Europe by the champions of Slovenia. The team needs one more goal to take the game into extra time. This is the moment that, traditionally, a home team would be rallied by its fans bellowing, baying, singing a rousing song. Instead, the Glasgow crowd strikes up a weary chorus of the British national anthem, “God Save the Queen”. Rangers fail to score.

Rangers draws much of its support from working-class fans in Glasgow and the west of Scotland, many of whom identify themselves as Protestant unionists. Graham Walker, who saw the game that night, says: “It seemed to me that too many fans are more concerned about defending Britishness than supporting Rangers.”

Stick to the fitba, ya bunch o bigots.

Edited by AnCrùbag

If he hasn't got that 50% of backing this could be very embarrassing for him.

It is going to be humiliating for him either way. Say he wins the vote and gets Ashley and his boys out.

First Ashley would offer his shares for sale. Who will pay the money to buy them?.

Ashley will be sure he has a clause saying his debts (£10mill or whatever) will be due for payment immediately if he is forced out. Who will pay that?

Llambias and Leach will be on contracts, which will have to be paid up and some settlement agreed. Who will pay that?

Not to mention the various other obligations flying around, not least Ally and Durrant.

The good news for Rangers is that Dave King will fail and Ashley will remain in overall control.

The bad news is that evil King will keep posturing and bleating, with the Rangers supporters believing him and getting wound up by him. Just like he achieved last night.

It is going to be humiliating for him either way. Say he wins the vote and gets Ashley and his boys out.

First Ashley would offer his shares for sale. Who will pay the money to buy them?.

Ashley will be sure he has a clause saying his debts (£10mill or whatever) will be due for payment immediately if he is forced out. Who will pay that?

Llambias and Leach will be on contracts, which will have to be paid up and some settlement agreed. Who will pay that?

Not to mention the various other obligations flying around, not least Ally and Durrant.

The good news for Rangers is that Dave King will fail and Ashley will remain in overall control.

The bad news is that evil King will keep posturing and bleating, with the Rangers supporters believing him and getting wound up by him. Just like he achieved last night.

As I've said before, King will get his 51%. The Faithful will follow, follow him over the cliff like lemmings because he iis a Rangers man and he told them about a warchest. You cannot describe colours to someone who is blind, just as you cannot describe common sense to a Bear.

BritNats in London laughing at The Rangers.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Financial Times:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/cfbddcce-9c12-11e4-a6b6-00144feabdc0.html

Stick to the fitba, ya bunch o bigots.

Poor journalism :

"As punishment, the Scottish football authorities announce that from the start of the following season, the club that has been crowned champions of Scotland 54 times will be relegated to its fourth tier"..................

I think he only needs 50% (or 50.1) ... that aside ... do you have a breakdown to support this. Curious.

I'm guessing a large % of the unknown small shares must be bears .. point is will they turn up to an EGM (live abroad etc) or have the savvy, desire or inclination to give their shares/proxy to someone who is.

Haven't checked out the figures yet but, if we start from the vote at the AGM, Somers got about 66% of the vote. Since then Laxely, who had been onside until then, sold out to the 3 Bears, so let's say 51%. King has also bought his shares since then but we don't know how the previous holders voted. Add in the shares that the fans have bought since and the waverers who voted with the board until now but will change sides now that the messiah has arrived and I think he will just get his majority. There won't be much in it but I'm pretty sure he'll get his way. Of course, it will totally piss off MA but he's been several steps in front of all the rest so he can react to matters as he wishes. Last night won't have done much to endear the Bears to him. I think he'll just play with them, Goldilocks and the 3 Bears and then suddenly pull the plug.

Dave King 11,869,505 14.57%

George Taylor 7,575,000 9.30%

Mike Ashley 7,265,000 8.92%

Douglas Park 5,000,000 6.14%

River and Mercantile 4,704,827 5.77%

Artemis Investment 4,286,000 5.26%

Sandy Easdale 4,242,110 5.21%

Blue Pitch Holdings 4,000,000 4.91%

George Letham 3,299,515 4.05%

Margarita Funds 2,600,000 3.19%

Cazenove Capital 2,450,000 3.01%

FMR LLC 2,000,000 2.45%

Legal and General 2,000,000 2.45%

Kieran Prior 1,100,740 1.35%

Ally McCoist 1,071,429 1.31%

Rangers Supporters Trust 826,029 1.01%

Felix Magath 810,000 0.99%

Rangers First 710,000 0.87%

James Easdale 572,749 0.70%

Malcolm Murray 271,429 0.33%

Vanguard Bears + proxies 132,694 0.16%

Ryan King 123,000 0.15%

Norman Crighton 96,222 0.12%

Walter Smith 71,429 0.09%

Discretionary clients of Hargreave Hale 69,450 0.09%

David Somers 61,186 0.08%

Unaccounted for 14,269,887 17.51%

Above data from STV website, January 16th 2015.

Which group has the best chance of improving the share price? The Ashley/Easdale group or the King/3Bears group?

Being capable of upping the share price will be the basis of the professional investors' votes. If it ever gets to that stage.

Edited by thelegendthatis

looking at the above post from thelegendthatis is it too simple to say that the "unnacounted for " shares could well hold the balance of power? equally it may be that blue pitch , margerita etc. may jump the dyke and transfer their sympathies/votes? I am sure none of us can really guess Ashleys next move ,but for sure he will think long and hard. I dont really care much either way, but I feel there are lots more twists and turns to come.

looking at the above post from thelegendthatis is it too simple to say that the "unnacounted for " shares could well hold the balance of power? equally it may be that blue pitch , margerita etc. may jump the dyke and transfer their sympathies/votes? I am sure none of us can really guess Ashleys next move ,but for sure he will think long and hard. I dont really care much either way, but I feel there are lots more twists and turns to come.

Sorry, but I didn't guess at all who the 'unaccounted for' are nor how they will vote. I just gave the list so everyone can do their own sums.

The ones that are 'institutional' investors such as Legal & General (why on earth did they ever get involved?), Cazenove, Artemis for example will (legally) have to advise whoever they are acting for which side will give them the best return on their investment in Rangers shares,

But although 51% of the votes is desirable at the EGM, unless they can reach 75% a minority shareholder will be able to stall and potentially block the decision. Llambias and Ashley will know exactly how best to do this and make their case. A totally dodgy geezer like King being involved would be a strong argument on both a legal (company law) basis but also the challenge of convincing the SFA he is fit and proper now compared with being a 'glib and shameless liar' as described a few years back.

Such a move would put Rangers into business lockdown mode while this was resolved through the courts. Would it put them under? Don't know, but for sure it would make things very difficult.

So agree totally, lots more twists and turns to come. :wacko:

Isn't the convicted fraudster Easdale a board member of the company rather than the club to get around that?

Maybe convicted tax dodger Dave King is planning the same scam. Surely to god he wouldn't have called this EGM if he wasn't certain he'd be successful?

Poor journalism :

"As punishment, the Scottish football authorities announce that from the start of the following season, the club that has been crowned champions of Scotland 54 times will be relegated to its fourth tier"..................

Saw that.

Isn't the convicted fraudster Easdale a board member of the company rather than the club to get around that?

Maybe convicted tax dodger Dave King is planning the same scam. Surely to god he wouldn't have called this EGM if he wasn't certain he'd be successful?

The SFA's "fit & proper" requirement also applies to "any other body corporate associated with it either through the holding of shares in

it or by reason of control by contract or other form of agreement", so that seems to cover the holding company.

Also, Easdale's fraud conviction was over 10 years ago, so doesn't disqualify him.